Can anyone tell good places to eat and visit in Lahore?

What are the good places, which should be visited in Lahore. This is for the first time in my life that I am visiting Lahore city on an official tour. Someone from Lahore can guide me about the landmarks, restaurants, shopping spots etc.

If I can get guidance from anyone of you that what shall I buy as a gift for my fiance back in Karachi, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your valuable time and sincere suggestions.

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Once upon a time when Musharraf was president of Pakistan there was a food street in Lahour . LOL
As Nawaz Sharre and his team came in power in PUNJAB they destroyed that FOOD STREET .
You can go direct to RAIWIND . They may give you some good food from his big kitchen ..... LOL

GeoG

What are the good places, which should be visited in Lahore. This is for the first time in my life that I am visiting Lahore city on an official tour. Someone from Lahore can guide me about the landmarks, restaurants, shopping spots etc.

If I can get guidance from anyone of you that what shall I buy as a gift for my fiance back in Karachi, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your valuable time and sincere suggestions.

Admin of this site arranges for personalized tours for new visitors for major cities
please get in touch with [MENTION=10205]Waseem[/MENTION] for a competitive package price including accommodation, food and sight seeing

But reading your last sentence, I am not so sure....

GeoG

Once upon a time when Musharraf was president of Pakistan there was a food street in Lahour . LOL
As Nawaz Sharre and his team came in power in PUNJAB they destroyed that FOOD STREET .
You can go direct to RAIWIND . They may give you some good food from his big kitchen ..... LOL

Lahoriyon Ko Food Street Ki Itni Takleef Nahi Jitni Tumhain Hai
Tumhara Kiya Safai Ka Thaika Khatam Ho Gaya Hai...

shkashif

Voter (50+ posts)
Depends what do you wanna eat but here are the few places you shouldn't miss at all:

1) Phaja Paya
2) Halwa Puri at Gawal Mandi
3) Muhammadi Nihari
3) Tobaa Resturant's Murgh Chana at Laxmi Chowk
5) Chamman Ice Cream at Beadon Road
6) Bhaya Kabab in D- Block Model Town
7) Zakir Tikka in Cantt
8) Benazir Qulfa (Several locations)
9) BBQ at Diera Resturant at Gaddafi Stadium
10) Gola Gappe at Regal Chowk
11) Fried Fish (w/ basen) from Bashir Dar-ul-Mahi
12) Fried Fish (Tawa) from Sadeeq at Garhi Shahu
13) Hareesa from opposite of Dyal Singh College
14) Blue Cheese Steak from Cafe Zouk in Gulberg
15) Salt 'n Pepper
16) Rabri wala milk & Falooda from Riaz Falooda in Old Anar ****
17) Village Restaurant

There are thousands of other places you can go eat food because its all about food in Lahore. You can have a feast from 20RS to 2000RS, so just enjoy. By the way for shopping its better to spend little extra money but go to Y-Block DHA or Liberty Market.

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)

Once upon a time when Musharraf Murdood was president of Pakistan ,Musharaf Murdood opened a prostitute street in Lahore in the name of food street .Thanks to Nawaz Shareef As Nawaz Shareef and his team came in power in PUNJAB they destroyed that Prostitute street (so called FOOD STREET) .

Spartacus

Once upon a time when Musharraf Murdood was president of Pakistan ,Musharaf Murdood opened a prostitute street in Lahore in the name of food street .Thanks to Nawaz Shareef As Nawaz Shareef and his team came in power in PUNJAB they destroyed that Prostitute street (so called FOOD STREET) .

Jub Nawaz Shareef Ka Baap Bhi Peeda Nahee Hua Tha Tuub Say Lahore Main prostitute street Moojood Hay .....
Aoor Us Ka Naam Hay Heeera Mundy ......

GeoG

Tabaq in gawal mandi

Oh Bhai Gawal Mandi Ya Lakshami Chowk?
Tabaq has a branch in Gulberg as well near Doongi Ground on MM Alam Road

But for continental, Salt & Pepper in Liberty Corner is a better choice, try their Stakes, yummy
Ziyafat is good too but please make a booking with a doctor on your way back if you are invited in Havaili on MM Alam Road

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
......................................................................................................................................................If I can get guidance from anyone of you that what shall I buy as a gift for my fiance back in Karachi, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your valuable time and sincere suggestions.

