Fawad Ch aims to introduce mobile phone payment system

Bilal Raza

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

493432_35497439.jpg

https://twitter.com/x/status/1132877510784503808
"In my opinion, the Ruet-Hilal Committee is no longer required in the country," he had stated.

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry on Monday took to Twitter, and stated that the next challenge [after introducing moonsighting website and Hijri Calendar] is to replace debit cards in the country with a mobile phone payment system.

“For advancement, it is essential that payments are made easier. Inshallah in the next few months, you [people] will be able to make all payments, from your bus ticket to purchasing a new car, using your mobiles,” Chaudhry stated.

On Sunday, Chaudhry launched Pakistan’s first official Moon-sighting website and Hijri Calendar, and subsequently announced that based on the lunar observations, Eidul Fitr will be celebrated on June 5, 2019, and Eidul Azha on August 12 this year.

The minister, while addressing a press conference at Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR), outlined the significance of technology, and had said that he has sent the five-year Hijri Calendar to the Islamic Ideology Council, adding that the calendar will be presented before the cabinet on Wednesday.

“In my opinion, the Ruet-Hilal Committee is no longer required [for moon-sighting] in the country,” he had said.

Fawad Chaudhry further had mentioned that a number of departments have collaborated, with experts critically involved in the matter, for developing the moonsighting website and calendar from 2019 to 2024.

“The application was prepared with feedback from experts of the Meteorological Department and Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (Suparco),” he said, adding that the application would be available from Monday on the Google play store.

“Through this application, moon’s existence over eight strategic locations would be mapped.” He had also declared that the month of August would be considered as the month of Science and Technology.

Source

Last edited:

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think he is tech-savvy and enjoys cool shashkaye and shodian!! Most likely during his tenure he'll channel his interests towards massive digitization drive in Pakistan!

Politically1981

MPA (400+ posts)
ye ek page ki site hai bhai uski estimation batae hai

One page site can be built for free using many tools. By mobile payment he means Apple Pay or some other apps which allows storing credit cards on their apps. Mobile is a platform for payment and and not a source. Unless regulations are eased up, nobody including PayPal would want to come. Moreover mobile payment is not risk free, no wonder why at many places in America, they still use old ways of payment, like cash at several train stations in New York.

Ali_91

MPA (400+ posts)
One page site can be built for free using many tools. By mobile payment he means Apple Pay or some other apps which allows storing credit cards on their apps. Mobile is a platform for payment and and not a source. Unless regulations are eased up, nobody including PayPal would want to come. Moreover mobile payment is not risk free, no wonder why at many places in America, they still use old ways of payment, like cash at several train stations in New York.
I am not sure what fawad is trying to do here . Dont you think Apple pay will still work in Pal or google pay will work if store the credit cards in it ?

Ali_91

MPA (400+ posts)
Moreover it should be the banks providing banking apps and payment options. I believe National bank has recently launched his app for mobile banking

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
i didn't understand your point there is a mobile payment process u can integrated from a bank account just like uber and careem are doing for there credits already but if any other stand alone system should be little bit Tricky but there is another app in market as well i think i have not used that keenu wallet or u can take example of bitcoin etc

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
calender one page static website bana kr bara challenge complete krliya hai jo market se 10k se 15k tk banjae ge

Its not a one page static website. Not sure if you have visited the site, but it is fairly elaborate, and designed by IT center of Comsats.

Pakistan needs digitization, as that is one of the main ways of documenting all transactions., and bringing cash into the mainstream economy. I guess Fawad was more suited to this, though he cant seem to stop yapping about extraneous affairs.

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its not a one page static website. Not sure if you have visited the site, but it is fairly elaborate, and designed by IT center of Comsats.

Pakistan needs digitization, as that is one of the main ways of documenting all transactions., and bringing cash into the mainstream economy. I guess Fawad was more suited to this, though he cant seem to stop yapping about extraneous affairs.
well i m agreed pakistan need digitization but some times its good to leave the controversial issues becuase that stir panic we all know mullah's are most power full entity in pakistan we have alot of things to be digitize just like health and education

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It will help legalize the economy. Better analysis of transaction. ease of payments and fraud prevention.