Asad Umar resigns as Finance Minister

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
Khan has a history of listening to the party followers. Lets see if he listens to the crowd in this case and reverses this obviously $hitty decision
I hope soo too. As a PhD student with a minor in economics, I can assure you he was doing all the right decisions. They were painful, to begin with but would have given us lasting progress. This is a very poor decision from Khan.

arafay

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Bad decision. It looks like mafia has won and now you will see roll back on FBR reforms.

Actually, it seems GHQ wasnt happy with him. His replacement Salman Shah is an army favourite.

loser24x7

Asad umar has come along as a shady character...He tried to accommodate all the Noora garbage in key positions...And he wasn't an economist either...What transpired beneath the surface we don't know yet..He is a victim of his own rhetoric and so is IK...

loser24x7

What the fluck is IK smoking? Now i believe there is a better than strong chance of PTI govt falling sooner rather than later.
Dumb decision by IK.....pandering to idiots. Sorry IK...you are a star...but this was dumb. Might as well go and give it on contract to Ishaq Dar.

I started following PTI more after Asad Umar joined....and now with his departure, the party really looks like what the opposition accuses it of. Sorry IK...you have failed on this point. You spent a lifetime going against the crowd, not pandering to opposers, no matter how loud they were....but in this case, you flopped.
Be patient man... IK might be right in this decision...

MRT.abcd

Minister (2k+ posts)
Asad Umar is a good person but there might be a need for a more technical person who deeply understands the economy. No harm in replacing him with a more skilled person. He tied his best. Why stupid people(NOORAS) are hurling abuses here?
And what PTI supporters are angry for???

3rd_Umpire

What the fluck is IK smoking? Now i believe there is a better than strong chance of PTI govt falling sooner rather than later.
Dumb decision by IK.....pandering to idiots. Sorry IK...you are a star...but this was dumb. Might as well go and give it on contract to Ishaq Dar.

I started following PTI more after Asad Umar joined....and now with his departure, the party really looks like what the opposition accuses it of. Sorry IK...you have failed on this point. You spent a lifetime going against the crowd, not pandering to opposers, no matter how loud they were....but in this case, you flopped.
It is just like a débutant is asked to face a fast bowler of 150+ km speed on a bouncy & tricky pitch
No blame to Asad Umer,,, the replacement will also be NOT able to bat better than Asad

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
The reason to kick him out is 100% is that imf condition are most strict than before. Very stupid of him debatable pakistan economy and not going imf early. Due to asad bullshit now pkr will be 180 compare to dollar.

Last edited: