Child allowence: Suggestion for govt. to tackle poverty

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)
I have a suggestion for PTI govt. They should adapt child allowence model from Germany and plan monthly allowence per child in a family to give relief to the poor and overcome child labor. In Germany you get around 200 euro per month per child. Ofcourse Pakistan is not as rich and has different circumatances. What can be done in Pak for example is as follow:

- Allow e.g PKR 2-3000 per child upto the age of 18
- Set upper limit of 3 childs per family in the beginning and after a year 2 childs to encourage population control
- Only allow money after the age of 5 if the child is going to the school (parents to provide a proof or a valid reason otherwise)

There can be more conditions added to make it dynamic based on family's income. Ofcourse I am well aware that this needs larger tax collection and constantly rising economy to be able to achieve this. To be honesti i think with better economy condition this should ideally be around Pkr 5000. This can be a really good step towards making Pakistan a social welfare state.

What do you guys think. Also how can the suggestion be forwarded to govt officials. Is there an official suggestion collection portal?

P.S: I mentioned Germany as an example knowing other countries also have similar systems. The focus should be on learning from such systems to benefit our own country.

Last edited:

kayawish

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have a suggestion for PTI govt. They should adapt child allowence model from Germany and plan monthly allowence per child in a family to give relief to the poor and overcome child labor. In Germany you get around 200 euro per month per child. Ofcourse Pakistan is not as rich and has different circumatances. What can be done in Pak for example is as follow:

- Allow e.g PKR 2-3000 per child upto the age of 18
- Set upper limit of 3 childs per family in the beginning and after a year 2 childs to encourage population control
- Only allow money after the age of 5 if the child is going to the school (parents to provide a proof or a valid reason otherwise)

There can be more conditions added to make it dynamic based on family's income. Ofcourse I am well aware that this needs larger tax collection and constantly rising economy to be able to achieve this. To be honesti i think with better economy condition this should ideally be around Pkr 5000. This can be a really good step towards making Pakistan a social welfare state.

What do you guys think. Also how can the suggestion be forwarded to govt officials. Is there an official suggestion collection portal?
why Germany model? why not Denmark or Norway model ? there you get more child allowense then Germany :D

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)
why Germany model? why not Denmark or Norway model ? there you get more child allowense then Germany :D
Well first of all you are wrong about Denmark and Norway allowing more after doing a lil research, secondly if you read my post with an open mind and eyes then you would realize i used Germany just as an example and having lived there I know more about their system than other countries. I have no issues if there is a better system we xan learn and adapt from why not.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Let's call it "Child Tax Credit" and pay it annually to those who file their tax returns and limit their kids to 2.

Anyone who chose more than 2 babies should be charged annual tax on each kid.

Vitamin_C

It might not work in Pakistan... Situation and conditions in Highly advanced European countries is different, their literacy rates are much higher and fewer students are out of schools. Also the poverty rate in Germany is significantly lower than in Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to copy models from countries that were in a similar position as Pakistan and then grew fast out of poverty. Such as China, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam etc.

One of the best way to reduce poverty is women's rights and women's empowerment and increase woman's participation in economy, you will double Pakistan's GDP. Woman are a huge untapped resource in Pakistan that are not being utilized.

There is a saying that if you educate a man then you educate one person. But if you educate a woman, you educate an entire generation.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
It might not work in Pakistan... Situation and conditions in Highly advanced European countries is different, their literacy rates are much higher and fewer students are out of schools. Also the poverty rate in Germany is significantly lower than in Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to copy models from countries that were in a similar position as Pakistan and then grew fast out of poverty. Such as China, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam etc.

One of the best way to reduce poverty is women's rights and women's empowerment and increase woman's participation in economy, you will double Pakistan's GDP. Woman are a huge untapped resource in Pakistan that are not being utilized.

There is a saying that if you educate a man then you educate one person. But if you educate a woman, you educate an entire generation.

Oh, we tried this woman empowerment crap and it created much bigger social and family problems. What we need is to improve our economy and control corruption and money laundering out of Pakistan.

BTW, sometimes you make such stupid comments. On one hand you say we don't need to follow Germany and on other hand you want to impose this western model of woman empowerment on us.

Sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

Vitamin_C

Germany is a developed country no matter what metric you look at, be it women's empowerment or literacy, Germany will be better at it, it does not mean you are following Germany.

I am saying this because it is used in countries with extreme poverty such as African countries. Even Africa today is getting ahead of Pakistan. Not only is it helping with poverty but also helping control fertility rates.
http://blogs.worldbank.org/nasikiliza/how-empowering-women-can-help-end-poverty-africa

Don't joke that Pakistan tried women's empowerment, Pakistan is probably the worst country in the world for a girl to be born. Out of 149 countries in the Gender Gap Report, Pakistan's rank was 148 so dont bullshit me.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1452284

“We’re the first generation of people who do really know what the cure for poverty is. It eluded people for a long, long time. The cure for poverty has a name, in fact. It’s called the empowerment of women.” - Christopher Hitchens

Oh, we tried this woman empowerment crap and it created much bigger social and family problems. What we need is to improve our economy and control corruption and money laundering out of Pakistan.

BTW, sometimes you make such stupid comments. On one hand you say we don't need to follow Germany and on other hand you want to impose this western model of woman empowerment on us.

Sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

Last edited:

kayawish

Well first of all you are wrong about Denmark and Norway allowing more after doing a lil research, secondly if you read my post with an open mind and eyes then you would realize i used Germany just as an example and having lived there I know more about their system than other countries. I have no issues if there is a better system we xan learn and adapt from why not.
i dont need any research because i am living in Germany , and Luxembourg gives more then any other EU country.

shahidsaqi

Senator (1k+ posts)
every person/family must be allowed to earn, doesn't matter what his age is. Forceful labor should be banned only

digitalzygot1

Minister (2k+ posts)
We need to enrol large population of our kids into the system, encourage people to pay taxes. I love the idea. Give incentives to parents such as kids will get free medical (inclu. Free mandatory vaccinations), dental care and education under 18 provided parents show their annual tax returns and give them childcare subsidues like 2 to 3k/child/month. This way people won't slip the system and hundreds of thousands will enter the tax net. Another very important recommendation woyld be for every govt and private job make drug, criminal checks and working with kids safe checks mandatory, that should include all sitting current govt and private employee. I can assure you thousands of vacancies would open it as many criminal elements are working in both sectors and it would open up thousands of jobs for clean young unemployed grads.

digitalzygot1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Also get rid of stupid age requirements in different govt jobs. People with exp. are gold, their exp should be utilised. Aa far as they meey educational health medical and exp. criteria, there should not be an issue.

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
every person/family must be allowed to earn, doesn't matter what his age is. Forceful labor should be banned only

child labour IS forceful labour born out of poverty. No child wants to slave away in a factory with unsafe conditions or as house help where he or she gets to eat last.

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Let's call it "Child Tax Credit" and pay it annually to those who file their tax returns and limit their kids to 2.

Children are not a commodity whose mere existence should be taxed!

shahidsaqi

Senator (1k+ posts)
child labour IS forceful labour born out of poverty. No child wants to slave away in a factory with unsafe conditions or as house help where he or she gets to eat last.
poor families earns like this. its family decision to go for child labor or not. Government must not enter into family matters

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)

This wont help the purpose bro, in long run you have to bring everyone in the tax net but at the moment almost all poor people are non tax filers.

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)

I agree with you but this is a tine taking process where I think govt. already has some ideas. What I suggested is a relief package which would help poor population and can be initiated independent from the rest of the initiatives like you suggested above.

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)
poor families earns like this. its family decision to go for child labor or not. Government must not enter into family matters
Yeah but how much do these poor families earn from child labor, I am sorry but all the kids should be in school if we have to progress as a country and uplift our living standards. And such allowence will negate the need and excuse for the child labor and make sure that parents send their kids to school.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
This wont help the purpose bro, in long run you have to bring everyone in the tax net but at the moment almost all poor people are non tax filers.

Because government don't give shit to poor people. Start incentivising them and start collecting from rich. So someday may be they will come out of poverty and start paying too.

BTW, this child tax credit system is successfully running in US.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Children are not a commodity whose mere existence should be taxed!

If you are man enough to bring them to this world, you should be man enough to pay for the burden they will put on our country's resources.

China successfully banned it and we should do it too.