contra: Fearing Taliban, Pak Hindus seek refuge in India

contra

Senator (1k+ posts)
sher khan bhai,
Dalits are people who were/are mistreated due to the cast system.
Being called a Dalit doesn't mean she is still a Hindu.

As i told you if Dalits convert to Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, they are entitled to benefits etc. provided by the government.

The parks and other memorials she is building has the statue of Buddha, not any Hindu deity.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
contra said:
sher khan bhai,
Dalits are people who were/are mistreated due to the cast system.
Being called a Dalit doesn't mean she is still a Hindu.

As i told you if Dalits convert to Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, they are entitled to benefits etc. provided by the government.

The parks and other memorials she is building has the statue of Buddha, not any Hindu deity.

Actually I did some research on the Dalits after your response. You are right. I was surprised that Dalits belong to many religions of India, including Hinduism. Specially, I was very surpirsed to discover that almost 90% of Indian Buddhist are Dalits. My heart bleeds for these people.

Havng said that Mayawati's party represents dalits of all religions, including the buddhists. She could be building statues of Budha to attract buddhists. Apparently, she is also building her own statues a lot. Does this mean that she considers herself a God? Furthermore, buddhism requires one to maintain a low profile. If she is a buddhist, why is she allowing her statues to be built?

In summary, I have shown you the article stating that she has decided not to convert to buddhism. You show me an article that she has converted. You know politicians. They never let go a photo opportunity.