Imran says 'dew factor' to play key role in World Cup !!!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Imran says 'dew factor' to play key role in World Cup

By Reuters
Published: February 11, 2011

imran-khan-afp-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistans World Cup-winning captain Imran Khan has predicted the dew factor will play a critical role in the outcome of matches at the World Cup.
Apart from the related strengths and weaknesses of the participating teams I think the dew factor in day and night matches will decide results, Imran told a local television channel.
I think any team batting second will have a huge advantage as the ball keeps on getting wet, the outfield is wet and bowlers find it hard to grip the ball, said Imran.
The cricketer-turned politician pointed out that in March and April in day and night matches pitches tended to be flatter because of the warm weather.
And in these months I know by experience that the dew factor also becomes very important in the sub-continent, he said. In 1996, Sri Lanka won the final at Lahore because they chose to chase and ended up getting the advantage of heavy dew making life very difficult for the Australian bowlers.
The organisers have scheduled 36 of the 49 matches in the World Cup as day-night fixtures in the three host countries, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The quarter-finals, semis and final are all day-night fixtures.
India favourites
Earlier, Imran also picked India as favourites to win the title.
On current form, their team combination and the fact they are playing at home, I would say India start off as favourites,
Imran, who led Pakistan to the 1992 World Cup title, said. The former all-rounder, who played in five World Cups, believes the only factor that could undermine Indias team is the expectation and pressure of playing at home.
Otherwise India has a very strong side and their batsmen should be devastating on Indian pitches, he said.
Imran sees Indias Virender Sehwag and Yusuf Pathan as two players who could make a big impact at the tournament.
They are the most powerful and clean hitters in the sport today. Plus they have wisely included a leg-spinner, Piyush Chawla, to partner Harbhajan Singh in the World Cup.
I have always believed that leg-spinners are essential in ODIs as they are attacking options and take wickets.(http://tribune.com.pk/story/117544/imran-says-dew-factor-to-play-key-role-in-world-cup/)

mmalihk

MPA (400+ posts)
Imran Khan is the one and only HOPE.................
Imran dey narey wajan gey..........
hoon tey ho gaye imran imran..........

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Leaving aside politics they should make him President of the Cricket Board and get rid of Chaudhry Mukhtar's Brother in law Ejaz Butt,obsolute disaster.I dont think that petty mind Zardari who also happens to be The Patron in Chief of The Cricket Board will do it ?? I also suspect one prime incentive for this is the enormous amount of cash The Board holds.