How to Scan a Book .

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
How to Scan a Book .

What is the benefit from your magnificent idea, without this machine.

Here is the Pakistani Gugaar Treeqa

1: Fix the book at the bottom
2: Fix a Camera on top at a reasonable height.
3: Keep turning the pages and keep taking the pictures.
4: Use the adobe (or any) image recognizing software and convert whole book into ""pdf""

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Are you stupid ?? What hells benefit "your Dostoo" can get from your magnificent idea, without this machine.

Here is the Pakistani Gugaar Treeqa -- Doofus

4: Use the adobe (or any) image recognizing software and convert whole bok into ""pdf""

giphy.gif
Why stupid? Comparing your solution with machine is comparing apples and oranges. Your jugaar might be very good but
these machines are automatic, reliable and fast, can calibrate and adjust camera and finally more reliable for OCR (which ought to be the final goal of scanning).
Machines are for the needs of libraries and businesses - not for the casual users.
The above scanner might not be so fast but this one is pretty good.

RajaRawal111

Why stupid? Comparing your solution with machine is comparing apples and oranges. Your jugaar might be very good but
these machines are automatic, reliable and fast, can calibrate and adjust camera and finally more reliable for OCR (which ought to be the final goal of scanning).
Machines are for the needs of libraries and businesses - not for the casual users.
The above scanner might not be so fast but this one is pretty good.
I am absolutely not against the technologies. But I don't what to buy the expensive machines from others and be happy like all Arabs do.

Sir we are the nation who had nothing other than dirt and aluminum pipes full of impurities, and we spun it at over 1000 revs/sec. World kept watching us with open mouths --- yes I am talking about "Project 786 --- aka the ultracentrifuge".
We are proud Pakistanis --- The gugaar Enigneers

Last edited:

Spartacus

Are you stupid ?? What hells benefit "your Dostoo" can get from your magnificent idea, without this machine.

Here is the Pakistani Gugaar Treeqa -- Doofus

4: Use the adobe (or any) image recognizing software and convert whole bok into ""pdf""

giphy.gif

Good ,
Could you please show us in a video shape
?? What is your idea and how will it work ??
Because seeing is believing !!!
I showed here a video and everyone knows how does it work !!!!

Now yours turn !!!

And , you are not STUPID in my eyes ,
You just came with a new idea .
And maybe your idea is better , but you have to show in a easy way !!!
As I did , easy and simple way !!!!

RajaRawal111

Good ,
Could you please show us in a video shape
?? What is your idea and how will it work ??
Because seeing is believing !!!
I showed here a video and everyone knows how does it work !!!!

Now yours turn !!!

And , you are not STUPID in my eyes ,
You just came with a new idea .
And maybe your idea is better , but you have to show in a easy way !!!
As I did , easy and simple way !!!!
Surkaar I have used this treeqa many times and that is why I told you. And I never asked anyone to film me while I was doing it
But still if you are not able to understand then take a picture with your phone and use the following method to convert it into a text file. This just the one. there are many more.

Last edited:

Will_Bite

Surkaar I have used this treeqa many times and that is why I told you. And I never asked anyone to film me while I was doing it
But still if you are not able to understand then take a picture with your phone and use the following method to convert it into a text file. This just the one. there are many more.

Safe to say that this machine in the original post is targeted towards libraries and universities etc, that have a lot of material to scan. That is why you are unlikely to find in a local gadget shop.

RajaRawal111

Safe to say that this machine in the original post is targeted towards libraries and universities etc, that have a lot of material to scan. That is why you are unlikely to find in a local gadget shop.
If you happen to know. All big libraries in Pakistan which have so far survived, used to employ microfiche technique and have already archived the historical books. And it is very easy to transfer microfilms to digital image. I guess after 80s the books were always digitally developed.

Eyeaan

I am absolutely not against the technologies. But I don't what to buy the expensive machines from others and be happy like all Arabs do.

Sir we are the nation who had nothing other than dirt and aluminum pipes full of impurities, and we spun it at over 1000 revs/sec. World kept watching us with open mouths --- yes I am talking about "Project 786 --- aka the ultracentrifuge".
We are proud Pakistanis --- The gugaar Enigneers
Again you are comparing apples and oranges. There is noting new or "jugaad: about fixed camera and photos - that is very very old and had a good name for moving camera techniques. Such tricks have been used everywhere.
I recall, before color printers, screen photos were used by everyone.
Anyhow machines are for accurate calibrating and reliability - besides speeds - human workers cant achieve that. Final aim of scanning is OCR and text analysis. If Pakistanis wish to invest energies, then develop an accurate system for Urdu/local languages text recognition - We lack resources and research in several areas but no need priding for what is not even there.

The word 'juagad' was made poplar by a couple of recent books about Indo-pak society -- but Jugars are no good but accuracy, the exact sciences and good education are Please don't equate 'jugaar' with self-reliance and local/human-based/low-tech solutions - jagaar rather reminds of siniasi babas, aamil and SS - we have suffered quick-fix pretenders in governance as well who were incapable of addressing and resolving the basic structural issues.

kaleemrehman

you can use any smart lens app which will scan better than normal pictures. google and microsoft both have lens app. just look in the app store for your device.