"Facebook" Javaid Chjaudhry's Column on facebook boycott.... Best Column, must read....

Hammad Shah

Councller (250+ posts)
1101074916-2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
I read his column today. If you think you can make a difference on face book, sure.

For someone like me who would be there for chit chat, gup shup, sharing pictures, its better not to be a part of such a social network.

Adeel

Founder
I read his column today. If you think you can make a difference on face book, sure.

For someone like me who would be there for chit chat, gup shup, sharing pictures, its better not to be a part of such a social network.

Facebook is an extremely extremely powerful tool if used for good reasons and wisely. You can reach 100s and 1000s of people in minutes. I remember posting a video up there...It had over 100,000 views within days.

waqarawan

Citizen
Salam to all,
In my opinion Face book is not a forum that I cannot live without it. Someone came out with Millat Face book which is almost like face book. http://millatfacebook.com/ . It is a forum for Muslims where no one will use abusive language for your and my prophet (PBUH). I sent invitations to all my friends to come and join the forum but found none coming to that forum. I preferred to leave face book because I felt that is the right way. Those who say it is a great tool then I would say that there are many other forums where you can do the same what you do here at Face Book if you really want to do so. I do not know how we can compare taking education in schools and colleges same as using Face book which is mostly an addiction and a waste of time. Thanks

omerkuwait

Councller (250+ posts)
first of all facebook is not a technology (i mean yeh koe aise cheez nahe k iss k bina dunya ki taraqi adhori hai.)

dosra yeh k hai chuhdary saab ki baat mai itzaad hai unhoo nay kaha k woh har uss cheez ko perhna sunnana aur daikhna gunah samjtay hain
jis mai RASOOL ALLAH (PBUH) ki shaan mai gustakhi hoo.(tou kia javed chuhdary saab nay apna PAGE usi BOOK mai register nahe kerwaya kia?
this is the same damn book chuhdary saab dosra yeh k jaha tak mayray ilam mai hai tou islam mai
ہر وہ چیز جس کا نقصان زیادہ اور فائدہ کم ہے وہ غلط ہے

aur jaha tak mai samjta hoo tou facebook PONDI ka aik bohat bara ADDA hai bus.

aur agar pondi ghalat cheez hai
tou app mai say kon hai jo DAVA ker sakta hai k facebook ka faida ziada aur nuqsaan kam hai.

baki har kisi ki apne roy hai.

Last edited:

[AM]

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I also disagree with Javaid Chaudhary's this logic... what technology has to do with Facebook? I used for years, but never find any benefit that really cover what Javaid Chaudhary is talking about.

I think this article he wrote in hurry.. and didn't garnished as he do for others... If suppose I re-activate my account and join his page, then what cause he will be working on? And how many pplz will go after that... other than just share their activities with friends to show how serious they are about the cause, while in actual, they'll be not practicing what they quote and share.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Some time this Javed Choudhry also become so naive..........he said that Muslim didn't protest on facebook and Facebook is a site where everybody can make a page etc...........For his kind information many Muslims asked them to close this page but Facebook admins didn't respond to them and didn't close the page. But when many Muslim group had created pages against that "Filthy" page as protest, they were straight away deleted by Facebook admins.

Muslims had boycotted the facebook because of their discriminatory policies. Their rules are different for non-Muslims than for Muslims. They are notfollowing their rules of their own website.

Ok Javed Choudhry keep on using Facebook and get "Blessed"

Last edited:

omerkuwait

Councller (250+ posts)
Some time this Javed Choudhry also become so naive..........he said that Muslim didn't protest on facebook and Facebook is a site where everybody can make a page etc...........For his kind information many Muslims asked them to close this page but Facebook admins didn't respond to them and didn't close the page. But when many Muslim group had created pages against that "Filthy" page as protest, they were straight away deleted by Facebook admins.

Muslims had boycotted the facebook because of their discriminatory policies. Their rules are different for non-Muslims than for Muslims. They are notfollowing their rules of their own website.

Ok Javed Choudhry keep on using Facebook and get "Blessed"

agree with nice2MU.
(AUR javed saab ko shyd yeh nahe pata k facebook per HITTLER k nam ka acount bana ker dikhaye)
aur app sub ki information k leye shyd ho sakta hai kuch logo ko pata ho.
karachi mai kisi bhai nay hittler k naam ka page banaya thaa within 24 hours admin nay delete ker dia thaa .

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
@Adeel:

I have a friend who uses face book to teach some religious concepts based on Ahadeeth and Quran e Pak. So I fully agree with you or anyone who is using face book for educational activities. But as I said, I would not be doing anything constructive. I know myself. Therefore, for me, its better not to join the FB.

jatala

Salam to all,
In my opinion Face book is not a forum that I cannot live without it. Someone came out with Millat Face book which is almost like face book. http://millatfacebook.com/ . It is a forum for Muslims where no one will use abusive language for your and my prophet (PBUH). I sent invitations to all my friends to come and join the forum but found none coming to that forum. I preferred to leave face book because I felt that is the right way. Those who say it is a great tool then I would say that there are many other forums where you can do the same what you do here at Face Book if you really want to do so. I do not know how we can compare taking education in schools and colleges same as using Face book which is mostly an addiction and a waste of time. Thanks
Well, I think, we should have courage to listen, read and evaluate the veiws, beliefs and thoughts of people from the opposite side. This will help us know what other people think about us. Eventually we will know that in this world we are not living alone and obviously we will know that there are people who have different beleifs and there are people who do not like us due to certain reasons. Moreover, we will also know that there soceities, cultures and countries which are functioning better than our system. This knowledge will enable us to broaden our mind, thinking and eventually we will aspire to change for better.......For me interaction with different people especially those who do not share the same values is very important for our development (as an individual and society). Boycotting something is very irrational response and it amounts to cagging yourself from external influences which is sign of weakness.

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
Javed Chaudhry's points are not valid. They are only lame excuses for those who want to cling to facebook. (Jab kisi kaam ko dil na maanay to insaan laakh bahanay dhoond leta hay)

He said that Facebook is a social media and anyone can make any kind of page. If this is true then try creating a page to question holocaust. This will reveal their freedom of speech. They might ban you on creating such a page. On the other hand when someone creates a page which is against Islam, they term it as freedom of speech.

Then he said that Muslims should not boycott the facebood instead they should record their protest and also come up with their own alternative. Muslims have already recorded their anger and protested against blasphemous pages and the alternatives are also available. The problem is with some Muslims who dont want to quit face book. Out of all Muslims who are using facebook, only handful of them will be using it for constructive purposes. Most of them are using it for fun.

In my opinion all the muslims who are not using it for any constructive purpose should quit facebook and join other alternatives for social networking.

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well, I think, we should have courage to listen, read and evaluate the veiws, beliefs and thoughts of people from the opposite side. This will help us know what other people think about us. Eventually we will know that in this world we are not living alone and obviously we will know that there are people who have different beleifs and there are people who do not like us due to certain reasons. Moreover, we will also know that there soceities, cultures and countries which are functioning better than our system. This knowledge will enable us to broaden our mind, thinking and eventually we will aspire to change for better.......For me interaction with different people especially those who do not share the same values is very important for our development (as an individual and society). Boycotting something is very irrational response and it amounts to cagging yourself from external influences which is sign of weakness.

In other words we should be beghairat enough to digest every kind of humiliation & mockery.

Stop believing these buzz words. Do you think they show same courage when it comes to their interests?

jatala

In other words we should be beghairat enough to digest every kind of humiliation & mockery.

Stop believing these buzz words. Do you think they show same courage when it comes to their interests?
Nobody is talking abt digesting anything. It is about understanding things. It is abt knowing that different people have different interests, different standards, different beliefs........It is about learning proper response.....

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Let's invite mr. Javed ch. To this thread. And I hope he may understand his mistake about FB. Secondly everyone want quickest way to get big name and These days FB is a big tool for this.

JewayPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
[AM];254973 said:
I also disagree with Javaid Chaudhary's this logic... what technology has to do with Facebook? I used for years, but never find any benefit that really cover what Javaid Chaudhary is talking about.

I think this article he wrote in hurry.. and didn't garnished as he do for others... If suppose I re-activate my account and join his page, then what cause he will be working on? And how many pplz will go after that... other than just share their activities with friends to show how serious they are about the cause, while in actual, they'll be not practicing what they quote and share.
I agree with you 100%.He hasnt looked at the financial impact which the FB owner faced withing 3 days last time and they were on their knees.I also support the muslimfacebook.Whats the usage of FB by people around.Not constructive at least.

Malik495

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am fully heartly dissagree with javed chudhry's excuses on joing nonsense facebook...............i am fully agree with omer kuwait that facebook is nothing but the place of pondi.. nothing constructive .. 4 man show ne javed chaudhry ki achi kit lagaee hay....