Bribery scams are still on going at Allama Iqbal Airport Lahore - caught on camera

A Abbasi

Staff member
جناب وزیر اعظم ! کب ائیرپورسٹس سے اس طرح کی رشوت ستانی کی وارداتیں بند ہوں گی؟

Sent By a member with the following message
----------------------------------------------
Every time I travel to Pakistan the airport staff at the Lahore airport force me to pay bribe on arrival and departure. Last year I had three drama DVDs and the airport staff said I am not allowed to take CDs with me. I said OK take them if I am not supposed to carry them he said: "it is no use to me, you are not allowed but you take it, just take care of me". He wouldn't let me go until I paid 1000 rupees.

On 18th March 2019 at 7:30am on my way back to Manchester from Lahore I was again forced to pay bribe. This time I was ready to expose them. This is how they operate and has happened all the times. The person doing x-ray scan picks bags that has something they can use to blackmail the passenger. He then calls specific person who takes bag to location slightly away from public. To scare passenger the stuff from very beginning start saying things which means "you are in big trouble".

This time he said it is illegal to take textile goods in such quantity. I said OK you can keep it and he replied that it is no use to them, we will accommodate you and you "accommodate" us. They tried to take all the money I told I had and I let them take it to see how low can they go.

They took 4,500 PKR before check in and I said that is all I have. He saw I have few GBP in my wallet and came back after some time that one of the gang member is not happy and want 40 GBP (all I had in my wallet). He saw that I still have 1000 PKR in my wallet and came again the third time when I was at the immigration control. He said it is not enough money and the guy at scanner is not happy and took the last 1000 PKR in my wallet. Of course I had lot more money in my pockets, but they took everything in my wallet and that I told I had.

This first video is cut of main video that shows when they ask for bribe, The second video is unedited raw video when they searched the bags. The third video is before immigration control when he came for the third time to grab the last 1000 I had. I could not capture video when he took GBP as I was checking in.

My brother reported this to Citizen portal PK, he received call from the DG ASF but he said these people are not from his department and he will refer to customs, there you go. It it time to show people's power.

The audacity they had to ask and take bribe openly and at the highest security place with hundred of CCTV camera proves that everyone from top to bottom is part of the gang.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Your leader is Interior minister? I understand your bebasy and Majboori
I am always supportive on your honest standing.
Your quote should have more weightage if you had used word like paindoo before me and my leader.

waseem137

Minister (2k+ posts)
لعنت ہو ان لوگوں پہ اور ایسی حکومت پہ جو ان جیسے حرام خوروں کو کنٹرول نہیں کر پا رہی ۔ پھر کہتے ہیں ہمارے ملک کی برآمدات نہیں ہو رہی۔ اس ملک میں جتنے مرضی عمران خان آ جائیں، جب تک کرپشن پہ کنٹرول نہیں ہو گا، یہ ملک کبھی ترقی نہیں کر سکتا۔ کرپشن کرنے والوں کو سخت سے
سخت سزائیں دیں۔

Billo Rani

Senator (1k+ posts)
Rishwat doesn't discriminate based on geography. I urge everyone to share these type of videos on FB, Youtube, Twitter etc again and again. Highlight this scrouge of a culture doing daytime highway robbery from hard working citizens. Keep highlighting it until someone is forced to take notice. Keep shaming these rishwat khors.

Yaar Punjab ho aur Rishwat Na ho.
What’s wrong he is taking sample for honest business.
Promotion of exports .
Sack Rishwatkhors

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Corrupts are Corrupt either he is Karachites
Chopped their heads
Corruption Nasoor hai
Pakistan key liye Zaher e Qatil hai
Just a minor correction all corrupts should be executed as long as not from Urdu speaking family.

لمبڑدار

Senator (1k+ posts)
Rishwat doesn't discriminate based on geography. I urge everyone to share these type of videos on FB, Youtube, Twitter etc again and again. Highlight this scrouge of a culture doing daytime highway robbery from hard working citizens. Keep highlighting it until someone is forced to take notice. Keep shaming these rishwat khors.

Welcome Billo Mori