How to get help ? or any law there on Road If car hit by Motorcycle?

AzaadAlfaaz1316

Councller (250+ posts)
Recently if was in Pak Lahore, Jan Feb 2020 bought a new small car Suzuki Alto.. for my small family.. within 3 weeks I was hit by Motor cycle and Chiqchi both rider stop on the spot but helped by public on the road to get away. hit and run .. To my horror Traffic Police even side with Chiqchi and provide him safe passage to get away .. on my complain ..why he did that they took my Foreigner Driving license and told me i dont have prove that they took it.. I try to make video of them they took my iphone.. on public noise gave me back ..called Police they did not came for my help asked me to go to Traffic Police Office to complain about them.. Kept my license for 30 mints and gave me back and told me this is Pakistan let it go.. Public was defending Chinqchi guy and Traffice Police.. No one was Helping me.. whos car got damaged by other person fault .. 2nd incident new Motor bike 125 honda hit my car so hard damaged was big .. again Public gathered and helped Motor guy to run away Hit and run... I asked few people what to do in this case.. All gave me same Answer forget it .. Just save your time and trouble.
Just wondering is there any law for car Accident ? and how to make them pay specially Motor bike guys
Please share your comments and Experience

thayab

Voter (50+ posts)
This is a civil matter and would require a private prosecution. You would need to instruct a lawyer to pursue a claim against the other party. You would need to take details form the other party at the time of the accident. Nadra card details and licence. Independant witness details who would testify in court. If the other party does not have a licence, then it becomes a criminal matter also.

AzaadAlfaaz1316

Councller (250+ posts)
This is a civil matter and would require a private prosecution. You would need to instruct a lawyer to pursue a claim against the other party. You would need to take details form the other party at the time of the accident. Nadra card details and licence. Independant witness details who would testify in court. If the other party does not have a licence, then it becomes a criminal matter also.
Funny thing is none of those guys have ID on them license ? not even close .. Like i said whole Public was with them asking me to let go .. All i Had was Video I make showing whose fault it was ,, When Traffic Police came .. All i ask the Traffic Police to get ID card from him .. but they says They dont have.. So My Video Evidence is Enough ? in which its clear they Admit their fault.

kwan225

Minister (2k+ posts)
AzaadAlfaaz sahib. If you live abroad and go to Pakistan for a short visit. DO NOT drive. Get help from your family member, friend or rent a car. I heard lots of people use Uber now.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
:) 35k per year by suzuki .. damage was 30 k .. question is what will you do? when its not your fault and you suffer financial loss by others
The problem is we as in overseas Pakistanis are not used to the lawless road culture. You get into an accident you call the police to get a traffic report or you exchange insurance information etc etc we are used to this kind routine.

Pakistan only one rule applies, might is right. So in 3 weeks time you've already gotten you car whacked twice costing 30k worth of damage, image how much damage will you sustain in a period of 1 year. So in view that 35k insurance is mere peanuts.

I would say if you can research and get a better car insurance who has a good track record. Because I kind of doubt you would get a no questions asked full bumper to bumper warranty, probably cost a lot more than 35k

AzaadAlfaaz1316

Councller (250+ posts)
AzaadAlfaaz sahib. If you live abroad and go to Pakistan for a short visit. DO NOT drive. Get help from your family member, friend or rent a car. I heard lots of people use Uber now.
Thanks for your advice.. I did that every year.. rented car for month .. cost me 3000 per day.. and on top of that when car broke down they ask me to pay and get fixed in middle of long journey... these are second hand cars and if break down happen even its not your fault .. I pay .. was sick of this stupid rule.. every year looking for cheap second hand car to buy.. price was so high and quality low to meter backed..

Ocean 7

MPA (400+ posts)
In Pakistan if you rent a car , then rent with driver. there is no rule in Pakistan. help your self, avoid rush hours, limit your traveling, use public transport, if you like to be trouble free and peace of mind.

thayab

Voter (50+ posts)
Funny thing is none of those guys have ID on them license ? not even close .. Like i said whole Public was with them asking me to let go .. All i Had was Video I make showing whose fault it was ,, When Traffic Police came .. All i ask the Traffic Police to get ID card from him .. but they says They dont have.. So My Video Evidence is Enough ? in which its clear they Admit their fault.
Police have a duty of care when attending an incident to gather the relevant information and exchange with both parties. They must also check for licences or give both parties a fixed time to present the details requested. If they fail to do this then a complaint should be pursued against the police in the first instance, regarding dereliction of duty.