Contribute to IK corona relief now to grow as a human

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
Overseas Pakistanis are feeling quite a squeeze at the moment. Jobs are slashed, businesses getting closed, no-one knows how long the recession will continue and what will happen to their job if the trend continues. In short everyone is vulnerable to the core and people want to hold on to whatever liquidity they have. It is difficult to donate to a cause right at this moment. However I will donate some amount to corona relief fund for Pakistan. The reason is simple, real sacrifice can only be done when you are vulnerable. I have donated many times. It feels really good to contribute. This time, however, it is hurting and I am the kind of person who believes in keep going when it is hurting because that is the only path to growth.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Overseas Pakistanis are feeling quite a squeeze at the moment. Jobs are slashed, businesses getting closed, no-one knows how long the recession will continue and what will happen to their job if the trend continues. In short everyone is vulnerable to the core and people want to hold on to whatever liquidity they have. It is difficult to donate to a cause right at this moment. However I will donate some amount to corona relief fund for Pakistan. The reason is simple, real sacrifice can only be done when you are vulnerable. I have donated many times. It feels really good to contribute. This time, however, it is hurting and I am the kind of person who believes in keep going when it is hurting because that is the only path to growth.
Masha Allah. May Allah reward u for the the donation Amin. Alhamd u Lillah we did a small contribution as well and I believe "qatra qatra darya banta hay"

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
We knew every one is in trouble..But at the time of needs.. wealthy peoples should open thiers heart to donate from thiers money..While peoples who don't have sources to donate..no objecy on them..as Allah swt know everything.. Pakistan mein aisay log bhi Hain Jin k pass ina paisa ha ke in ki anay wali 10 nasalain Beth kar kha Sakti Hain..lekan wo bhi naap tool kar kheraat kartay hain..

immii

Senator (1k+ posts)
MASHALLAH. LONG LIVE IMRAN KHAN.

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I fully support donation to "PM Relief Fund for COVID-19’ .
As Khalil Gibran said in his famous book Prophet.
"There are those who give little of the much which they have--and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.
And there are those who have little and give it all.
These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty"

Give generously to the relief fund. We are not helping strangers but our own brothers and sisters.

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
PM of a country holding a nuclear bomb is asking for loan relief, and donations
Here is proof of what you are saying....

Reason

Minister (2k+ posts)
Here is proof of what you are saying....

India is your model of governance, not mine. You don't see PMs and Presidents doing live telethon like beggars.

Reason

Minister (2k+ posts)
That is exactly why nawaz sharid left the country default after taking 50 Billion dollars loan

Well, I am no fan of Nawaz Sharif but our GDP was at 6%, and now its barely even 2%. And btw, your response tells me that you don't really understand how economy works.

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
Well, I am no fan of Nawaz Sharif but our GDP was at 6%, and now its barely even 2%. And btw, your response tells me that you don't really understand how economy works.
I do not think ms. Reason that you know how economy works. GDP was high because we took loans to build roads that will not contribute to exports. As a result the current account deficit got 20 billion dollars per year, which is like 10% of GDP and the new government was actuall bankrupt. 20 Billion dollars yearly loss meant that the new government required 150 billion dollars extra (exports + remittances+ import reduction) in 5 years to service 50 billion debt retirement and equalize current accout loss of 100 billions in 5 years. Bankruptcy on top of that, consequently when the government squeezed imports to cover the loss, the gdp went low. The dollar rate also went high because it was artificially deflated. As a consequence your debt in rupees went up. do you understand

Reason

Minister (2k+ posts)
I do not think ms. Reason that you know how economy works. GDP was high because we took loans to build roads that will not contribute to exports. As a result the current account deficit got 20 billion dollars per year, which is like 10% of GDP and the new government was actuall bankrupt. 20 Billion dollars yearly loss meant that the new government required 150 billion dollars extra (exports + remittances+ import reduction) in 5 years to service 50 billion debt retirement and equalize current account loss of 100 billions in 5 years. Bankruptcy on top of that, consequently when the government squeezed imports to cover the loss, the gdp went low. The dollar rate also went high because it was artificially deflated. As a consequence your debt in rupees went up. do you understand

Again complete lack of understanding of how the economy works
GDP was high because government took loans. Yes, governments around the world borrow money, which Bongi Khan's selected government is also doing now at a record rate. This lie is always used to bring down civilian governments, and install either a military dictator or a puppet government.

Second point about current account deficit. Deficits go up when you reward friends and ATMs like Jehangir Tareen. This is a meaningless metric. People's lives got worst, job losses etc. So fuck outta here with your made your economic BS.

PTI's economic strategy is collect donations, beg for loan forgiveness, and beg expat Pakistanis for more donations.

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
GDP was high because government took loans. Yes, governments around the world borrow money, which Bongi Khan's selected government is also doing now at a record rate. This lie is always used to bring down civilian governments, and install either a military dictator or a puppet government.

Second point about current account deficit. Deficits go up when you reward friends and ATMs like Jehangir Tareen. This is a meaningless metric. People's lives got worst, job losses etc. So fuck outta here with your made your economic BS.

PTI's economic strategy is collect donations, beg for loan forgiveness, and beg expat Pakistanis for more donations.

I understood how much you understand economy, I am a PhD in stats with good economics background. Do not tell anyone, you know economy :)

You do not know even simple maths. Current account deficit , artificial dollar value inflation or deflation, all the rest are serious matters. Please read what atif mian is saying on this. He is better educated than us both. Your knowledge is really superficial. I beg you, vote nawaz sharif but do not rape economic concepts for that.

Even shahid khaqan abbasi said in an interview that if Imran khan corrects economy then I will appreciate, admitting that the economy was bad. And were it not bad, N league government would not depreciate dollar 14% in their last 6 months, than the caretaker government continued the process

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)

I do not know your age, may be you are young. To keep it short, I do not agree with collecting donations and so on. Begging loans coming from a nawaz sharif supporter is a slap on the name of the reason. If Pakistan gets a loan of 100 billion dollars, starts making roads from that (keeping some amount as commission) , Pakistan will import a lot of stuff , there will be construction and people will get jobs and GDP will increase but ultimately since these projects are not contributing to export or other revenue generation stream, therefore at the end you will be left with loans. On top of that if I subsidize import by keeping dollar-rupee parity in favor of rupee than there will be a lot of import and the country will become a trading country rather than a production country. You can continue this life style , essentially living on borrowed money, for sometime but not forever. This will hit hard. But it suited Nawaz sharif because he was only thinking of getting votes.

FishBurger

MPA (400+ posts)
India is your model of governance, not mine. You don't see PMs and Presidents doing live telethon like beggars.

Khan is a class of his own. He doesnot follow the PM(s) and Presidents.
Some people have pain in every move. I hope they GROW UP