The best gift U can buy for your fiancee in Karachi is a "Bullet Proof Jacket".

یار زندہ صحبت باقی

Last edited:

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
lahore ki her street feeod street hai [MENTION=6534]Spartacus[/MENTION] bhai ... i spoke to alot of friends in lahore about food street ahi they said it was right decision to finish/remove this from where it was because of traffic jams .. when they constructed food street the plan was to make some new roads to eliminate traffic jams but after MUSHI came into power all projects scrapped and now PUNJAB GOVT dont have lot of money for new roads in this area ... and lot of pressure from other big RESTAURANTS in LAHORE to remove this street and i think thats the main reason ...

if you are in lahore go to FORTRESS STADIM , BUNDU KHAN ,ANARKALI ,LIBERTY , VILLAGE RESTAURAT , SALT and PEPPER , EX-KALIMA CHOWK (MINI GOLF COURSE) , PANORAMA near ANARKALI / NEELA GUMBAD ... NEW ANARKALI , LAKSHAMI for BUTT or BHATTI karahi , DIAMOND MARKET for FAZL-e-KAQ PAYYE (PHAJJEY k PAYYE) , LAHORE FORT, MINAR-E-PAKISTAN, WAHGA BORDER , ETC

fido82

Senator (1k+ posts)

Hahahahh few years ago I had fish on food street. It was so delicious.

Rana Umair

Citizen
Hey Sara - There are many great places in Lahore that you can visit but got to have the time for it. I don't how much time you have in Lahore but I'll just list some of the places that you could visit.

Cafe Aylanto: Probably the best restaurant with great food and fantastic atmosphere. Its located on M.M Alam road Gulberg. It is kinda expensive but believe me its absolutely worth it.

Dynasty Restaurant: Again a great restaurant. I think its the best chinese restaurant in Lahore. It is in Avari hotel which is on Mall road.

M.M Alam road: This road is full of restaurants and shops. It is in Gulberg, ask anyone they'll guide u to it. It is a long road full of shops and then once this road finishes you hit a roundabout, take a left from that roundabout and you'll find many cool cafes for example, World of Fashion cafe, Cinnabon, Coffee tea and Company, Gloria Jeans etc. You will also find a mall called Xinhua mall there where you can do some shopping.

Mall of Lahore and Fotress Stadium: Mall of Lahore is in Cantt. and it is a new mall with a beautiful building. Try going at night because the building looks beautiful from outside once it is lit. This is another mall you can find some good shopping. Fotress Stadium is another good place to go for shopping. It has clothes, food, fun places, CD shops etc.

Liberty Market: Another very popular place in Lahore Gulberg where hundreds of women go everyday to shop. For some, it is their favorite place. You should definitely go check it out.

D.H.A: Its a residential area, probably the best one in Lahore. There are a lot of shopping there too and also a lot of restaurants (lahoris are crazy about their food). Go to Y block or H block market and you'll find everything you are looking for.

Landmarks: There are many landmarks in Lahore but to be honest i am not an expert when it comes to landmarks. You could go the Badshahi mosque (absolutely beautiful at night) AND IF DO GO, YOU HAVE GOT TO GO TO COOCOS NEST. It has an amazing view plus amazing food too. Other than badshahi mosque, you could go to Shalimar gardens, lahore fort and all. You can find these places online too.

But one thing that you have to keep in mind is the WEATHER. I think Karachites are used to the breezy weather. Lahore has crazy hot humid summers and people usually don't hangout during day time, especially in landmarks mentioned above. You are lucky however that the weather these days is very pleasant because of the monsoon rains.

Regarding the gift, as you go around and check some of the places listed above, you'll find dozens of options! So don't worry about the gift you'll eventually find a great one! Have fun in lahore and i hope this helps you!

