MPA (400+ posts)
1101207047-1.jpg

1101207047-2.gif

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

64% of Pakistanis repent on a daily basis: Survey

By PPI

hajj41-640x480.jpg

Recent survey conducted by Gallup Pakistan reveals how frequently Pakistanis seek forgiveness for their sins. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

Almost two thirds of all Pakistanis (64 per cent) stated that they seek forgiveness for their sins from the Creator everyday, 28 per cent sometimes and 7 per cent never. This was revealed by a recent survey conducted by Gilani Research Foundation, Gallup Pakistan, the affiliate of Gallup International.
In the survey, a nationally representative sample of 2,599 men and women from across the country were asked the following question: Some people are in a habit of seeking forgiveness for their sins everyday. How often would you say you do that? Sixty-four per cent claimed to often repent daily, 28 per cent sometimes and 7 per cent said never. 1 per cent gave no response.
The survey was conducted during November 2010 across all four provinces of the country. The findings of the survey revealed no significant difference in opinion of people from across various demographics.
The error margin is estimated to be approximately + 2-3 per cent at 95% confidence level.

اب اس سے زیادہ اور کتنا "استغفار" ہو ؟؟؟؟؟؟؟ اے میرے رب ، سب انسانوں کے گناہ معاف فرما اور سب کو ہدایت دیکر میرے پیارے نبیpbuh کا نام لیوا بنا دے. اور ہم پاکستانیوں کو استغفار کے ساتھ ساتھ اپنی اصلاح کی ہمت دے. آمین

Mughal1

Asal baat deen ki saheeh samajh ki koshish hai aur samajh kar us ki ishaat ki koshish hai.

ham logoon ne quran par ghoro fikar karna chhod diya hai jis ki waja se deen ki samajh se aari hen and ghalat salat baton ko deen samajh kar un par amal pera hen jis ka nateeja ham log bhogat rehe hen.

Ham ne deene mullah ko asal deen samalh liya hai jo keh baadshahon aur kumaraanu ka banaya hua deen hai. Unhi ke daur ke banaai hue qawaaneen ko shariat samajhte hen.

Asal deen woh hai to sirf aur sirf quran main mahfooz hai and us ke mutabiq ahadith main.

Jhooti rawaayaat aam ho gaee hen aur asal deen se logoon ki tawajo hat gaee hai aur hataa dee gaee hai.

Ham ko wapas quran ki taraf jaana ho ga warna halaat aise hi rehen ge balkeh ziyada kharaab hun ge.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50593-Javed-Ghamdi-Salman-Taseer-Asma-Jhangir-Khuda-ka-khof-karen-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

Last edited:

MTZ9211

I replied to Mr Orya on his email.. Here is a snippet from my email:

"Now I know of no tradition from any of the prophets including our own Mohammad (SAW) or the sahaba (R), where they prayed to Allah for victory over a sporting event. I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable on Islam will provide me with a better explanation as to why 18 Crore muslim's prayers didn't get answered on March 30th. Did it mean that out of those 18 crores, there wasn't a single soul that was pure enough to have his prayers answered? So it was with this curiosity that I began to look for answers in your today's column.

Unfortunately, it would appear that you too fell in to the trap of blaming the poor pakistani nation for their hypocracy in all sphere of their daily lives. While hypocracy may be the root of most evil, it does not explain why the team lost the game. A better explanation may be that Allah treats all human beings as equal and only sides with those when it truly comes to a battle between Haq and Batil. In all other cases, His rule is equal for all humanity, Hindu, muslims, Budhist, Christians, Athiest, black or white and that rule says that "whoever prepares the best and executes his plan on the day better shall be victorious. Is it any wonder why Australia remained champion for more than 8 years and almost all non-muslim nations seem to excell in all sphere of life because they understand this universal rule of God. So why bring religion in to sports and not concentrate on better preparation and smarter planning and execution?

zeshaan

Better preparation and smarter planning and execution

Who is responcible for all this ?
choor daku,official of the PCB, there is no trend to corect own faults in country like pakistan.

drkjke

64% of Pakistanis repent on a daily basis: Survey

By PPI

hajj41-640x480.jpg

Recent survey conducted by Gallup Pakistan reveals how frequently Pakistanis seek forgiveness for their sins. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

Almost two thirds of all Pakistanis (64 per cent) stated that they seek forgiveness for their sins from the Creator everyday, 28 per cent sometimes and 7 per cent never. This was revealed by a recent survey conducted by Gilani Research Foundation, Gallup Pakistan, the affiliate of Gallup International.
In the survey, a nationally representative sample of 2,599 men and women from across the country were asked the following question: Some people are in a habit of seeking forgiveness for their sins everyday. How often would you say you do that? Sixty-four per cent claimed to often repent daily, 28 per cent sometimes and 7 per cent said never. 1 per cent gave no response.
The survey was conducted during November 2010 across all four provinces of the country. The findings of the survey revealed no significant difference in opinion of people from across various demographics.
The error margin is estimated to be approximately + 2-3 per cent at 95% confidence level.

