Don't follow the West - Death Penalty

Nain

MPA (400+ posts)
Don't follow West
Don't follow west, The term west is generally used for western countries like Europe and USA. The concept of human rights is very different in West and Pakistan because there are entirely different humans in West and Pakistan. Physically they look the same but western humans have culturally and ethically evolved. For instance there is a 100% literacy rate in the west and that literacy doesn't mean only reading and writing ability. In Pakistan the actual literacy rate is 20%, people who have matriculated (10th class pass). Similarly prosperity and functional system in the West since centuries produce a cultured human.

There was a capital punishment in Europe 50 years ago. In USA capital punishment is still practised in numerous states.

In Europe freedom is the basic fundamental right of human beings and people really enjoy their freedom, as there is a prosperity in the society contrary to Pakistan where majority people are in poverty and struggling to maintain a connection between soul and body.
So in the west taking away freedom of someone and putting them in prison is a very big suffering and strong punishment whereas in Pakistan putting someone in prison for life who is already struggling to live is no big deal. Moreover influential will find luxuries in prison too which is impossible in the west.

For paedophiles and rapist there is a strong tracking and isolation system with severe punishments in the west too, in some cases they are regarded more serious than terrorism.

Cutting short, we need to have laws for the type of humans we have. Every country and society is at different level of evolution, we still are a medieval society and we need strong punishments including capital punishment.

Last edited:

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Don't follow West
Don't follow west, The term west is generally used for western countries like Europe and USA. The concept of human rights is very different in West and Pakistan because there are entirely different humans in West and Pakistan. Physically they look the same but western humans have culturally and ethically evolved. For instance there is a 100% literacy rate in the west and that literacy doesn't mean only reading and writing ability. In Pakistan the actual literacy rate is 20%, people who have matriculated (10th class pass). Similarly prosperity and functional system in the West since centuries produce a cultured human.

There was a capital punishment in Europe 50 years ago. In USA capital punishment is still practised in numerous states.

In Europe freedom is the basic fundamental right of human beings and people really enjoy their freedom, as there is a prosperity in the society contrary to Pakistan where majority people are in poverty and struggling to maintain a connection between soul and body.
So in the west taking away freedom of someone and putting them in prison is a very big suffering and strong punishment whereas in Pakistan putting someone in prison for life who is already struggling to live is no big deal. Moreover influential will find luxuries in prison too which is impossible in the west.

For paedophiles and rapist there is a strong tracking and isolation system with severe punishments in the west too, in some cases they are regarded more serious than terrorism.

Cutting short, we need to have laws for the type of humans we have. Every country and society is at different level of evolution, we still are a medieval society and we need strong punishments including capital punishment.
This is the reason, all third world countries have the death penalty for serious crimes.

I remember when an Australian woman "Schapelle Corby" was sentenced for imprisonment in Indonesia, Australia TV showed Australian prisons for women. Oh! My God, I was in a shock to see Australia's women's prison. They were like a 4 star hotel. A separate room, single bed with a TV and Fridge ? If we provide such prisons to criminal women in Pakistan, many would prefer to be in the prison then being at home ?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This is the reason, all third world countries have the death penalty for serious crimes.

I remember when an Australian woman "Schapelle Corby" was sentenced for imprisonment in Indonesia, Australia TV showed Australian prisons for women. Oh! My God, I was in a shock to see Australia's women's prison. They were like a 4 star hotel. A separate room, single bed with a TV and Fridge ? If we provide such prisons to criminal women in Pakistan, many would prefer to be in the prison then being at home ?
Then you need to see Norwegian prisons. This is the prison where mass murderer Ander Breivik is serving his sentence

180306192959-prison-reform-norway-2.jpg

500.jpg

Most of our hotels and guesthouses don't have such rooms where people pay to stay

knowledge88

Then you need to see Norwegian prisons. This is the prison where mass murderer Ander Breivik is serving his sentence

180306192959-prison-reform-norway-2.jpg

500.jpg

Most of our hotels and guesthouses don't have such rooms where people pay to stay
Oh My God! So funny .looks like a 4 star hotel.

Nain

MPA (400+ posts)
Politicians who are opposing capital punishment are trying to woo west, on which their politics depends.

knowledge88

Politicians who are opposing capital punishment are trying to woo west, on which their politics depends.
There is no politician in Pakistan who is against capital punishment. They are against public execution. If I am wrong then please correct me.

Nain

MPA (400+ posts)
There is no politician in Pakistan who is against capital punishment. They are against public execution. If I am wrong then please correct me.
PPP never executed anyone during their tenure of 2008 - 2013. They took out capital punishment from Zaineb Alert bill too. Similarly Fawad Ch. and Shireen Mazari are against death sentence in principle.

knowledge88

PPP never executed anyone during their tenure of 2008 - 2013. They took out capital punishment from Zaineb Alert bill too. Similarly Fawad Ch. and Shireen Mazari are against death sentence in principle.
give me a link where Fawad Ch. and Shireen Mazari said that they were against capital punishment. any newspaper link, youtue link will do. I guarantee you they never said they were against capital punishment.