Councller (250+ posts)
That thing strike me that if Governor of Punjab
will do Putung Bazi,He will get arrested,because
Supreme Court had ban Putung Bazi,

1100853348-1.gif

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
He will definitely go to Mian Salli's Havaili and should be arrested,
Our constitution makers did not insert 248 for this kind of immunity.

It will be a real test case for Punjab Govt, if they have b...

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
DR MEHMOODZAI said:
That thing strike me that if Governor of Punjab
will do Putung Bazi,He will get arrested,because
Supreme Court had ban Putung Bazi,

1100853348-1.gif

if kite flying is illegal and people are still flying, why not arrest them now, why wait till someone's neck is slit?

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Why not they allocate a ground and celebrate Basant there.
All Kites should enclosed within that park area.

But climbing on top of houses is not safe anyways for anybody...

have some new idea sardar jee [taseer] , this time..

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
There is no practical solution other than banning this activity. Reason is the lack of awareness among the people that they could celebrate some other way. I am not an expert in kite flying but the thing I know is that... normally you need just 10 or let us say 100 people around you to enjoy actually, not 10,000s of them.
I have no statistics as to how many people actually celebrate this activity, but if you have awareness, government can allocate (say 10) parks in Lahore for a 1000-2000 people to celebrate this activity. I am pretty sure we Pakistanis are very much capable of creating the atmosphere of roof-top anywhere, be it a green grass of park. Since number of people interested would certainly be many times the combined capacity of these parks, so you divide people in weeks (and parks) starting from 1st February to 31 March or may be even later.
I have no idea how to stop people from reaching these parks every week :) .

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I personally think kite flying is an exciting activity, Bo kata,pecha and the thrill of the skill of cutting the door of the opponents patang high up in the skies. There is no problem with the sport/activity as such, the problem arises when people use strings which are lethal not the regular cotton door. This would be similar to hitting golf balls on a road and then many people can be hurt or seriously injured. The issue of use string needs to be looked at, people who make the illegal kind of string and those who sell it should not be a big problem to locate ,believe me the police in the area always knows who is doing what if they are quiet then there is another angle to it and that is the culprit. No matter however kind of ban is declared this activity will go on because people enjoy it and if you look into the economical aspect it is the poor who make money of it. Regularize the sport and educate people about it ,that will be the long term solution in my opinion.

one24

Councller (250+ posts)
per mery kahyal sa ab logo ma be patang bazi ka shooq kahtim ho raha ha.lot of reasons mehnagye.busy life.other entertainments. or be kafe reasons han .mujy yaad ha 7/8 year ago lahore ma 12 months ma sa 10 months kites orte the.even june july ma be.ab tu bas ise months thoori bhut ourr rhe han.
or jiss na oryne ha who oarye ga .mujy yaad ha ka last year ya oss sa last iss per pabnde the or police sheri laga ker logo ke cheto per char jiyte the.lol i think govt should not take care of this matter or be kafe masly han .ya kudh he khitm ho jiye ga .jub iss per ban hona chye tha specily jub ya camel door aye the os time kuch howa nahi .ab tu camel door apna aser dheka ker khitm be ho gye.