اب اس سے زیادہ اور کتنا "استغفار" ہو ؟؟؟؟؟؟؟ اے میرے رب ، سب انسانوں کے گناہ معاف فرما اور سب کو ہدایت دیکر میرے پیارے نبیpbuh کا نام لیوا بنا دے. اور ہم پاکستانیوں کو استغفار کے ساتھ ساتھ اپنی اصلاح کی ہمت دے. آمین

u believe in these pseudo surVEYS!
if pakistani did repent than corruption would end in pakistan and its army would stop aiding kufar in their war against islam,but everyday we observe that both these huge sins keep on increasing in magnitude in pakistan
so just wait for azaab now

drkjke

Asal baat deen ki saheeh samajh ki koshish hai aur samajh kar us ki ishaat ki koshish hai.

ham logoon ne quran par ghoro fikar karna chhod diya hai jis ki waja se deen ki samajh se aari hen and ghalat salat baton ko deen samajh kar un par amal pera hen jis ka nateeja ham log bhogat rehe hen.

Ham ne deene mullah ko asal deen samalh liya hai jo keh baadshahon aur kumaraanu ka banaya hua deen hai. Unhi ke daur ke banaai hue qawaaneen ko shariat samajhte hen.

Asal deen woh hai to sirf aur sirf quran main mahfooz hai and us ke mutabiq ahadith main.

Jhooti rawaayaat aam ho gaee hen aur asal deen se logoon ki tawajo hat gaee hai aur hataa dee gaee hai.

Ham ko wapas quran ki taraf jaana ho ga warna halaat aise hi rehen ge balkeh ziyada kharaab hun ge.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50593-Javed-Ghamdi-Salman-Taseer-Asma-Jhangir-Khuda-ka-khof-karen-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

all muslims except small minority agree that quran is allahs book and that two hadeeth comilation bukhaari and muslim are without any error
if muslims just start to follow these three or even if they start following just quran they would than be victorious around the world and no one will be able to defeat them
but shert is that dont hide those parts of quran that secular by name muslims dont like!like the parts where jihad is mentioned and where its ordered not to befriend kufar!
if you people just follow the parts of quran that "you like" and ignore the parts that "you dont like" than allah wont accept you as muslims.for being muslims you need to follow whole quran!without question.

whoever does not even believe that all quran is to be followed than by allahs name i say,that such person is a kaafir.
a lot of christians and jews etc are becoming muslims nowadays,and unlike by name muslims i am glad to see taht they follow all quran without question

drkjke

I replied to Mr Orya on his email.. Here is a snippet from my email:

"Now I know of no tradition from any of the prophets including our own Mohammad (SAW) or the sahaba (R), where they prayed to Allah for victory over a sporting event. I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable on Islam will provide me with a better explanation as to why 18 Crore muslim's prayers didn't get answered on March 30th. Did it mean that out of those 18 crores, there wasn't a single soul that was pure enough to have his prayers answered? So it was with this curiosity that I began to look for answers in your today's column.

Unfortunately, it would appear that you too fell in to the trap of blaming the poor pakistani nation for their hypocracy in all sphere of their daily lives. While hypocracy may be the root of most evil, it does not explain why the team lost the game. A better explanation may be that Allah treats all human beings as equal and only sides with those when it truly comes to a battle between Haq and Batil. In all other cases, His rule is equal for all humanity, Hindu, muslims, Budhist, Christians, Athiest, black or white and that rule says that "whoever prepares the best and executes his plan on the day better shall be victorious. Is it any wonder why Australia remained champion for more than 8 years and almost all non-muslim nations seem to excell in all sphere of life because they understand this universal rule of God. So why bring religion in to sports and not concentrate on better preparation and smarter planning and execution?

in 1992 pakistani team also was weak.maybe weaker than present team even
than too all nation prayed for it and it won by a miracle.strange miracle that on england pak match when pakistan was bowled out for 71 runs it rained and pakistan avoided defeat.and just by that one point pakistan qualified for semis.
at that time may be the gravest sin of aiding kufar in their war against islam was not added in pakistanis naama e amaal?or was it the honest leadership of imran khan who did not let most of his players to fix the match?but allah listened to prayers and pakistan won the worldcup .
one thing to see in present india pakistan fixtue was complete lack of emotions!!!!did you people observe players faces?they were so bland and without emotions,both indian and pakistani players!in past times when less matches were fixed than i remember how on edge these players remained and how much spontaneous joy they showed when someone got out or boundary was hit by them.....
in this match it seemed if u looked close on players faces that all players were devoid of emotions like they knew the result already.

saying all this i agree totally with oryas column.in last 10 years pakistani nation did some such sins that allah now does not even accept peoples prayers here,as for pious few people here in pakistan they were not busy in praying for a corrupt teams victory!they were immersed and busy in praying for victory of muslim ummah against kufar in near future ,and who knows this prayer may have been answered,,,though the fruits of that victory will not be shared by by name muslims.but those muslims will inherit the world who remained true to islam no matter how seculars oppressed them and those muslims who remained steadfast against kufar and gave sacrifices

samar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Abb bhoot utar gaya ho ga cricket ka qaum se.............sara drama kia gaya qaum ki tavajho hataney k liaey hipe create kia gaya raymond davis case se tavajho hataney k liaey.
agr vakaeii pakistan ki izzat chahtey ho to iski taraki k liaey kam karo.

amigos

Voter (50+ posts)
Sometimes, Allah keeps the prayers because He may have planned something better... Maybe there is victory in defeat. Maybe this defeat was good...

Allah knows best.

Plus, lets not forget that Allah does not help those who do not help themselves. Who plays good, wins. Like in an exam, you study, you get good grades, you don't study, you fail. Simple!

I think Orya Maqool is not right about linking astagfaar with a cricket match. Yes, we must all do astagfaar, but that could have been said without bringing cricket into it.