BRT Peshawar Reality and rumors

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
I was reading/hearing people that this is the most expensive metro bus project in Pakistan so I did my own research and found these figures, I think to compare the details of the projects, its overall infrastructure and network extensiveness. BRT is not only the most useful project but rather cheap. I did not include feeder routes in the table as most of the projects complete by PMLN have not much project details available. BRT has 68KM of extended routes with 100 substations all over the city. The costs have been corrected for inflation and exchange rates.

FD9U2eP.png

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
you did a very bad job of comparison.

First bring a breakdown of all metro costs, then do a right comparison.

I was reading/hearing people that this is the most expensive metro bus project in Pakistan so I did my own research and found these figures, I think to compare the details of the projects, its overall infrastructure and network extensiveness. BRT is not only the most useful project but rather cheap. I did not include feeder routes in the table as most of the projects complete by PMLN have not much project details available. BRT has 68KM of extended routes with 100 substations all over the city. The costs have been corrected for inflation and exchange rates.

FD9U2eP.png

Cornered Tiger

Councller (250+ posts)

FD9U2eP.png

Bulls eye sir. BRT Peshawar offers many other things as well. Such as bicycle facility, parking plazas, feeder routes for whole Peshawar city and digital banking.

abidbutt

Senator (1k+ posts)
lahore residents should bear the cost of subsidy of lahore transport system. Same for multan, islamabad and peshawar.
100% true wherever such 'facility' is provided, the city residents should bear the cost and provide subsidy from their own pockets.

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
you did a very bad job of comparison.

First bring a breakdown of all metro costs, then do a right comparison.
I did breakdown the available data, the problem is that apart from Peshawar the projects by PMLN are quite cloudy, no real figures are available, the figure of 30 billion for Lahore metro was dubious at the time. The data about BRT Peshawar is extensive and quite transparent.

Renegade

MPA (400+ posts)
It hasn't even start yet and the track is already having cracks, totally looks like substandard work. They shouldn't give any contract to this company in future: