Asad Umar resigns as Finance Minister

Modest

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
No one can pressurise PM Imran Khan. I am pretty sure that IK took this decision after a long hard look at Asad Umar’s performance. If AU was not up to the job then it’s a good decision. Betterment of the country’s economy is much more important than personalities. I reckon Asad Umar didn’t do enough to control the inflation & dollar. IK should get rid of all the incompetent ministers & even chief ministers. We need competent people who can deliver for the country, that’s why we voted for the change

crankthskunk

Thank God, I am on the record that Asad is no good for the position of Finance Minister.
I am glad that Imran got some sense, he is now ringing changes. He has to get hold of every aspect of Pakistan, ministers, the bureaucracy , judiciary and police etc. to change Pakistan.
Pakistani people are had haram and they are crooks, they need to be monitored and marshaled at all times. Imran has to keep an eye on each and everyone of them. Unfortunately such is the state of Pakistan.

CANSUK

Wrong decision of IK......
Asad Umer was next in line after IK and I think lobby against him is inside PTI...
Very wrong decision of IK.

chandaa

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Disappointed by this decision. Looks like Mafia won, Khan sahab if you cant take pressure then dont lecture others to take pressure and so rights things for Pakistan. Pathetic decision.

Sohail Shuja

جتنا ماتم بھرپا کیا جارہا ۔۔۔۔اس کی ضرورت نہیں تھی۔۔
ان میں اکثریت نونیوں کی ہے۔۔۔اور چند پلاسٹکی فیلنگز رکھنے والے انصافینز کی۔۔
اس سے قبل تاریخ میں مثال نہیں ملتی کہ وزیر خزانہ کو کام کی وجہ سے عہدہ چھوڑنے کا کہا گیا ہو۔۔۔
حالانکہ نواز خود کئ بار اعتراف کرچکا تھا کہ ڈار اسے مس لیڈ کررہا ہے
۔۔۔​
بات آپکی درست ہے، لیکن مسئلہ صرف پچھلے دنوں میڈیا پر چلنے والی خبروں کی مسلسل تردید ہے۔ انصافیوں کو آگ اسلیئے بھی زیادہ لگی ہوئی ہے۔ بیچارے ساری دنیا سے اندھا دھند لڑتے رہے

Sohail Shuja

Disappointed by this decision. Looks like Mafia won, Khan sahab if you cant take pressure then dont lecture others to take pressure and so rights things for Pakistan. Pathetic decision.
If he would have had kept on taking the pressure, the toll would have been on the people of Pakistan, not on IK himself alone or his political party. Its a balanced decision, though a tough one, but I guess IK is learning to put the National interest first.

chandaa

Paija talli aka thandaa meerasi is full of shit. He and Maryam Qatari are the reasons Daku Sharif is bejind bars as they asked him to do all propoganda against country and Army.
If he would have had kept on taking the pressure, the toll would have been on the people of Pakistan, not on IK himself alone or his political party. Its a balanced decision, though a tough one, but I guess IK is learning to put the National interest first.
A leader is the one who takes pressure in time of crisis and guide his people. If he cant take pressure then better resign or dissolve assemblies instead of making others a scapegoat.

CANSUK

No one can pressurise PM Imran Khan. I am pretty sure that IK took this decision after a long hard look at Asad Umar’s performance. If AU was not up to the job then it’s a good decision. Betterment of the country’s economy is much more important than personalities. I reckon Asad Umar didn’t do enough to control the inflation & dollar. IK should get rid of all the incompetent ministers & even chief ministers. We need competent people who can deliver for the country, that’s why we voted for the change
If Asad Umer takes loan immediately and hold the dollor price falsely like Ishaq Dar then he’d be able to survive but he speaks the truth and paid the price.
Next in line after IK was sacked but what about other crap in PTI ?
Didn’t IK introduce AU as his best man ?
IK came into trap of media and mafia who’s against of pakistan’s Stability.
Sorry, I must say IK made a big blunder. Now I remember when he came to bat after 1down in 91 World Cup .....will he be rescue the team as introducing himself as FM ? or who is next ? Where is the name ?

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
There are far more qualified people than Asad Umar. There's nothing wrong with sacking ministers who aren't delivering.

Asad Umar was hellbent on IMF and doing everything they dictated to him.

Not to mention the tax amnesty scheme which goes against the manifesto and idealogy of PTI.
Sorry man the money is not going to come out of air . He was doing great and was hellbent on only taking IMF when it suits us. He is a simple person devoid of groupings and games.

Even this year we have to return billions of dollars which are maturing from last staunch. Either you keep in this loop or break free. He was trying to break free and was not hesitant. He could have lied like previous governments , but he chose not to and gave us a complete picture that it is a rockey boat and will take 2 years before course is set.

People who have no idea about economy are very happy today since they think that Asad Umer is responsible for everything without realizing that the subsidies given by previous governments will hurt as more and more to the point of no return.

I am very disappointed from Khan. Probably first time in my life .

