Do not abuse all Afghanis...

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
So what is necessary meddling? When your neighbor is being attacked by a superpower and the threat is to your existence also and the neighbor needs help should one meddle to save one's own existence or not?
One should know the facts before calling anything unnecessary.
Well, saving Pakistan from USSR was one narrative, developed at that time to rationalize the meddling of Pakistan in the Afghan war.

However, when someone makes a point, he has to be aware of the counter argument as well.

After the WWII and establishment of UN, it was not possible for any country to attack another and declare it its own piece of land after its military victory. Therefore, was there any substance in the claim that USSR wanted to reach Pakistani hot waters through military invasion?

Secondly, people who know the real history of Pakistan also know that during 1970's, USSR was having good relations with Pakistan. Our only Steel Mill was a gift from USSR. We established a barter trade system with USSR and much of our wheat was imported from USSR at that time.

Having such relations with Pakistan, USSR could easily go into a trade agreement with Pakistan to use its ports, just like China did. It is also our history that one of our political govts "Gifted" the Gawadar port to Sultan Qaboos in exchange of Surrey Palace.

Now to the point of our unnecessary meddling in their internal affairs: Ok, even if I take your point of Afghan Jihad to be about saving Pakistan, then what was our responsibility after the war was over?

The reality is that we kept supporting some groups within Afghanistan after the USSR retreat and called those groups our "strategic assets". Do you know that during the 10 year war with USSR, Kabul was still intact, but after USSR left, the whole city was ruined due to the more ferocious civil war that followed Russian withdrawal. More people died in that civil war. Now, if one says that Pakistan was not a party into that.... is something moronically forged without even an iota of sensible logic and knowledge.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
To kaunsa hum nay un say Hijrat ka mtalba ker deeya hai! ya vo hum ko muft koi cheez daitay hai? Every dollar they gave us is tied to a return benefit.
افغان سمجھتے ہیں پاکستان نے افغانستان میں روس کے خلاف اور امریکا کے ساتھ جنگ میں بہت ڈالر کھائے ہیں​

stargazer

افغان سمجھتے ہیں پاکستان نے افغانستان میں روس کے خلاف اور امریکا کے ساتھ جنگ میں بہت ڈالر کھائے ہیں​
Obviously, you are talking about few Afghans who have an axe to grind or money to make Just like a few who are anti-Pakistan.
Afghans should understand that not all Pakistanis are to be blamed IF they want Pakistanis not to blame all Afghans. If not the case then All Afghan refugees MUST go back to Afghanistan and live happily ever after. We are not here to serve their whims and false ideas. If they don't like our sacrifices then pack up, leave show some backbone.

stargazer

Well, saving Pakistan from USSR was one narrative, developed at that time to rationalize the meddling of Pakistan in the Afghan war.

However, when someone makes a point, he has to be aware of the counter argument as well.

After the WWII and establishment of UN, it was not possible for any country to attack another and declare it its own piece of land after its military victory. Therefore, was there any substance in the claim that USSR wanted to reach Pakistani hot waters through military invasion?

Secondly, people who know the real history of Pakistan also know that during 1970's, USSR was having good relations with Pakistan. Our only Steel Mill was a gift from USSR. We established a barter trade system with USSR and much of our wheat was imported from USSR at that time.

Having such relations with Pakistan, USSR could easily go into a trade agreement with Pakistan to use its ports, just like China did. It is also our history that one of our political govts "Gifted" the Gawadar port to Sultan Qaboos in exchange of Surrey Palace.

Now to the point of our unnecessary meddling in their internal affairs: Ok, even if I take your point of Afghan Jihad to be about saving Pakistan, then what was our responsibility after the war was over?

The reality is that we kept supporting some groups within Afghanistan after the USSR retreat and called those groups our "strategic assets". Do you know that during the 10 year war with USSR, Kabul was still intact, but after USSR left, the whole city was ruined due to the more ferocious civil war that followed Russian withdrawal. More people died in that civil war. Now, if one says that Pakistan was not a party into that.... is something moronically forged without even an iota of sensible logic and knowledge.
What nonsense! I guess you are paid by the letter.

Sohail Shuja

What nonsense! I guess you are paid by the letter.
I'll rather take it as a compliment that my content is so good that it appears like a premium content and not a halfwit dumb retreat of an iconic moron.

Off course, a lots of knowledge, pondering and effort goes into it.

It also implies that you do not have anything substantial to counter the argument. Though pitiful, but next time by employing some knowledge and understanding before you comment, you can avoid landing into such a miserable situation. Anyways, my condolences for you and wish you all the best for your future.