Food for Thought: NTS Test for Parliamentarians

Phoebusrex

Senator (1k+ posts)
If we have to take NTS test to get admission in college or university to prove our abilities and interest for the required degree or specialization. Then why the Legislature requires a BA degree only to qualify for entering the Parliament? Don't you think there should be at least one NTS test where the aspiring candidates should be asked to study and understand "Constitution of Pakistan". And only those should go for the election process who pass this NTS test. Sounds weird? But definitely a considerable point for the next Election Reforms. We need Parliamentarians to improve our constitution and legislation. We do not need their meaningless debates and resolutions... Agreed. If yes, please share it with your friends.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Parliamentarians can't even get the original educational documents and degrees and you want to arrange NTS test. They even can't hold pen or touch mouse of PC. They can only count Currency Notes for which they are in assemblies.

Phoebusrex

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is why I have suggested this idea to be the part of new reforms. If you do not know what is in the constitution, how you can improve it. This is exactly the point that we should get rid of this illiterate people.

Phoebusrex

Senator (1k+ posts)
NTS Entry Test for Parliament...

f a common Pakistani has to take NTS test to get admission in college or university to prove his abilities and interest for the required degree or specialization. Then why the Legislature requires a BA degree only to qualify for entering the Parliament? Don't you think there should be at least one NTS test where the aspiring candidates should be asked to study and understand "Constitution of Pakistan". And only those should go for the election process who pass this NTS test. Sounds weird? But definitely a considerable point for the next Election Reforms.

We need Parliamentarians to improve our constitution and legislation. We don't need Parliamentarians who even cannot spell the word Constitution. Guess how many of our parliamentarians know the No. of Clauses in our constitution. I believe less than 5% will be knowing the correct answer. less than

adamfani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: NTS Entry Test for Parliament...

Then why the Legislature requires a BA degree only to qualify for entering the Parliament?

Yeh shart Mussharaf nay lagai theeeeeeeee....................magar phir 18th amendment kaay baad jahil,gadhay,kharkay,unparh uloo kay pathaay parliamentarian ban saktay hain.............. .balkay ban chukay hain

imtiazahmed

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: NTS Entry Test for Parliament...

The thread starter should know the definition of democracy which in the shortest form can be defined by the people and for the people. It is the people who through their votes elect the parliamentarians. Phoolan Devi was once returned into Lok Sabha in spite of being an illiterate dacoit and accused of many murders. Nothing bad happened to Indian democracy, the system moved on rather ran on.

However, I would agree if the proposal of shortening the term of election after four years instead of every five years is proposed. When Imran Khan says "tabdily aa nahee rahi, tabdily aagai he", to a great extent he speaks the truth. People must know the power and right use of their ballot papers.

Phoebusrex

Senator (1k+ posts)
--------------------------------\
Bro, I am not talking about democracy here. It is just a thought that while for every critical forum you need a capable person with some pre-qualification and an aptitude to handle or face the challenges on that platform. This parliament is the forum which decides the fate of the nation by addressing their issues and bringing out the best possible solution for them. So why this rule is not applied there? Secondly, the concept of democracy is imported from the West where political milieu is entirely different from ours. Their parliaments are represented by the educated people not by the family mafias like here in Pakistan. Thirdly, Constitution document should be read and understood by the MPs so they should know what needs to be done. (for example, if you do not read a book, how can you comment on it?) Lastly, pardon me for my memory slip about the BA degree criteria anullment.