DG FIA Waseem Ahmed resigns

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
DG FIA Waseem Ahmed resigns
Published: April 6, 2011
waseem-ahmed-afp-128111-128458-131109-131674-640x480.jpg

The Director General (DG) for the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) sent his resignation to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani on Wednesday. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

Islamabad:
The Director General (DG) for the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) sent his resignation to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani on Wednesday.

The government has appointed IG Balochistan Malik Iqbal in his place.
In his resignation letter to Gilani , Waseem Ahmed has written that he has resigned as the director general of the Federal Investigation Agency in the larger national interest of the country.

The appointment of the DG FIA had recently been mired in controversy as the Supreme Court had instructed the federal government to terminate the contract of the incumbent director-general of the FIA. The government, however, had urged the apex court in response to keep Waseem Ahmed in office keeping in the view the current situation of the country.

Last month, the Supreme Court shot down all of the reasons given from the federation to keep the incumbent director general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) after the government had once again refused to revoke the contract of FIA chief Waseem Ahmed despite the Supreme Courts ruling that his reappointment is a violation of Section 14 of the Civil Servants Act of 1973. Waseem Ahmad was given an extension by the government on the grounds that it was important for him to preside over anti-corruption cases which had progressed to an advanced stage of investigation to maintain continuity. The chief justice had earlier ruled that the decision to retain the FIA chief was discriminatory considering the fact that the services of other police officers reemployed on contract had been terminated.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/144164/dg-fia-resigns/

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
FIA gets new boss

THE NEWS
DATED : 6/4/11

4-6-2011_13717_l.jpg

SLAMABAD: Inspector General Police Balochistan Malik Muhammad Iqbal has been appointed Director General of Federal Investigating Agency (FIA) after Waseem Ahmed resigned from the post, Geo News reported.

Earlier, Waseem Ahmad sent his resignation to the prime minister who was in London on a private visit.

Waseem Ahmed has come under severe criticism from the Supreme Court over his performance. In his resignation letter he said: "Some very unusual circumstances emerged between the two state situations, the SC was asking me to quit while the government was insisting to continue".

The resignation of Waseem Ahmed has been accepted and IGP Balochistan Malik Muhammad Iqbal has been notified new DG FIA.

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
is it me or you people too notice how allah is cursing the faces of top level people in this country?
i heard a hadeeth of a part of this ummah turning into monkeys and some of them having their faces distorted
my heart shivered when i saw above pictures
pleaseeeeeeeee pleaseee dont give close ups of our civil or army rulers.please.some ppl are faint of heart here who visit these forums