Help (Wifi router set up)

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)
salam friends,i know its not the right forum to ask this type of question but i hope i ll get some solution from here.

How Can I connect a wireless router to an ethernet network cable(LAN) to get wireless?
Currently I have internet provided by an ethernet cable run into my apartment. Obviously there is a modem somewhere in other apartment. I am wondering if I connect a wireless router to said ethernet cable, will I be able to have wireless internet for my apartment?
plz guid how to configure wifi router for that?
i hv thomson WiFi router model TG585.
If somebody know the right forum to solve this type of issues plz PM me its link.

thanks

barca

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: Help(Wifi router set up)

وی فی چوری کر کے کیسے چلانی ہے یہ میں بتا سکتا ہوں

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

200832617171857.jpg

hans

Banned

Before you do any thing, connect a LAN cable between your COmputer and Router, usually IP address defined are

Open Firefox or what ever you use.... in the web link type
[h=3]192.168.1.1[/h]
or check user manual, for IP address of your Router.

configure your Router.
Make sure Router SSID Broadcast is OFF.
have a Strong Password.

falcons

Minister (2k+ posts)

bhai LAN wire ko wifi router aur dosra router dono ki LAN output ma dal do...

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)

falcons
@
Bangash
@
hans

In picture 1 ,Broadband white wire(RJ45) which is connected directly to laptop,i want to connect this wire to Wifi router to convert LAN internet to wifi network.

Pitcure 2, here is what happend when i conntecd the router..Now i dont know what to do next? some body asked me to do router configuration but HOW????

Last edited:

motasimmasood

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

RRRIIIGHT!! I think you have the wrong router for the job.
There are two kinds of wifi routers, one with DSL modem built in it. It has the input socket which comes straight from the phone line (ADSL filter). It dial the internet company itself, talked to their server and gets you the internet. Thats the router that you have. But your internet does not come from a phone line, it comes from an ethernet cable which is either coming from a router or a modem.

Now there is an older version of wifi routers, it does not have DSL modem built in it. It takes an ethernet cable (network cable) coming from a modem or another router and it routes that traffic over the wifi. You need a router without DSL built in it. In that one, you will have an input socket where you will simply put your ethernet cable and that's it.

I maybe wrong but my understanding is that you'll need to change your router. I hope it helps bro!

gaozaban

MPA (400+ posts)

وی فی چوری کر کے کیسے چلانی ہے یہ میں بتا سکتا ہوں

یار بارکہ بھائی، پلیز وائی فائی کے پاس ورڈ کیسے معلوم کیے جاتے ہیں؟ میں نے بہت سے سافٹ ویئرز استعمال کیے ہیں لیکن کام نہیں ہُوا۔ آپ کچھ مدد کر سکتے ہیں؟

Shahbng

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Janab, Aik wireless access point purchase kar lein, kisi bhe computer accessories shop se mil jae gi, normally TP-Link ki asani se mil jae gi. Access point main aik he ethernet port hoti hai, jis cable se net aa raha hai wo laga dein us main or wo device usko wifi main convert kar k signals de gi. Us device ki configuration k liye uske sath aik guide aati hai jo aram se apko samajh aa jai gi.