Govt decides to ban business of reconditioned vehicles

Mr Justice

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bad decision. Asad Umar is creating a disaster for a mango man. First of all he must tighten the noose around car manufacturer's neck to improve quality, lower prices and include safety features on par with foreign manufactured cars.

I remember seeing a program where Asad Umar clearly stated that he will take a strict notice against so called 'Own' money those local car manufactureres are slapping, but to this day, nothing has happened. He is clearly safeguarding corporate interests, and not the common man.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I agree, bad decision. Pakistani made cars are already crap, now they will be even less motivated to make anything better and now will price according to their own wish.

Should have regulated the sector instead. Issue proper second hand car trading licenses who are allowed to import used cars legally after paying all taxes. Have the cars inspected at port of entry to see if it meets all safety rules and regulations. etc etc and so on and so forth.

Mr Justice

Minister (2k+ posts)
A number of Asad Umar's carved policies are clearly in shambles. I can write a lot, as my own industry experiences as well, but I feel just a waste of time and own resources.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Great decision. We need to take a pause and rethink whole auto industry.

Simple point to start is to copy and enforce US auto industry quality & emission standards in Pakistan.

Ban used car import. Allow new car import only. Make sure that it is paid from an overseas account and no foreign exchange leaves Pakistan.

Introduce equal tariff & taxes whether local or imported new car. This will create open market competition.

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
ingadhon ke paas overseas Pakistaniyon ko tang karne ke siwa koi aur kaam nahin....Gift aur baggage scheme khatm...ham yahan kamate hain uss paise se gari le jate ya bhejte hain govt uss per lakhon Rupee tax leti hai....najiz airport fee, Phone tax, aur ab ye.....hamen Pakistan jana hai nahin....Pakistan ke chor manufacturers ki ghatya gariyan kyun khariden....parts kyun import karte ho, paksitan men banao....wo asad umar ko nazar nahin aate...innalillah
********************Pakistan men sharab aur sood band karo*********************
****************Mujahid e media Dr shahid masood ko reha karo*****************

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
ingadhon ke paas overseas Pakistaniyon ko tang karne ke siwa koi aur kaam nahin....Gift aur baggage scheme khatm...ham yahan kamate hain uss *****************

This loop-hole was being used for money laundering out of Pakistan.

secondly, only reconditioned cars are banned. Overseas Pakistanis can still import cars by showing payment proof from their overseas bank accounts along with a copy of their visa/greencard/PR etc. etc.

Last edited:

Salman Mughal

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bad decision. Asad Umar is creating a disaster for a mango man. First of all he must tighten the noose around car manufacturer's neck to improve quality, lower prices and include safety features on par with foreign manufactured cars.

I remember seeing a program where Asad Umar clearly stated that he will take a strict notice against so called 'Own' money those local car manufactureres are slapping, but to this day, nothing has happened. He is clearly safeguarding corporate interests, and not the common man.

Brother no more own money on local cars - my friendly recently booked Toyota Gli and he will get the car in next month.

bhaibarood

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
No back camera
No abs brake
No air bags
No catalytic converters
No safety
No 11 speaker surround sound
No lane assists
No departure warning
No remote start
No emissions
No powertrain warranty
No rust proof warranty
No autosensing wipers

We are making shiteist cars if the world which is expensive as compared to indian made cars

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kal jab mein ne suna k jo pakistan mein manufacture companies hein wo sirf aur sirf 20 Billion RS tax deti hein, jab k jo reconditions cars ka business kerte hein wo almost 100 billions Rs ka tax ya duties deti hein,,,

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
The way this is being implemented is not practical !
Thousands of vehicles are in the pipeline that will reach Karachi Ports soon and then the Gov will need to sort it out with the importers, the same policy was announced in the previous Gov, and the Gov then took back its decision , this time it will not be any different.

The Gov is ill advised .. should have given some time period so that cars paid for before the announcement date still not arrived in Pakistan could have been cleared as per previous terms. And no new purchase would be entertained as per new policy

The new terms of import of cars are good and ensure that car dealers to do use someone elses passport to import vehicles as is the practice till now, but you have to allow for the already purchased cars to be imported on old terms to eliminate our ports getting over crowded with vehicles not being cleared as was the case last time.