Bahria foundation to launch cruise service in Pakistan

Imran the legend

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
KARACHI - The Bahria Foundation of Pakistan Navy to launch a ‘cruise service’ with an aim to promote recreational activities in Pakistan.

bahria-foundation-to-launch-cruise-service-in-pakistan-1542397687-6119.jpg

“We have partnered with the local businessman who will purchase three passenger cruises for this purpose and the operation would be commenced by the end of December or sometime in January 2019,” said Bahria Foundation Deputy Managing Director Akber Naqi. “In the initial phase, we are planning for an open sea journey, but after some time it could be extended up to Gwadar Port, as the foundation is also going to build a huge 20-30 kilometre beach with huge resorts to facilitate local and foreign tourists. These resorts will have a capacity to deal with thousands of people at a time.”

He said Pakistani and foreign tourists would be allowed five to ten kilometres journey of open sea so that they can spend their time on the ships with their families, friends and children.
Source

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)
I hope there are no footprints of Malik Riaz in this proposed project??

I was thinking the same. But frankly speaking Malik Riaz is building Pakistan. Take out all Bahria town then what we have. Only DHA. Yes he bribed but as a business man do he had choice

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Travl 5 to 10 kilometers at sea? Is this a joke? Kitni der lageygi 5 km janay mein? 20 minute? There should b cruises to the Maldives....a fellow SAARC member....who wants a lollypop cruise 5 km out to sea?

khani73

Voter (50+ posts)
Very good Idea. My suggestion please.Make the cruise from Karachi to Gawadar with one or two overnights in between. Make your you have 2.3.4.5 star hotels on all your overnight stops plus local guided ,safe bus tours on every stop.
If they follow your advice they can make lot of money and also local people can benefit from this service

aazad.mubassir

Minister (2k+ posts)
It’s going to take another 4-5 yrs to develop Gawadr commercial area including big hotels then probably your idea will make sense. I would recommend to add few more stops like Pasni and Jeewani ports on the way to Gawadr. They have to start a kind of shuttle ferry when businesses are booming there. In US the cruises are running from NY and Miami, FL up to Caribbean islands.

Very good Idea. My suggestion please.Make the cruise from Karachi to Gawadar with one or two overnights in between. Make your you have 2.3.4.5 star hotels on all your overnight stops plus local guided ,safe bus tours on every stop.

AntiGossip

Senator (1k+ posts)
Must Finalize Must Do Must Necessary Most important bring some positive leverage into Gawder port so everyone going to Pakistan can have another excuse to take cruise from Gawder. Excellent!

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Tourism is a huge industry and source of income for many countries. Hopefully with gawadar being operational this industry will thrive in Pakistan as well.