GeoG

Depends what do you wanna eat but here are the few places you shouldn't miss at all:

1) Phaja Paya
2) Halwa Puri at Gawal Mandi
3) Muhammadi Nihari
3) Tobaa Resturant's Murgh Chana at Laxmi Chowk
5) Chamman Ice Cream at Beadon Road
6) Bhaya Kabab in D- Block Model Town
7) Zakir Tikka in Cantt
8) Benazir Qulfa (Several locations)
9) BBQ at Diera Resturant at Gaddafi Stadium
10) Gola Gappe at Regal Chowk
11) Fried Fish (w/ basen) from Bashir Dar-ul-Mahi
12) Fried Fish (Tawa) from Sadeeq at Garhi Shahu
13) Hareesa from opposite of Dyal Singh College
14) Blue Cheese Steak from Cafe Zouk in Gulberg
15) Salt 'n Pepper
16) Rabri wala milk & Falooda from Riaz Falooda in Old Anar ****
17) Village Restaurant

There are thousands of other places you can go eat food because its all about food in Lahore. You can have a feast from 20RS to 2000RS, so just enjoy. By the way for shopping its better to spend little extra money but go to Y-Block DHA or Liberty Market.

Pakka Lahori, Great choice
just to add couple of names to your list
Khaleef Kebab Androon Mochi Gate
Rabri Kheer at Brandreth Road Corner

Food quality wise Shezan at Fortress Stadium serves great food and don't miss their Tutti Frutti Ice Cream

I do hope sh in your id does not abbreviate Shaeikh

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
hey sara - there are many great places in lahore that you can visit but got to have the time for it. I don't how much time you have in lahore but i'll just list some of the places that you could visit.

cafe aylanto: Probably the best restaurant with great food and fantastic atmosphere. Its located on m.m alam road gulberg. It is kinda expensive but believe me its absolutely worth it.

dynasty restaurant: Again a great restaurant. I think its the best chinese restaurant in lahore. It is in avari hotel which is on mall road.

m.m alam road: This road is full of restaurants and shops. It is in gulberg, ask anyone they'll guide u to it. It is a long road full of shops and then once this road finishes you hit a roundabout, take a left from that roundabout and you'll find many cool cafes for example, world of fashion cafe, cinnabon, coffee tea and company, gloria jeans etc. You will also find a mall called xinhua mall there where you can do some shopping.

mall of lahore and fotress stadium: Mall of lahore is in cantt. And it is a new mall with a beautiful building. Try going at night because the building looks beautiful from outside once it is lit. This is another mall you can find some good shopping. Fotress stadium is another good place to go for shopping. It has clothes, food, fun places, cd shops etc.

liberty market: Another very popular place in lahore gulberg where hundreds of women go everyday to shop. For some, it is their favorite place. You should definitely go check it out.

d.h.a: Its a residential area, probably the best one in lahore. There are a lot of shopping there too and also a lot of restaurants (lahoris are crazy about their food). Go to y block or h block market and you'll find everything you are looking for.

landmarks: There are many landmarks in lahore but to be honest i am not an expert when it comes to landmarks. You could go the badshahi mosque (absolutely beautiful at night) and if do go, you have got to go to coocos nest. It has an amazing view plus amazing food too. Other than badshahi mosque, you could go to shalimar gardens, lahore fort and all. You can find these places online too.

But one thing that you have to keep in mind is the weather. I think karachites are used to the breezy weather. Lahore has crazy hot humid summers and people usually don't hangout during day time, especially in landmarks mentioned above. You are lucky however that the weather these days is very pleasant because of the monsoon rains.

Regarding the gift, as you go around and check some of the places listed above, you'll find dozens of options! So don't worry about the gift you'll eventually find a great one! Have fun in lahore and i hope this helps you!

very good bro ... It helps me out aswell because last time i was in lahore around 2003 so my info was bit old ....

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

697fd64d5288c367f5303c46fc83e972.jpg

Half Time.................................................................................................Tme over

Lahoriyon Ko Food Street Ki Itni Takleef Nahi Jitni Tumhain Hai
Tumhara Kiya Safai Ka Thaika Khatam Ho Gaya Hai...