Centuries-old tradition "Gagh" still haunts Pashtun women of today

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Why every bad thing has its roots in waziristan whether it be terrorism, ptm or this ghagg tradition

Well you can not label Waziristan this way becase there are many "bad things" in almost every part of the country.... Reason is ignorance and no exposure to world.

imalam

MPA (400+ posts)
Horrible traditions in Pashtun Culture. As a Pashtun I am totally against it. Swara and this Ghag is horrible tradition. I haven't personally seen this in my life but I have heard that it is possible. We Pashtun really need to eradicate these horrible crimes against woman. Woman is a Mother(moor) Khor (Sister) Daugther (Loor) and believe these characters love you more then any one in the world unconditionally.

Steyn

Why every bad thing has its roots in waziristan whether it be terrorism, ptm or this ghagg tradition

You can blame the cunt Punjabi generals who sold themselves like whores to America and created terrorism in Pathan Waziristan. These randi generals then called them Mujahideens which now are known as terrorists.

Steyn

This ghag is not as bad as the video shows.

Mostly it is done by family members (cousins) and that's bullshit that no other person then sends wedding requests.

Usually it is done because there are lovers for one girl and the brave guy says try to take her away from me if you can.

The video tries to show it as something terrible with that ominous music but that's not true because some ignorant cunt made it.

Even if someone does this, it doesn't mean the family will marry the girl off to that guy.

Fucking bullshit portraying Pathans culture as bad. What about Karokari you Punjabi fucks do? Where little kids are married off to 90 years olds which is Unislamic, inhumane

I am proud of my Pashtun culture including this ghag culture. Sta p mor khor wachem che mung k kharabe rabasi. Akhpal zan lag ogure

Sohail Shuja

There are some inaccuracies in this account of the tradition of "ghag". It is not that if the person making a "ghug" refuses to marry the girl, she will not be married to anyone else. It is not the rule of the game, but it happens in some contexts as in Pashtun culture, if a guy makes a "ghug" outside the home of a girl, the people usually think that the girl might have been showing this guy the green lights. So, the locals believe that the girl is already involved and that is why they don't send any marriage proposal to the girl's home.

I know a man who did a ghug outside a girl's home and he was shot down by the girl's father, because these two families (interrelated) had disputes over land and their big fort like mansion (Qalay). Unfortunately, the man died at the spot by having three bullets in his chest and two in arm.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Horrible traditions in Pashtun Culture. As a Pashtun I am totally against it. Swara and this Ghag is horrible tradition. I haven't personally seen this in my life but I have heard that it is possible. We Pashtun really need to eradicate these horrible crimes against woman. Woman is a Mother(moor) Khor (Sister) Daugther (Loor) and believe these characters love you more then any one in the world unconditionally.
Education is the key!