Can New Province be formed without the approval from punjab Assembly?

AEngineer

Councller (250+ posts)
I think they will need Ch. Nisar to make a forward block in Pmln, to make PTI govt. in punjab, and to get the required majority for legislation,,

AEngineer

Councller (250+ posts)
After elections arrest Shehbaz in model town case and then patwarii will be like headless chicken , you can eat them !!! ;):D

2hopeful

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I do not know the technical aspects of the fact that a few years ago Punjab Assembly has already passed resolutions for South Punjab & Bahawalpur province. Wonder if they still stand.

Ali-NZ

Minister (2k+ posts)
All divisions of Pakistan should be given the status of provinces and all districts the status of divisions. This can be achieved by a 2/3 majority legislation by voting in National assembly and senate.

Faheem Imtiaz

MPA (400+ posts)
I dont think PMLN even will be against any such resolution. If they will look like rejecting such issue they may loose south punjab permanently. WIthout South Punjab PMLN can never win elections as they have zero presence other than punjab. So for me if resolution comes even PMLN will support it or they will bargain, which can be negotiated

Shahid Abassi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Your question is invalid. PTI did not promise to make a new province in South Punjab, they only promised to make a separate administrative unit like Gilgat-Biltastan.

arafay

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
if pmln votes against south punjab province they can kiss good bye to all provincial and national assembly seats (around 50) from south punjab.