Sohail Shuja

A leader is the one who takes pressure in time of crisis and guide his people. If he cant take pressure then better resign or dissolve assemblies instead of making others a scapegoat.
A wise leader is he who knows the consequences and keeps the interest of his people over and above his personal ambitions.

As being PM of Pakistan, he is now the leader of the people of Pakistan, not only his political party.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
If Asad Umer takes Liab immediately and hold the dollor price falsely like Ishaq Dar then he’d be able to survive but he speaks the truth and paid the price.
Next in line after IK was sacked but what about other crap in PTI ?
Didn’t IK introduce AU as his best man ?
IK came into trap of media and mafia who’s against of pakistan’s Stability.
Sorry, I must say IK made a big blunder. Now I remember when he came to bat after 1down in 91 World Cup .....will he be rescue the team as introducing himself as FM.
People think that Asad Umer was doing this to satisfy himself. He knew the pressure will come but he took tough decisions knowing they are correct ones. He didn't care about the negativity.

I have seen all Asad Umer programs and debates. No one was able to prove him wrong or show a better path.

I was in a shock today, I am still trying to put my head around what prompted Khan to do this stupidity

Will_Bite

Our so-called establishment too wasn’t happy with Asad. It is they who IK listens to the most after Peerni.
I dont think so.
I believe he was convinced by the likes of Fawad Ch and SMQ and a few other to give public lollypops so that public sentiment can be swayed. IK should know this better than anyone that this will only sway public sentiment in the short term. In the process, PTI will lose a lot of its core voters....Imran or no Imran.

jani1

PTI will lose a lot of its core voters....Imran or no Imran.
او بھیا۔۔۔اسد عمر کی وجہ سے نہیں ۔۔لوگ عمران کی وجہ سے پی ٹی آئی میں آئے۔۔
ابھی عمران کو نکال دو۔۔سارا کھیل ختم۔۔

jani1

آپ بھی پلاسٹکی جزبات والی ہوگئیں۔۔یقین نہیں آتا۔۔

jani1

بزدار کو جو کہا جاتا وہ کرلیتا ہے ، اسد عمر آگے سے سوال کرتا ہے ، دونوں میں فرق ہے
واہ رے نونی کباڑیئے۔۔۔۔تو اور تیری منافقت۔۔۔
کھبی نواز نورے سے بھی سوال کیا۔۔کہ جب خود اعتراف کرتا تھا ،کہ منشی ڈار مس لیڈ کررہا ہے۔۔تو اسے لات کیوں نہیں مارتے۔۔

Will_Bite

او بھیا۔۔۔اسد عمر کی وجہ سے نہیں ۔۔لوگ عمران کی وجہ سے پی ٹی آئی میں آئے۔۔
ابھی عمران کو نکال دو۔۔سارا کھیل ختم۔۔
That is not how it works.
Imran is the one who inculcated this self-respect in his voters, to be able to speak up, no matter who it is against. He is the one who created precedents in his life by not pandering to nepotism. So he cant expect us to follow him blindly even if we dont agree with his decision.

Yes, people vote for Imran Khan....but there is a large group of people who started following PTI because of Asad Umar. Remember, when PTI held internal elections, people wanted Asad Umar to put up his name as well for chairmanship, to compete against IK. Though everyone knew IK would win, still it marked a sign of respect for Asad Umar. He is a gem, and will remain so.

jani1

That is not how it works.
Imran is the one who inculcated this self-respect in his voters, to be able to speak up, no matter who it is against. He is the one who created precedents in his life by not pandering to nepotism. So he cant expect us to follow him blindly even if we dont agree with his decision.

Yes, people vote for Imran Khan....but there is a large group of people who started following PTI because of Asad Umar. Remember, when PTI held internal elections, people wanted Asad Umar to put up his name as well for chairmanship, to compete against IK. Though everyone knew IK would win, still it marked a sign of respect for Asad Umar. He is a gem, and will remain so.

کسی نے نہیں کہا کہ وہ جم نہیں ہیں۔۔۔مگر یاد رکھیں۔۔وہ ایک پلیئر ہیں یا تھے۔۔۔اصل فیصلے کپتان نے کرنے ہوتے ہیں۔۔
کیونکہ کھیل کے ہار جیت کا سارا ملبا کپتان کے سر گرتا ہے۔۔
اس لیئے ۔۔تھوڑا ریلیکس ہوں۔۔دو دنوں میں کیا خبریں آئیں۔۔
کسی کو نہیں پتہ۔۔

arafay

It is just like a débutant is asked to face a fast bowler of 150+ km speed on a bouncy & tricky pitch
No blame to Asad Umer,,, the replacement will also be NOT able to bat better than Asad

Disagreed. All the tough decisions have been taken. rupee devaluation, increase in gas & electricity prices, IMF loan agreed in principle. The current account deficit is under control now and only fiscal deficit and GDP growth rate would be the concern for the next FM. Basically all the hard decisions have been taken and the new FM would have a much easier job to do.