India: 160 feared dead as an aircraft overshot the runway at Mangalore

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
13207_big.jpg

160 feared dead as an Air India Express aircraft overshot the runway at the Mangalore airport on Saturday morning. As per reports, 163 passengers and 6 crew members were onboard the aircraft.
Karnataka home minister has said that around 160 people may have died in the accident. He also said that the plane crashed around 10 km away from the airport.
The Mangalore police has said that there could be several causalties. Emergency services have been installed at the site of the accident. Almost 25 ambulances have reached the site.
The plane burst into flames after overshooting the runway. The injured were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
All the contact with the aircraft was lost after 6.30 am as the left wing of the plane caught fire.
DGCA has said that they merely have preliminary reports of the accident till now, and are trying to gather more information, including the number of passengers.

source

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
Tragic incident

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Elaihi Raajeeoon :(

May they all rest in peace

ProudPakistani

Voter (50+ posts)
It is very sad and really tragic.

May Allah give patience to the families of all who died in this crash....

Last edited:
M

Murshad Jee

So sad.

hopefully some of them might be OK or just injured.............but on dead.

Wohi Hota Hai Jo Manzoor-e-KHUDA Hota Hai.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
It is very sad. I didn't hear anything about the involvement of ISI, Lashkar or some Muslim in this incident from Indian media or their government and they are saying that this happened as Pilot lost control of the plane...good to see not starting a usual blame game....

May Allah give patience to the families of all who died in this crash....

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajeoon for all Muslims who perished. And may Allah give the survivors lotsof petience.

proudpakistani, hope you didnt speak too soon

Waseem

Staff member
So sad, May Allah give patience to families of deceased and good health who survived this tragic incident.

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
proudpakistani mere khayal se gazzo bhai theek keh rahe haen. ese moqon par esi baten achi nahi hotein.... han agar indian media kuch kehta to phir ham apna response develop karte....

So sad and tragic.... my sincere condolance with the deceased families....

ProudPakistani

Voter (50+ posts)
Sorry friends for my previous comments. Just updated my comments. It was just that Indians have made it a habit of blaming Pakistan in every matter without any investigation. Anyways, I am really sorry for my comments.
May Allah give patience to those affected by this tragic incident...

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Sorry friends for my previous comments. Just updated my comments. It was just that Indians have made it a habit of blaming Pakistan in every matter without any investigation. Anyways, I am really sorry for my comments.
May Allah give patience to those affected by this tragic incident...

'proudpakistani, hope you didnt speak too soon'

Your and my both comments are ok. I wasnt mad. What I meant was that aisa na ho k aap ney bahut jaldi akh ho baat ko phir India ilzam lagan shru kardey. Nothing meant with anger to you. Its a phrase in English. 'speaking too soon' means 'I hope it doesnt happen after all'

sorry

scary

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Sad incident .. Most deceased must be Workers in Dubai who may be sole breadwinner in their family ... Very Tragic accident