Hindu Groups protest Muslim prayers at Toronto public school (Please go and vote on this site)

Adeel

Founder
Click Here to Vote

553445c04092b02cf64cb16c7d6a.jpeg

Several faith-based groups protested outside the Toronto District School Board's headquarters Monday over Muslim prayers taking place in a Toronto school.

For three years, hundreds of students have been praying in the cafeteria at Valley Park Middle School during their lunch hour. The school doesnt run or pay for the service.

TDSB director of education Chris Spence said the decision to hold the prayer sessions was made in consultation with the school community, and no one from the community has complained.

The service is operated by members of the Valley Park community, and was un-opposed by parents of other students at the school before Ron Banerjee, claiming to represent a group called the Canadian Hindu Advocacy, began complaining earlier this year.

"When you have 400 students coming in and out of class...it's extremely disruptive," said Banerjee, who organized Monday's protest. "It's discriminatory. It raises lots of questions in terms of 'Why are Muslims alone being allowed to do this?' This is part of the Islam-ification of society."

Members of the Jewish Defence League of Canada and the Christian Heritage Group also took part in the protest.

80 per cent of Valley Park students are Muslim, and the school began the Friday services to prevent students from missing classes to pray at a nearby mosque.

The TDSB defended the sessions, saying its simply trying to accommodate the religious beliefs of its many Muslim students, as mandated by the Ontario Human Rights Code.

It said the issue is not one about religion in schools but about religious accommodation.

"We have a predominantly Muslim population in the student body, so the parents were asking for a space where we can provide for Friday prayers," board trustee, Shaun Chen previously told CityNews.

Banerjee doesn't buy it.

"If they want to accommodate the Muslim students, they get a one hour lunch break, the mosque is five minutes away, they can just tell them to pack a lunch and during your one-hour break go off to the mosque."

In the meantime, Canada's largest Hindu group, Canadian Hindu Network, says the views of the Canadian Hindu Advocacy are not representative of mainstream Hindus.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
The same newpaper earlier did a poll for either prayers should be allowed and they failed miserably. Now they have come out in open. In the back of their mind they wanted to show that people are not in the favor of prayers but once they failed on that poll they now openly want people to vote for or against the muslim prayer. It is a stupid poll in my view as majority of non muslims will vote against it including some of the muslims and since muslim population is not large they will eventually get what they were looking for. Anyway, lets do our best. Current status is

42% in the favor and the rest against it. So please spread the words.

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
I tried to vote but it says that you have already voted. I think last time I voted on cp24 website. Have they restarted the same poll?

kashif10

Councller (250+ posts)
It's our Area school 'Throncliffe Park'.
Mostly population here are muslims.
In primary school (having approx > 90 % muslims students).
Middle school also have so many muslim students.

But I don't have any idea that why muslim teachers are not in schools here.
You can find many hindu teachers here & I find hindu teachers involved in most of such issues I heard.
One case I heard that a hindu teacher consult with a girl in school & tried to ask her that the hijab she was observing is by her choice or it's an enforcement by her parents.

akk13

Voter (50+ posts)
This kind of Muslim Islamisation/fundamentalism is the reason why Pakistan is in a state of degradation. Religion is meant to be a private affair, not something to be shoved in other people's throat.

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
@abbasiali [MENTION=4936]Adeel[/MENTION] [MENTION=18421]ealtaf[/MENTION]
All you guys plz note that this site is conducting bogus voting.
I went to cast my vote , did it for yes and the result showed 45%. same figure you already mentioned , I thought I wrongly clicked on view results, so I tried to cast vote again, but it said "you already submitted your vote".
I again clicked view result and to my surprise one vote of yes being deducted and results were " Yes 44%, NO 56%"

Boy !! its really fishy. Please go and notice this.

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
This kind of Muslim Islamisation/fundamentalism is the reason why Pakistan is in a state of degradation. Religion is meant to be a private affair, not something to be shoved in other people's throat.

My dear who said that ? who is shoving it in other people's throat ?
are they propogating or forcing others to pray ?

certainly NOT. They simply offering prayers. what harm in doing it. tell me

the most liberal country, claimed for human rights , cant allow to offer prayers?

akk13

Voter (50+ posts)
Brainwashed by whom? It's called separation of church and state (probably a foreign concept for you), the very tenet of a democracy. Canada is not Pakistan or any other Islamic state.

damaani

Citizen
This is ironic that Canada has catholic Schools all over the country which strictly offer Christian education. The non-Christian students have no choice to opt out of these Christian services. Interestingly, the Catholic schools are publicly funded just like other public schools and are run by a separate board through tax-payers money.

These so called "secular" people who are opposing Muslim prayers in a school, why don't they protest against these catholic schools and the Christian services taking place in these schools on daily basis? This is pure hypocrisy and merely triggered by anti-Muslim campaigners.

ealtaf

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brainwashed by whom? It's called separation of church and state (probably a foreign concept for you), the very tenet of a democracy. Canada is not Pakistan or any other Islamic state.

O this is a huge new concept for me... thanks for increasing my level of information.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I hear they are working on providing stem cells to stop brain damage and Canada is leading the effort. I suggest you enlist your name there as you are really in need of that treatment!

akk13

Voter (50+ posts)
It is ironic to me that your account name is "karachiwala" and you are worried about Muslim prayer in a Canadian school. If I were you, which I am glad I am not, I would worry about Karachi, which is burning right now as I write. Who needs to get his brain examined? :lol: