Can someone tell me what was the total vote count in karachi for mqm in 2008 general elections?

Eternity

Citizen
Khurram Dear:
I can understand the motive of your thread. You want to prove that MQM is not popular in that extent what is being portrayed by MQMers. Right?

First of all I have figured out that you and Yahya are struggling with the numbers. To remove this confusion, I have got the data for 2008 election results from Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) web site. ECP is the most authentic and official source for the numbers of elections results. All the political parties and the people of Pakistan accepted their numbers and based on those figures the current govt. was formed. In our discussion there shouldnt be any issue regarding ECP results. Fair enough?

Now look at the following source where I got the data from.

sources:http://www2.ecp.gov.pk/vsite/ElectionResult/AllResults.aspx?assemblyid=NA

According to that in Karachis 20 NA seats MQM received around 23 lakhs votes. I did not include any Hyderabad seat results here. This is only of Karachi because you asked for it.

Now your argument is that out of 1.8 crore population, if MQM gets only appr. 23 lakhs votes then how come they can claim they are the most popular party in the city?

Answer to that, please consider the following:

1- You have provided me that the population of Karachi is 1.8 cror. I accept it. Now come to the point. This is the fact that about 20% of the population has no right to vote in Karachi. This 20% may be voters of another city, visitors, illegal immigrants etc.etc. We have to subtract this 20% from 1.8 crore , then we get the number about 1 crore 40 lakhs. So it is established now that the population of Karachi is 1.4 crore for election purposes.

2- In all over Pakistan the 40% population is under the age of 16 years and they can not vote. So does in Karachi. If we subtract this 40% out of 1.4 crore, the number would be 84 lakhs. Now we come up with the voting population of Karachi is 84 lakhs.

3- According to ECP, the total voters turn out in Sindh was 44%. If we apply this number on Karachi also then out of 84 lakhs only 37 lakhs voters casted their votes in Karachi.

4- Now come to MQM votes. Out of these 37 lakhs, MQM received 23 lakhs that is 62% of the total cast votes.

5- Did any other party receive votes more than 62% in Karachi? No. So MQM is the most popular party in Karachi, it is proven now.
6-Out of 20 NA seats, MQM won 17 seats (85%), this is another proof of MQM's popularity.

Please note, these are all facts and I did not distort any number. It is all available in ECP, and govt. of Pakistan web sites. They are doing all the planning based on these data. If these data is not accurate then nothing is accurate in Pakistan and MQM is not responsible for that. Please consult to ECP in this regard, until then we have to take their numbers authentic.

Any other concern? Please ask, I will try my best to satisfy your disturbed soul. LOL.
Thanks
God Bless you.

Most of your assumptions are fair but your can't apply Sindh Avegage Vote Casting percentage on Karachi. In Karachi, there is one contiuency where MQM got more than registered votes in that votes, I wonder how.

Well there is evidence available on YouTube, how but lets not link that here as every party given an opportunity will do that, MQM just had more opportunity during Musharraf regime.

MQM claims that hundred percent of its supporters go out and vote, lets make that 90 percent and now you apply that percentage on your vote bank (2.3m x 10 / 9) - about two and a half million votes out of total 8.4 million eligible voters - that is less than one third of the eligible voter to MQM vote bank ratio.

Yahya has mentioned above that 51 percent is winner but that is in a two way race, here 15 horses are competing and someone with 20 percent vote can win, but can he then claim that I OWN THE CITY.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
The actual vote bank with reference to the population of Karachi is 25%, the subtractions are very statistical but if you are interested to know how many people follow mqm then you should count the total polpulation because whoever wins has to /should represent the total population.

1-If this is the case then add the people under 16 years of age to MQM votes. Every child in the house hold will go towards the way where his parents go. So MQM's supporting numbers will increase even more.

2- Counting the total population will give the same ratio if you do the competitive analysis with the other parties votes. You do the math, I will wait for the results.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
you are asking for the votes casted freely or on gun point?
freely.........25000
on gun point...2475000

Ok, that's the point I was waiting for. I have a very interesting answer for you, if you like numbers. Let's see:

According to ECP, MQM got about 23 lakhs vote.

If I agree with you on the gun point allegation, then let's figure it out how that's gonna work?

But prior to that, I know, your next argument will be on bogus votes, thappa votes etc.etc. So , to make you happy I would say 30% bogus votes were casted. So subtract 30% from 23 lakhs that becomes equal to appr 15 lakhs.

How many people can be controlled by one gunman on gun point? let's say maximum 5.

Now, if we devide 15 lakhs by 5 it becomes 3 lakhs gunman.

So it comes out that MQM has 3 lakhs gunmen. How about those workers who are not gunmen? They should be double in numbers at least.
So what is the total now 3+6 = 9 lakh workers.

MQM has 9 lakh workers. Is this an small number for a popular party? please use your wisdom and decide.

I have subtracted all the maximum possible bogus votes and I have assumed the argument is right that MQM uses guns to get the votes.
Still they have 9 lakh workers.
If I am wrong in my calculations, please notify me.

Eternity

Citizen
1-If this is the case then add the people under 16 years of age to MQM votes. Every child in the house hold will go towards the way where his parents go. So MQM's supporting numbers will increase even more.

2- Counting the total population will give the same ratio if you do the competitive analysis with the other parties votes. You do the math, I will wait for the results.

You must look into your own assumption firs before seeking reply from others, as in my post above.

Eternity

Citizen
Ok, that's the point I was waiting for. I have a very interesting answer for you, if you like numbers. Let's see:

According to ECP, MQM got about 23 lakhs vote.

If I agree with you on the gun point allegation, then let's figure it out how that's gonna work?

