Bhutto's daughter to enter 'practical politics'

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
TIMES OF INDIA
STAFF WRITER 13:14 HRS IST
Rezaul H Laskar

Islamabad, Aug 6 (PTI)
Slain former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto's daughter Bakhtawar has decided to enter "practical politics" even as her brother Bilawal ruled out launching his political career so that he could focus on continuing his education.

Advisor to the Sindh Chief Minister and a loyalist of the Bhutto-Zardari family, Sharmilla Faruqui, has said in a statement that Bakhtawar's decision to enter "practical politics" augurs well, especially for the women in the country.

"This is also very good for the patriotic, democracy-loving and pro-masses people," she said.

Bakhtawar, best known for dabbling in music, will "carry forward the mission of her great mother" and serve the backward and downtrodden segments of society and women, Faruqui said.

She claimed "the day is not far" when Bakhtawar will promote democratic values and ensure inclusion of women in national development.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
TIMES OF INDIA
Rezaul H Laskar

Islamabad, Aug 6 (PTI)
Slain former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto's daughter Bakhtawar has decided to enter "practical politics" even as her brother Bilawal ruled out launching his political career so that he could focus on continuing his education.

Advisor to the Sindh Chief Minister and a loyalist of the Bhutto-Zardari family, Sharmilla Faruqui, has said in a statement that Bakhtawar's decision to enter "practical politics" augurs well, especially for the women in the country.

"This is also very good for the patriotic, democracy-loving and pro-masses people," she said.

Bakhtawar, best known for dabbling in music, will "carry forward the mission of her great mother" and serve the backward and downtrodden segments of society and women, Faruqui said.

She claimed "the day is not far" when Bakhtawar will promote democratic values and ensure inclusion of women in national development.

OH NO NOT another Bhutto dynasty!! Why cant we get rid of this family??

Wadaich

گازو جی! جس طرح کی حرافات میں قوم مبتلا ہے اس کے لیے عذاب الہی کی یہی صورت ہے کہ ان کے سروں پر بد ترین اور غلیظ ترین لوگ سوار کیے جائیں

May Allah end the aazab on us.

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
Yup they just power hungry, this family broke Pakistan and somehow became heroes our poor illeterate public. YEAH LOG APNE MAAAA BHE BEECHA DEEIN GAY POWER MAIN ANAY KAY LIAY.

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari's covers her head with a dupatta for all public appearances!

THE TIMES OF INDIA

javascript:showsld1();
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari (C) and daughters Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari (2nd-R) and Asifa Bhutto Zardari in the Pakistani pavilion at the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai on July 10, 2010. (AFP Photo)
javascript:javascript:showsld1();javascript:javascript:showsld1();

ISLAMABAD: The Edinburgh-educated rapper daughter of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto and President Asif Ali Zardari seems set to perpetuate the image of dupatta-wearing, conservative women politicians of Pakistan.

Just like her Hermes scarf wearing mother Benazir, a dupatta is always neatly pinned on 20-year-old Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari's head to underline her Islamic identity; even as many from her generation see it as a cumbersome relic.

It is strange to see Bakhtawar, who is an aspiring rapper and has devoted a few songs to her mother, with her head covered by a dupatta.

In all her public appearances Bakhtawar has the dupatta in place, even as in her profile picture on her personal music page she is shown wearing a cap and not a dupatta.

Ditto for her younger sister Asifa, who covers her head with a dupatta for all public appearances.

In Pakistan, the character of a woman is usually decoded from the way she wraps herself up in the 2.5 metre usually flowing fabric.

In recent years, however, the dupatta has been used more as a religious tool than as a symbol of pride.

Western-educated Pakistani women have written reams on the functionality of the dupatta.

"When I returned to Pakistan around the age of 13, I think, one of the most interesting and (later on) confusing aspects of Pakistani culture was the dupatta. My mother did a splendid job on telling me about its cultural and apparel importance along with its imperative nature in most regions of the country," wrote Mehreen Kasana on her blog.

Kasana even did a hilarious classification of dupatta-wearing women in her country.

Kulsoom, another blogger, wrote: "Growing up, I was constantly lectured for allowing my dupatta to drag on the floor, or leaving it crumpled somewhere. If I forgot to wear it, I felt brazen and uncomfortable, instantly garnering stares from those who felt the scarf was synonymous with feminine modesty."

She added: "At the same time, the dupatta also allowed me to shift seamlessly into more conservative environments, from wearing it draped on my shoulder to wrapping it loosely over my hair.

"It offered me, somewhat ironically, a sense of freedom. Therefore, as much as I'd claim a love/hate relationship with the dupatta, I cannot deny this versatility."

Though Bakhtawar is going back in time, her grandmother Nusrat Bhutto hardly ever covered her head and usually wore a sari.

Benazir was forced to cover her head when she returned to Pakistan in 1986 during Gen Zia-ul-Haq's rule.

Though many thought that the dupatta did not represent the liberal and progressive Benazir, others thought it was the right move in the post-Zia era.

A woman politician, Zil-e-Huma Usman, was shot dead at a political rally because she had not covered her head.

Former information and broadcasting minister Sherry Rehman is perhaps among the few women politician who refuse to cover her head and are totally unapologetic about it.

Read more: Bakhtawar another dupatta-wearing politician in making? - Pakistan - World - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6266040.cms#ixzz0vtZlGnaR

Compaq

Councller (250+ posts)
No more bhutto, rahm karo es molk pe, bhutto mariga apne harmkhooron ko chor gia. Jo es molk ko demak ki tera chate rahen ge.

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
kayoon pareshan hotay hoo

Bakhtawar ke shadi be zardari jaisay kisi marad say ho jai gee fir bhaar main gai politics..

waisy bee yeh zardari & bhutto family apnay murdoon (dead) ke kamai kha rahay hain....

and zardaris actions is making sure that it wont last long..

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

میرے خیال میں پاکستان میں اب بھی لوٹنے کیلئے کچھ ہے اس لئے یہ محترمہ سیاست میں اپنے مبارک قدم رنجا فرما رہی ہے۔

آنے دو اسے بھی یرا ، اسکی ماں نے زرداری کی شکل میں ایسی بلا چھوڑی ہے کہ سب کچھ لوٹ کے جائیگا۔ اور ان بیچاروں کو لوٹنے کیلئے کچھ نہیں بچے گا۔

میرا نہیں خیال اس کے ماں باپ نے اتنے اچھے کارنامے کیے ہیں کہ ان دونوں بہن بھائی کو کوئی پوچھے گا بھی۔

Last edited:

gazoomartian

گازو جی! جس طرح کی حرافات میں قوم مبتلا ہے اس کے لیے عذاب الہی کی یہی صورت ہے کہ ان کے سروں پر بد ترین اور غلیظ ترین لوگ سوار کیے جائیں

May Allah end the aazab on us.

ameen summa ameen

gazoomartian

No more Bhutto, we want gazoo

d378b4e0551dd5a88243c9d1e617f774.jpg

we want gazoo, we want gazoo we want gazoo

61d0917776c650863114829b62288304.jpg

virtual today, actual tomorrow

K

khan125

[/SIZE]
TIMES OF INDIA
Rezaul H Laskar

Islamabad, Aug 6 (PTI)

Why not zardari's daughter(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Remind me of the movie Rajneeti where family members of one big leader got killed and a guy(resembles Bilawal Bhutto) started doing dirty Politics against the other group....In the end his brother's wife became a leader but here it would be sister of that person became a leader....

salmaa

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Ye Moti Bakhtawar bhi aisay hi mari jay gi jaysy (Pakistan torny way Zaleel Bhotto) k family k baqi log mary gai