Do we really need more provinces?

What do you want?

• Provinces as it is?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hello friends.. We have always heard, listened and seen people discussing more provinces should be made.. Most of the time on basis of language or ethnicity but some rational voices demanded new provinces because we have too big provinces which aren't easy to manage..
My question is this that why we need provinces at the first place? Why not central of federal government takes matter of defense, education, economy etc in it's hands and pass rest to powerful city governments. I believe we need strong local governments which can consume 50% or some percentage of tax they collect locally and rest goes to federation which allocates it to much needed and poorer areas. Why on Earth we need mpa which Wil legislate same laws again for each province? Let's leave it to federal government! This unnecessary extra layer of government has been very expensive but has no use actually. It's root cause of problems like Karachi is facing now and other cities may face..dissolve all provinces and Let cities run by government people choose domestically..

Last edited:

shabanhariuk

Voter (50+ posts)
Yes indeed it is very important to have more provinces regardless of languages or cultures, But base on current Situation and circumstances. Sindh is large and big province only Karachi has 2 crore population. imagen, PPP which hardly can manage their own cities like Larkana or Nawabshah how they can control and manage the whole province fairly. Same in the Punjab big province hundred of cities thousand of villages and 1 CM.? how can be on earth?? Look around the world small countries but have more provinces or divided into the regions then each region has its own administrator like a CM and managing way better than, by this division each region has competition with each other for the betterment. this is why more provinces: easy to manage and access everything, facilities available for everyone at the door. My suggestion to the "Government of Pakistan " Either establish new provinces accordingly or change the name of the provinces' which don't reflect the particular communities name. Sindh for Sindhi, even though Urdu speaking people is second largest, other languages too but represent only SINDHI?? Balochistan for Balouch? Pashto, Makrani, Hazara communities are living too what is this? Same in Punjab, Sirayki, Rajput, etc etc and Khairbar pakhtonkhaw?

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
This is the present scenario in Pakistan: At present we have four provinces and 132 districts in total. KP is divided into 7 divisions and 34 districts, Balochistan into 7 divisions and 33 districts, Punjab has 9 divisions and 36 districts, whereas Sindh has 7 divisions and 29 districts.

To answer your question..... dissolve all the provinces and then:
Federal government
All the 30 divisions should become Autonomous Administrative Units (Federating Units) with their assemblies.
All the 132 districts should become City governments.

Once done, there should be an agreed upon formula for the allocation of funds and resources.
Federal government should retain....
Foreign Service
Defense
Finance
Communications
Mint (printing of currency)
Rest should go to the administrative Units, and they should have a free hand to run their affairs in the best interest of Pakistan.

This is a blue print which comes to my mind.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Better is System should be followed in Following ways,

1. Senate with increased seats equally for all provinces and selection through elections only. Minimum qualification shall be Phd. Only to validate or reject Executive orders through discussion and committees. There shall be elections on Non-Party basis.

2. President through General Elections and shall be executive of the State and its resources.

3. Governor Generals for Provinces through General Elections and shall be reporting to President and President shall have the powers to replace them as and when needed.

4. Tehsil Administrator shall be elected through elections. Funding shall be prepared at the federal and budgeting shall be done for each Tehsil as per area, population and resources.

5. No need for union counsel, those are only nothing but a waste of money and resources with zero output. All towns, cities in one Tehsil shall be managed by Tehsil Administrator.

6. Governor roles shall be administrative only without any powers. Only Tehsils shall have the budget and powers.

7. President shall have the right or sole power and senate shall approve its laws.

8. Every time we selects criminals in each constituency and they worsen the system.

9. Accountability shall be done in parallel. No one shall find a chance to do corruption.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is the present scenario in Pakistan: At present we have four provinces and 132 districts in total. KP is divided into 7 divisions and 34 districts, Balochistan into 7 divisions and 33 districts, Punjab has 9 divisions and 36 districts, whereas Sindh has 7 divisions and 29 districts.

Federal government
All the 30 divisions should become Autonomous Administrative Units (Federating Units) with their assemblies.

Once done, there should be an agreed upon formula for the allocation of funds and resources.
Foreign Service
Defense
Finance
Communications
Rest should go to the administrative Units, and they should have a free hand to run their affairs in the best interest of Pakistan.

