Global intelligence “Five Eyes “ caused New Zealand’s tour cancellation

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Global intelligence "Five Eyes " caused Black Caps cancellation as New Zealand government backs New Zealand Cricket's decision​

NZ Herald:

The New Zealand government remains steadfast in its support of New Zealand Cricket's last-minute decision to abandon the Black Caps' tour of Pakistan, despite stinging criticism from Pakistan authorities and the wider cricket community.

NZC made the call to cancel the tour just minutes before the first ODI in Rawalpindi on Friday night, following intelligence of a security threat targeting the Black Caps.

All 15 squad members, who trained under heavy police guard three times since their arrival a week ago, were ordered to remain in their hotel rooms - and will now be rushed out of the country.

According to overseas media, the intelligence came from Five Eyes, an intelligence alliance of New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the United States and United Kingdom. The threat was deemed credible before the match, and led to phone calls between NZC and their counterparts at the Pakistan Cricket Board, and Pakistan and New Zealand Prime Ministers Imran Khan and Jacinda Ardern.

Within 12 hours of those conversations, the tour was cancelled.

New Zealand had not toured Pakistan since 2003, due to long-held security concerns after a 2002 suicide bomb attack outside their Karachi hotel, while in 2009, the Sri Lanka team's bus was attacked in Lahore.

In the aftermath of the cancellation, Pakistan media reported the existence of a Rawalpindi police advisory that cited a threat to the tour, issued earlier this week.

New Zealand Deputy Prime Minister Grant Robertson would not confirm whether that was the threat that caused the tour to be abandoned, but noted the threat was credible and action needed to be taken.

"As is normal in situations like this it is not possible or responsible to go into detail around the nature of these threats, but it was credible and had to be taken seriously.

"We support the decision made by NZ Cricket. They did so on the basis of security assessments, including by their own security advisors on the ground. There was a credible security threat and NZ Cricket has responded appropriately.

Last edited:

knowledge88

five.png

FIVE EYES: The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. These countries are parties to the multilateral UKUSA Agreement, a treaty for joint cooperation in signals intelligence.

Last edited:

knowledge88

It looks as if it is the USA behind this cancellation of the tour. Imran Khan's stand against the USA would have been taken seriously by the CIA.

Let me jog people's memory. Years ago, When the USA warned Bhutto to give up the nuclear programme, and he refused, then there was a warning from Kissinger to Bhutto that the US would make a ‘horrible example’ of him over his refusal to give up the nuclear programme.

Here Mubashir Luqman is saying the same thing in this video. " USA will try to isolate Pakistan."

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Bullshit, intelligence is all about intelligence sharing. If you have intelligence of an eminent threat and your assets/people are on the ground there, in a situation like this, first rule is you relay that information to the security agencies of that country because they are only ones that can counter and neutralize that threat or at the very least protect your people.

If there was any real threat, you have insulted your host country by not sharing that information and put your own people at risk. But of course there was never any real threat in the first place.

knowledge88

Bullshit, intelligence is all about intelligence sharing. If you have intelligence of an eminent threat and your assets/people are on the ground there, in a situation like this, first rule is you relay that information to the security agencies of that country because they are only ones that can counter and neutralize that threat or at the very least protect your people.

If there was any real threat, you have insulted your host country by not sharing that information and put your own people at risk. But of course there was never any real threat in the first place.
This is the point I am trying to make. They never had any threat, they made it up

Afghanistan is going to be a threat for the West, everyone knows that without Pakistan's cooperation what option west has? They can't conquer Afghanistan again. When they were told " Absolutely Not" then there would be some consequences expected. They will isolate Pakistan, will make sure Pakistan's economy suffers. This is exactly Mubashar Liquman is saying in the above video. Do watch it. . .

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This is the point I am trying to make. They never had any threat, they made it up

Afghanistan is going to be a threat for the West, everyone knows that without Pakistan's cooperation what option west has? They can't conquer Afghanistan again. When they were told " Absolutely Not" then there would be some consequences expected. They will isolate Pakistan, will make sure Pakistan's economy suffers. This is exactly Mubashar Liquman is saying in the above video. Do watch it. . .
When will these shackels of these BC tattibans be off our necks. This fucker zia's gift is still keeping on giving after 40 years

knowledge88

knowledge88 Can you tell that this lobbying will not effect our FATF status right as it is on technical and evidence ground right?

You wrote " technical and evidence ground right? "

That is not true.

I don't think even in the past keeping Pakistan in the grey list based on facts.

See what Shah Mahmood Qureshi reacted when Pakistan was kept on the grey list in June this year.

It is hard to predict but the government's making statements about negotiating a deal with TTP, USA warning to not accept Taliban government, etc has filled Imran Khan's plate which was already quite full.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You wrote " technical and evidence ground right? "

That is not true.

I don't think even in the past keeping Pakistan in the grey list based on facts.

See what Shah Mahmood Qureshi reacted when Pakistan was kept on the grey list in June this year.

It is hard to predict but the government's making statements about negotiating a deal with TTP, USA warning to not accept Taliban government, etc has filled Imran Khan's plate which was already quite full.
Why are you even wasting your time with this doofus!

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
خان کے
Absolutely Not
سے مغربی ممالک پہ ہیبت طاری، خان کے خلاف سازشیں شروع۔۔۔۔

knowledge88

Why are you even wasting your time with this doofus!
Actually, You are right. I am wasting time being on siasat.pk. I am in the middle of a very important assignment and I keep getting distracted by social media. Thank you for the reminder. I think I will have a break from social media.

Last edited: