From India: Artist in Exile ???

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoC80hx-G8&feature=player_embedded#at=199[/video]

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Secular, shining,largest democracy, tolerent and so many claims to fame could not prevent or do anything about the injustice,tyrrany,bias and ghundaism except for a news paper article!tsk,tsk.
With this sort of treatment of the citizens who are muslims how can we expect any worthwile results or sincerety in peace from india. india is just tryin to buy sometime until they hatch out another illplanned scheme.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Star Gazer said:
Secular, shining,largest democracy, tolerent and so many claims to fame could not prevent or do anything about the injustice,tyrrany,bias and ghundaism except for a news paper article!tsk,tsk.
With this sort of treatment of the citizens who are muslims how can we expect any worthwile results or sincerety in peace from india. india is just tryin to buy sometime until they hatch out another illplanned scheme.

Do you know the fact about MF? he painted naked picture of Hindu god. Also He Painted lots of Picture which Indian Muslim thinks it is against Islam.. Do you want me to post it on the web so you know why he lives in UK? let me know Only if you have courage to post it on this forum...Find your facts first and then give your opinion ...

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Mr. Hussain one of the great Indian artists I love his work includes his paintings that portrays Hindu god and Goddess in nude. Keep in mind painting gods and goddesses is forbidden in his religion. His work angered Hindu religious nuts but not the nuts in his own religion for his paintings. He is free to come to India but Indian Govt could not guaranty his security. Its a shame. I hope one day he could return back and will.

Your anchor, Mr. Gazoomartian, flew off the handle and rambled all kinds off allegations. I did not here any support for Mr. Soloman Rushdie from any of you guys when Indian Govt banned him and his book from India, Indian Secularism was never questioned bye any of you then.

Despite your views about secular India we know that a lot of work has to be done by us and lot of work has already been done. When US formed a democratic secular Govt it took over one hundred years to abolish slavery form books and they are still working at it. You expect us to do it in a day.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
biomat said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoC80hx-G8&feature=player_embedded#at=199[/video]

The real issue is not whether he painted naked Hindu God or Goddess. The real issu is that MF was targetted in a SECULAR soceity. If anyone painted any of the Islamic figures, we would behead them but thats only because we do not claim to be a secular country. We do have tolerence and understanding within the parameter of Islamic laws.

For example, we were offended when a Dutch man created a cartoon. The entire Muslim world had taken it to the streets only because it hurt us and we do not approve of blasephemy.

Same rule should apply to any one else living in a non-muslim country. MF shouldda known better to instigate a religious feeling between Hindus and Muslims. Insults should never be allowed on any religion in any country.

However I do condemn the treatment by the Indian govt. He could have punished in many other ways. Hindus are just as sensitive as are the Muslims.

If this man has desecrated a Hindu God in Pakistan, we would have still condemned, for we are not hypocrites. No one should allowed to play with the sentiments of any religions.

However I wish New Delhi was just as steadfast and vigorous in punishing the killers of Gujrat Muslims

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
The real issue is not whether he painted naked Hindu God or Goddess. The real issue is that MF was targetted in a SECULAR soceity. If anyone painted any of the Islamic figures, we would behead them but thats only because we do not claim to be a secular country. We do have tolerence and understanding within the parameter of Islamic laws. It is the real issue had he not done that we would not be talking about it. He was targeted by some ignorant Hindu nuts, tough luck we need more people like Mr Hussain. Just because India is a secular country does not mean its citizens are tolerant one has nothing do with another. When Pakistan start to produce world famous artists than we can talk at even level

For example, we were offended when a Dutch man created a cartoon. The entire Muslim world had taken it to the streets only because it hurt us and we do not approve of blasephemy.

Same rule should apply to any one else living in a non-muslim country. MF shouldda known better to instigate a religious feeling between Hindus and Muslims. Insults should never be allowed on any religion in any country. MF did not instigated any bad feeling he did what he does best that brought him the notoriety world wide. In a free society any thing is open for debate including religion, I hope one day we are that society

However I do condemn the treatment by the Indian govt. He could have punished in many other ways. Hindus are just as sensitive as are the Muslims. Mr Husein did not do anything that deserve punishment. If some Hindus are sensitive that's too bad eventually with more people like MF they will become sensitized very quickly. Indian Govt got stuck in catch 22 if some assassinates him they are in problems so they took the path of least resistance one of the cowardly act since Solemn Rushdie

If this man has desecrated a Hindu God in Pakistan, we would have still condemned, for we are not hypocrites. No one should allowed to play with the sentiments of any religions. Thats why Pakistan will never produce artists of his caliber I remember Mehandi Hassan a great artist got fatwas for singing " Ik Husan ke DEVI se Mujha pyar ho gaya"

However I wish New Delhi was just as steadfast and vigorous in punishing the killers of Gujrat Muslims

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Saturn said:
1. For Mr. MF Hussain to be in exile is highly embarrassing and a blot on India.

--That was the whole point,needless to put on a mask that makes it look even more scary and ugly :ugeek:

2. However, nobody issued a fatwa against him. There aren't any psychos out there who will do anything to chop off his head. There is no Imam Khomeni in India.

--Does hinduism have any such laws?or may be evolutionist ( perfect delusional) tend to again confuse such a minor and basic thing, as always a mirror image :lol: guess ya'll govt themselves are the biggest prime living example of khomeni and it's practices.

Also if you remember, that during the Rushdie incident, there were riots and demonstrations in Pakistan, and the police had to open fire on the demonstrators. And i think a few died. This shows the level of fanaticism, they were killed by their own. Now does this make any sense to you?

--I suppose you're projecting the case of MF hussain here regarding death scare he's been given in a so called "Secular and democratic india" :shock: whereas rushdie [anger] ran for his life in a western true secular and democratic country.Poor you need to come to terms with so many realities of this existing world.

Religious fundamentalists are the same everywhere.

--A true democratic and a secular society ( Not in the case of india at all) knows how to curb such issues :ugeek:

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
India has true democracy and a secular society. regardless you agree or not.No one listen to Pakistan in the world anyway.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
IndiaGuy said:
India has true democracy and a secular society. regardless you agree or not.No one listen to Pakistan in the world anyway.

--This case has once again proven (though known already) where ya'll hypocrites stand :ugeek: ya'll can pretty much keep living in a dream world and feed off of the fantasies that amuses ya'll but reality won't change a bit :) and try learning it's true essence and spirit from the west incase you hoped if ever for it's true practical application someday :ugeek:

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
this GUY MF hussain is an anti national element and happens to be a muslim,and purposely did that painting.
i'm against any blasphemy law in general but Indian secularism is not at the cost of insult
to religion.
he should either tender public apology to hindus or stay out.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
dil-se-desi said:
but Indian secularism is not at the cost of insult
to religion.

---Yet again mesmerized to the core issue :oops: :o All or none rule should apply :ugeek:

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
taul said:
dil-se-desi said:
but Indian secularism is not at the cost of insult
to religion.

---Yet again mesmerized to the core issue :oops: :o All or none rule should apply :ugeek:

we will make our own rule and implement the way we want in nations best interest.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
dil-se-desi said:
we will make our own rule and implement the way we want in nations best interest

--Misrepresentation/misuse of any notion or meaning makes only the one abusing it look incompetent and a bit perplexed :ugeek:

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
butshikan said:
dil-se-desi said:
we will make our own rule and implement the way we want in nations best interest.
[funnny]

google word "hypocrite"

google word "hypocrite"????????????........hahaha

those people who don't tolerate even their fellow citizen's different opinion
on this forum and use abusive language in response to them

POINT FINGER AT OTHERS,what a joke.

joke of the day

THOSE WHO LIVES IN GLASS HOUSES

THEY TAKE SHOWER IN FULL DRESS

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
dil-se-desi said:
butshikan said:
[quote="dil-se-desi":3qbl4ymh]
[funnny]

google word "hypocrite"

google word "hypocrite"????????????........hahaha

those people who don't tolerate even their fellow citizen's different opinion
on this forum and use abusive language in response to them

POINT FINGER AT OTHERS,what a joke.

joke of the day

THOSE WHO LIVES IN GLASS HOUSES

THEY TAKE SHOWER IN FULL DRESS[/quote:3qbl4ymh]

u r making one of ur self 4 sure ;)

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
dil-se-desi said:
this GUY MF hussain is an anti national element and happens to be a muslim,and purposely did that painting.
i'm against any blasphemy law in general but Indian secularism is not at the cost of insult
to religion.

Can you point out what did he do that was "Anti Natonal" where is the evidence to prove that he did it purposely except for your wild imagination.

Either you are or not against Blasphemy laws there is no middle ground here for generalities. What difference does it make weather you worship a fully clothed god or nude. Let the Gods deal with the offenders if you believe they have any powers and obey the laws of the land called India and follow its constitution or tear it down then let the civil war begin and have your own country protected by God.

As Half a Hindu and to Honour Mr. Hussain I just painted a nude Goddess (sarwasti goddess of creativity), I intended to show it to at least ten of my full Hindu friends, but I can't not because its nude, its horrible and I am ashamed . I bet saraswati is proud of Mr. Hussain. I just have to apologize to the goddess and try to be a better painter.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
IndiaGuy said:
Star Gazer said:
Do you know the fact about MF? he painted naked picture of Hindu god. Also He Painted lots of Picture which Indian Muslim thinks it is against Islam.. Do you want me to post it on the web so you know why he lives in UK? let me know Only if you have courage to post it on this forum...Find your facts first and then give your opinion ...

I know what your problem is. You have temples with carvings of all sort of nude profiles, india makes movies showing nudity, your's is a secular country with freedom of expression and art has no boundries. What I do not understand is has he been exiled because the muslims demanded it of the indian government or he has been exiled on the demand of the extremist,fundamentalist hindu groups? because the reason will point to the truth.
Please don't try to threaten me with your immature challenges.
Now don't go bedazzling me!

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
Last thing any Indian wants is to get lecture about secularism and democracy from Pakistani. I am saying this with all honesty, it doesn't suit you guys. As far as I know he has won his case in the court and there is nothing stopping him to return to India. I think if he comes back he will be safe and will be given government protection if need be. I think he is a great artist and I admire his paintings. When he painted nude paintings, I being a PRACTISING Hindu felt little offended but once I looked at them I had no problem as all his paintings carry a deep message. Many people in India are uneducated, some people are naive and get very easily offended. You can't control each one of them. Most important thing for me is that our law has no problem with the painter. I hope he comes back to his motherland and I know many people will welcome him with open heart. I don't know what he wants from government? a public apology that some Indians filed case against him....
Culture/religion that can tolerate opposition and allows freedom tend to be resilient .So I urge Indians on this forum to display some courtesy to this old 'great' Indian. Guys our culture is extremely resilient nothing should offend us so easily.
345-muslim-outrage.jpg

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Last thing any Indian wants is to get lecture about secularism and democracy from Pakistani. I am saying this with all honesty, it doesn't suit you guys

--Truly ya'll need some refreshing course 101 on such ideologies by the west :D which delusional ya'll couldn't even copy what you so poorly and ridiculously intended to project and make a complete mockery of it along the way displaying your evil true intentions,poor ya'll keep showing your true colors every time and then get pretty bothered and set on an unsuccessful attempt of displacement :lol: ofcourse,why wouldn't you,when ya'll ruling party have been the fundamentalist hindu BJP through out all these decades and been run by the hardcore fundamentalist who've even been indicted for inciting hatred against muslims :oops: you can only fool your own selves by self made hilarious cocktails :oops:

When he painted nude paintings, I being a PRACTISING Hindu felt little offended but once I looked at them I had no problem as all his paintings carry a deep

--You should loud 'n' clear send this message to ya'll hardcore practicing hindu politicians after all it's they who have ya'll believe in the so called "Secular and democratic" law and norms :lol: