Door to Door verification for Voters list begins today

anyie1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Door to Door verification begins today

Please register your vote and convince others too. This is going to be the biggest election (if it happens) in the history of pakistan. Future and fate of the country will depend on these elections so everyone should participate.

lafatah

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Door to Door verification begins today

my whole family will vote and i have atleast tried to get another dozen people get registered too.

I will probably call the election commision office tommow and ask them when they will register me.

I agree this is make or break.

If PML N or PPP come in power i will probably migrate for the next few years.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Can you please put source of this news.

[h=1]ECP set to start verification of 81m voters from today[/h]Published: August 22, 2011
ISLAMABAD (APP) - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) expects the number of registered voters to be around 83 million, as it starts the massive task of door-to-door verification of electoral rolls from today (Monday, Aug 22), involving 0.124 million manpower.

The verification of 81 million computerised electoral rolls based on database of National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) would ensure transparency in election process and give people right to elect their representatives.

During the campaign those having mentioned their names in family forms but could not get CNIC, would be facilitated to get their computerised ID cards. Similarly, names of those who had expired but this information could not be communicated to NADRA, would also be deleted from the lists.

Making of Computerised National Identity Cards (CNIC) mandatory for registration of voter is key ensuring transparent electoral rolls. People having two addresses would be given option to get registered as voter at their place.

Around 36 million new voters with valid CNIC are likely to be registered as a result of the campaign. According to Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), National Database and Registration Authority did not authenticate 37.2 million voters out of 82 million registered voters in the voter lists of 2007. As a result of the campaign the number of total authentic voters is likely to be around 83 million.

The important exercise would continue till September 30. NADRA will print another draft list in December this year. People will be asked to pinpoint the anomalies if any in the electoral rolls. The final voters list will be published in March 2012 and next election will be held on the basis of new voter lists.

It is pertinent to mention here that the ECP with the help of NADRA

is preparing transparent database and the CNIC number would be used as a unique identifier for the existing voters’ list to discourage the trend of fake voting and to avoid double entry. It is for the first time in the history of Pakistan that such electoral rolls database is going to be prepared, which will eliminate all possibility of double and bogus voter lists.

For door to door campaign the country has been divided into 14,5000 census block. One Census Block contains 200 to 250 houses or 1200 to 1500 people. The ECP is likely to initiate a media campaign from Monday urging people to register their votes.

Sources agreed that the registered voter lists might not be completed due to security situation in some areas, including North and South Waziristan and two or three districts

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...o-start-verification-of-81m-voters-from-today