But prior to that, I know, your next argument will be on bogus votes, thappa votes etc.etc. So , to make you happy I would say 30% bogus votes were casted. So subtract 30% from 23 lakhs that becomes equal to appr 15 lakhs.

How many people can be controlled by one gunman on gun point? let's say maximum 5.

Now, if we devide 15 lakhs by 5 it becomes 3 lakhs gunman.

So it comes out that MQM has 3 lakhs gunmen. How about those workers who are not gunmen? They should be double in numbers at least.
So what is the total now 3+6 = 9 lakh workers.

MQM has 9 lakh workers. Is this an small number for a popular party? please use your wisdom and decide.

I have subtracted all the maximum possible bogus votes and I have assumed the argument is right that MQM uses guns to get the votes.
Still they have 9 lakh workers.
If I am wrong in my calculations, please notify me.

what a logical man you are
one gunman controlling 5 unarmed people?
is that the reason you want more guns in Karachi?

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
what a logical man you are
one gunman controlling 5 unarmed people?
is that the reason you want more guns in Karachi?

I am not doing any logic. I am making the hypothesis just to reply the allegation. Otherwise, I know MQM never use guns to get the votes. people go by themselves to vote MQM. No obligation on them.

Eternity

Citizen
You are wrong, I calculated 84 lakh eligible votes in Karachi. You saying 8.4 millions, I never say that. Please check back my post and make corections in your calculations accordingly.

God, can someone explain me the difference between 84 Lakh and 8.4 million.
The maths I have studied One Million = 1,000,000-
So 8.4 million will be 84 Lakh.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Most of your assumptions are fair but your can't apply Sindh Avegage Vote Casting percentage on Karachi. In Karachi, there is one contiuency where MQM got more than registered votes in that votes, I wonder how.

Well there is evidence available on YouTube, how but lets not link that here as every party given an opportunity will do that, MQM just had more opportunity during Musharraf regime.

MQM claims that hundred percent of its supporters go out and vote, lets make that 90 percent and now you apply that percentage on your vote bank (2.3m x 10 / 9) - about two and a half million votes out of total 8.4 million eligible voters - that is less than one third of the eligible voter to MQM vote bank ratio.

Yahya has mentioned above that 51 percent is winner but that is in a two way race, here 15 horses are competing and someone with 20 percent vote can win, but can he then claim that I OWN THE CITY.
MQM never claims their 100% voters go for vote.
Turn out in Karachi is same as the whole country, why should we keep seperate karachi from rest of the country. No where in the world the voters turn out is 100%. So does in Karachi.
May be you are confused with MQM's claim of their 85% representation of the city. This is true in the sense that they have 17 NA seats out of 20 and that is 85%.
We own the city as you do, what's wrong in it?

Eternity

Citizen
MQM never claims their 100% voters go for vote.
Turn out in Karachi is same as the whole country, why should we keep seperate karachi from rest of the country. No where in the world the voters turn out is 100%. So does in Karachi.
May be you are confused with MQM's claim of their 85% representation of the city. This is true in the sense that they have 17 NA seats out of 20 and that is 85%.
We own the city as you do, what's wrong in it?

Read my calculation above
You have just exposed yourself with calculation business
Next I will expose you of the logic used for calculations

Confirm you are wrong above.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is wrong you should not delete your post
Let people read and judge how good a mathematician and logical person you are.
Why are you becoming so personal, i said it was my mistake and mistakes happen, not a big deal as long as you correct your mistake.
No need to expose me, I never claim myself any scholar or whatever.
Its better you keep yourself within the domain of the topic.
Look like you come back again with a new ID.

mehwish_ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This is wrong you should not delete your post
Let people read and judge how good a mathematician and logical person you are.

Eternity, I just asked you people a simple question in my last post, why don't you bring the Number of Votes of ANP, PPP and Jamat-e-Islami? I believe they got not even 5 lack votes in whole Karachi. Does it mean there are not even 5 lack Pathans and Sindhies in Karachi? You could see how wrong are you when start counting Muttahida's supporters on bases of votes casted.

We will talk with you when once you have brought the figures of other parties too, and not only MQM, otherwise you will keep on playing with voters numbers of MQM and start coming up with silly arguments which are totally against the ground realities.

Eternity

Citizen
Eternity, I just asked you people a simple question in my last post, why don't you bring the Number of Votes of ANP, PPP and Jamat-e-Islami? I believe they got not even 5 lack votes in whole Karachi. Does it mean there are not even 5 lack Pathans and Sindhies in Karachi? You could see how wrong are you when start counting Muttahida's supporters on bases of votes casted.

We will talk with you when once you have brought the figures of other parties too, and not only MQM, otherwise you will keep on playing with voters numbers of MQM and start coming up with silly arguments which are totally against the ground realities.

If their supporters are not happy to participate in discussion on this forum
Does that mean we have no right to discuss
MQM supporters responded hence the debate going on.

Be be way, who is WE, Are you from Nawab family or you are collectively reresenting MQM.

Eternity

Citizen
Why are you becoming so personal, i said it was my mistake and mistakes happen, not a big deal as long as you correct your mistake.
No need to expose me, I never claim myself any scholar or whatever.
Its better you keep yourself within the domain of the topic.
Look like you come back again with a new ID.

If someone asks you a question, why do you get so hype all the time.
Do I care what it look likes to you.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
You need to see a Psychiarist very urgently.
I know your cheap tactic, when you have nothing to argue in the post, you mess around so that other people don't read the valuable contents in the thread.
Now you did a mistake, what is the spelling of "psychatrist" by the way? You wrote Psychiarist instead. So, should I tell, I have exposed you in your oxford English?
No, I will not, as I know mistakes happen.