I think no need for separate assemblies. Only Governor or administrators through General Elections. Itny sary kutty billy palny ki kia zarorat hai................Do not mind wording.......Just pick the meaning..................

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I think no need for separate assemblies. Only Governor or administrators through General Elections. Itny sary kutty billy palny ki kia zarorat hai................Do not mind wording.......Just pick the meaning..................

My friend we have to give the proposed setup a so called full "democratic cover" as well. Otherwise it will be considered as a martial law. Elected governors.... yes, but you have to run the system thru the elected reps of the people. However, the governor should have unbridled powers... jo kuttoun ko tight patta daal ker rakhkhay.
I do understand your sentiments and you know what? I am all for it for at least 10 to 15 years or till the time things are put on a right course and in irreversible direction.
Yeh laatoun kay bhoot baatoun say nahien maniey gay.

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)

Federal government

Foreign Service
Defense
Finance
Communications

Thank you sir for putting it into perspective. I am thinking along same lines and instead of making new provinces we should think along these line.. It's more future proof then making new provinces, much better manageability with comparatively less resources used

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)

Yes I agree it should be administrative units not legislative assemblies. Legislation should only be Made by federal government, same applies across country

Last edited:

peaceandjustice

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
جب تک صوبوں کے نام قومیت کے نام پر زندہ رہیں گے یہ ملک کبھی آگے نہیں بڑھ سکتا ھمیں صوبوں کے ناموں کو ختم کر کے صرف وفاقی حکومت کے زیر انتظام اضلاع اور ابادی کی سطح پر فنڈز کو تقسیم کر کے صدارتی نظام کے تحت اضلاع کا ایڈمنسٹریٹر ز جو کہ عوامی نمائندے کے طور پر عوام کے ووٹوں سےسلیکٹ کروا اس سے کام لیا جائے تمام معاملات میں ھر اضلاع کا ایڈمنسٹریٹر جوابدہ ہوگا جس میں خاص کر پولیس بلدیہ، ترقیاتی منصوبوں پر کام پلاننگ۔ جبکہ وفاق تعلیم اسپتالوں کی سہولیات، عدالتی نظام کی دیکھ بھال کرے گی۔ اور ایسی طرح سے کیا کیا اختیارات کس کو الاٹ کئے جائیں تاکہ بہترین رزلٹس آسکیں۔ صوبوں کو تو لازمی طور پر ختم کیا جائے۔ تمام تعلیمی پالیسی وفاقی حکومت کے پاس ہو تاکہ عوام کو ایک قوم بنایا جاسکے

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)
جب تک صوبوں کے نام قومیت کے نام پر زندہ رہیں گے یہ ملک کبھی آگے نہیں بڑھ سکتا ھمیں صوبوں کے ناموں کو ختم کر کے صرف وفاقی حکومت کے زیر انتظام اضلاع اور ابادی کی سطح پر فنڈز کو تقسیم کر کے صدارتی نظام کے تحت اضلاع کا ایڈمنسٹریٹر ز جو کہ عوامی نمائندے کے طور پر عوام کے ووٹوں سےسلیکٹ کروا اس سے کام لیا جائے تمام معاملات میں ھر اضلاع کا ایڈمنسٹریٹر جوابدہ ہوگا جس میں خاص کر پولیس بلدیہ، ترقیاتی منصوبوں پر کام پلاننگ۔ جبکہ وفاق تعلیم اسپتالوں کی سہولیات، عدالتی نظام کی دیکھ بھال کرے گی۔ اور ایسی طرح سے کیا کیا اختیارات کس کو الاٹ کئے جائیں تاکہ بہترین رزلٹس آسکیں۔ صوبوں کو تو لازمی طور پر ختم کیا جائے۔ تمام تعلیمی پالیسی وفاقی حکومت کے پاس ہو تاکہ عوام کو ایک قوم بنایا جاسکے
جی بالکل جناب اسی جانب اشارہ کرنا چاہتا تھا، صوبے نہیں شہر جو صرف انتظامی طور پر خودمختاری رکھتے ہو مگر قانون دانی صرف مرکز کی ذمی داری ہو.