In democracy, Even Trump can't silence a single journalist. Sadly Pakistan is now officially a fake-democracy!!!

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
CNN reporter Jim Acosta heads 'back to work' after judge orders White House to restore his press credential

WASHINGTON – A federal judge on Friday ordered the White House to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press badge, which had been revoked earlier this month after a contentious exchange at a news conference with President Donald Trump.
U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly, a Trump appointee, said the White House had violated Acosta’s Fifth Amendment right to due process by suspending his press badge without explanation or a chance for CNN to appeal the decision.
Kelly said White House officials couldn’t say who made the decision or how. The judge ordered the government to restore the credential while the rest of the case – which drew a slew of support from other media outlets, including USA TODAY – is argued.
“This court cannot restore Mr. Acosta’s access to press briefings that have already been held,” Kelly said.
But Kelly said he hasn’t considered at all yet whether the White House violated Acosta’s First Amendment rights. More arguments are expected Tuesday.
“I trust this litigation will continue at a rapid pace.” Kelly said.
Acosta thanked reporters and news organizations outside the courthouse for their support.
“Let’s go back to work,” he said.
Trump said the administration is drafting rules and regulations for reporters.
"People have to behave. We're writing up rules and regulations,” Trump said. “With the rules and regulations, we will end up back in court and we will win."

The goal of the regulations is to ensure decorum, to prevent a reporter from asking three or four questions then refusing to sit down, Trump said.
“It's more important to me than anybody would believe,” Trump said. “But you have to act with respect when you're at the White house, and when I see the way some of my people get treated at news conferences, it's terrible.”
In an interview recorded Friday for "Fox News Sunday," Trump called the court opinion and the drafting of rules "no big deal."
"If he misbehaves we’ll throw him out or we’ll stop the news conference," Trump said.

Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, said Acosta's press badge will be temporarily reinstated.
"We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future," she said in a statement.
Acosta arrived at the White House a little after noon and thanked reporters again for their support.
“My job is to cover the guy in there,” Acosta said, nodding to the Oval Office.
Much of the debate in the case focused on a 1977 case at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which CNN said prevented the revocation of credentials “based on arbitrary or less than compelling reasons.”
But the Justice Department, defending the White House decision to pull Acosta's pass, countered that the case was narrower than CNN described and focused on a Secret Service denial of access for safety and security reasons.
Other media organizations, including Gannett Co., the parent of USA TODAY, said this week that they planned to file briefs with the court supporting CNN. The White House Correspondents Association filed an argument in the case warning the case could set a “dangerous precedent.”
If Trump is allowed to deny access to any reporter he considers “bad” or “rude” or “fake news,” he would have “unbridled discretion to decide who can report from inside the White House,” according to the WHCA’s argument.
"The White House Correspondents’ Association welcomes today’s ruling, in which a federal judge made it clear that the White House cannot arbitrarily revoke a White House press pass," said Olivier Knox, the group's president.
But media support for CNN wasn't universal.

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
CNN reporter Jim Acosta heads 'back to work' after judge orders White House to restore his press credential

WASHINGTON – A federal judge on Friday ordered the White House to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press badge, which had been revoked earlier this month after a contentious exchange at a news conference with President Donald Trump.
U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly, a Trump appointee, said the White House had violated Acosta’s Fifth Amendment right to due process by suspending his press badge without explanation or a chance for CNN to appeal the decision.
Kelly said White House officials couldn’t say who made the decision or how. The judge ordered the government to restore the credential while the rest of the case – which drew a slew of support from other media outlets, including USA TODAY – is argued.
“This court cannot restore Mr. Acosta’s access to press briefings that have already been held,” Kelly said.
But Kelly said he hasn’t considered at all yet whether the White House violated Acosta’s First Amendment rights. More arguments are expected Tuesday.
“I trust this litigation will continue at a rapid pace.” Kelly said.
Acosta thanked reporters and news organizations outside the courthouse for their support.
“Let’s go back to work,” he said.
Trump said the administration is drafting rules and regulations for reporters.
"People have to behave. We're writing up rules and regulations,” Trump said. “With the rules and regulations, we will end up back in court and we will win."

The goal of the regulations is to ensure decorum, to prevent a reporter from asking three or four questions then refusing to sit down, Trump said.
“It's more important to me than anybody would believe,” Trump said. “But you have to act with respect when you're at the White house, and when I see the way some of my people get treated at news conferences, it's terrible.”
In an interview recorded Friday for "Fox News Sunday," Trump called the court opinion and the drafting of rules "no big deal."
"If he misbehaves we’ll throw him out or we’ll stop the news conference," Trump said.

Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, said Acosta's press badge will be temporarily reinstated.
"We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future," she said in a statement.
Acosta arrived at the White House a little after noon and thanked reporters again for their support.
“My job is to cover the guy in there,” Acosta said, nodding to the Oval Office.
Much of the debate in the case focused on a 1977 case at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which CNN said prevented the revocation of credentials “based on arbitrary or less than compelling reasons.”
But the Justice Department, defending the White House decision to pull Acosta's pass, countered that the case was narrower than CNN described and focused on a Secret Service denial of access for safety and security reasons.
Other media organizations, including Gannett Co., the parent of USA TODAY, said this week that they planned to file briefs with the court supporting CNN. The White House Correspondents Association filed an argument in the case warning the case could set a “dangerous precedent.”
If Trump is allowed to deny access to any reporter he considers “bad” or “rude” or “fake news,” he would have “unbridled discretion to decide who can report from inside the White House,” according to the WHCA’s argument.
"The White House Correspondents’ Association welcomes today’s ruling, in which a federal judge made it clear that the White House cannot arbitrarily revoke a White House press pass," said Olivier Knox, the group's president.
But media support for CNN wasn't universal.

The article doesn’t show me how Pakistan is a fake democracy. I don’t get it :)

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
ماضی میں کون سی جمہوریت تھی، صحافیوں کے منہ میں پیسے ٹھونس کر ان منہ بند کیا جاتا تھا. جب سے وظیفہ بند ہوا ہے ان کے منہ کھل گئے ہیں

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Journalist main aur LAFAFAY Main Ferk ker

Then prove it. Not once I have seen a single shred of evidence provided against any journalist about them receiving a lifafa.

I think you blind followers of PTI got used to blaming, blaming and blaming without even using an ounce of common sense.

surfer

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)

This is how you PTI blind trolls fool us. That is relating to PTV appointment case. Sawal Gandum Jawab Chana

Now it's been over 6 months and still zero evidence of corruption or lifafa provided by puppet Khan.

Besharamoo at least show us something from metro project at least. Or any of those powerplant projects completed by PMLN?

surfer

This is how you PTI blind trolls fool us. That is relating to PTV appointment case. Sawal Gandum Jawab Chana

Now it's been over 6 months and still zero evidence of corruption or lifafa provided by puppet Khan.

Besharamoo at least show us something from metro project at least. Or any of those powerplant projects completed by PMLN?

So you don’t think a favour worth 190 m rupees is a lifafa?

Bro, you asked for evidence and I showed it. Now don’t get angry and start calling me a fool just cause you don’t like the answer.

I mean you could have just disagreed with me without insulting. But if if you intended to insult me that’s cool as well. I really don’t mind :)

Minister (2k+ posts)
Then prove it. Not once I have seen a single shred of evidence provided against any journalist about them receiving a lifafa.

I think you blind followers of PTI got used to blaming, blaming and blaming without even using an ounce of common sense.
Are you Pakistani?

Hate_Nooras

Why don't yoh fuuckin worry about Ind and Carry on drinking Modi's piss. Your agent is not in power any more

Pathfinder

there is a combined attack by all political dallay, ppp, nihari league and the other marxist commies who now suck americas rod.

InShaAllah they will all fail.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

پاکستان کو خالصتاً اسلامی شریعہ نظام مصطفیٰ کی ضرورت ہے . مادر پدر

آزاد یہ لا دینی جمہوریت شمبھوریت کے پکھنڈوں کی اس ملک میں

سرے سے ہی کوئی گنجائش نہیں ہے . یہ ملک الله سے لیا ہی لا الہ اللہ

کے منشور پر گیا تھا

باقی سب بکواس ہے
PERIOD.