Armies doing commercial businesses includes Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India

araein

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This thread is the answer to those people who are saying that no ARMY in the world do commercial business. They only blame Pakistan ARMY... There are many armies in the world who are doing commercial businesses.

Mainly these are those people who hate pakistan ARMY.. They try to defame Pakistan ARMY at any cost.

Criticizing Pakistan ARMY is a different thing and hating with Pakistan ARMY is different.

-------------------------------------------
SIRILANKA
Sri Lanka, which is south Asia’s most militarised country, opted, after defeating the Tamil Tiger guerillas in May 2009, to involve its bloated military in a range of commercial activities.

Instead of downsizing its 300,000-strong defence forces after the bitter civil war ended, President Mahinda Rajpakse’s administration encouraged their involvement in large-scale commercial activities such as selling vegetables and religious bric-a-brac, running travel agencies, hotels and highway restaurants and collecting refuse in the capital Colombo.

BANGLADESH

In nearby Bangladesh, the military’s business empire, estimated at about $500 million, includes the hotel and hospitality trade and ownership of at least two five-star properties in Dhaka with another being built in the southern port city of Chittagong.

The Dhaka Radisson hotel, which is owned by Bangladesh’s Army Welfare Trust, was built on dedicated military land giving it a commercial advantage in a city of rocketing real estate prices.

INDIA
The Indian military, south Asia’s largest, has assiduously and determinedly been denied all commercial and business opportunities by successive civilian governments, fearful of coups similar to those in Pakistan.

However, the Indian army still manages to operate about 100 golf courses and clubs which were recently the focus of a corruption inquiry by the country’s auditor.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/armies-that-create-their-own-lucrative-empires-1.610298

Okara Muhammad Jibran bhaibarood FahadBhatti

Last edited:

araein

Please include China as well which recently shifted from this policy.

Also please include US Army as well who developed many technologies and then sold to private sector for profit.

Do u have a link?? Plz share the link so i can edit my thread...

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
My thread is: Other armies in the world also do commercial business. Stick on my topic...

U can open new thread on your comment.. :):):)
I am not worried about other armies but are you okay that Pak Army is doing business in Pakistan?

kingQ

Minister (2k+ posts)
Read this and have some shame ya boot polishing slave:

INDIA
The Indian military, south Asia’s largest, has assiduously and determinedly been denied all commercial and business opportunities by successive civilian governments, fearful of coups similar to those in Pakistan.

kingQ

Minister (2k+ posts)
Use some common sense you can't compare Indian military's professionalism with Pakistani militarys business enterprises.

araein

I am not worried about other armies but are you okay that Pak Army is doing business in Pakistan?

Truly speaking: I want Pakistan institutions should be developed.. I am expecting this under the supervision of Imran Khan... Now i have hope that our institutions will progress....

And i also want that Pakistan ARMY should have limited role. And this could only be done under the supervision of patriotic leadership like Imran Khan.

kingQ

Minister (2k+ posts)
dha representative told cjp that only Malaysian army was involved in housing schemes other than Pakistan army but this desperate boot polishing slave found 3 more countries lol

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Truly speaking: I want Pakistan institutions should be developed.. I am expecting this under the supervision of Imran Khan... Now i have hope that our institutions will progress....

And i also want that Pakistan ARMY should have limited role. And this is only done under the supervision of patriotic leadershipp
I really appreciate your stance in this regards. Yes every institute must play its assigned role including Armed forces to make Pakistan a great country.

PIND-WALA

Please include China as well which recently shifted from this policy.

Also please include US Army as well who developed many technologies and then sold to private sector for profit.
Technologies were developed in research labs.

Galaxy

It is good so they are not burden on the nation. You know how much weapon business the US,UK,France,Germany,Russia,and China do?. Trillions. Whats the difference. Business is Business. Whether you sell candies or Ak 47.

Pathfinder

This thread is the answer to those people who are saying that no ARMY in the world do commercial business. They only blame Pakistan ARMY... There are many armies in the world who are doing commercial businesses.

Mainly these are those people who hate pakistan ARMY.. They try to defame Pakistan ARMY at any cost.

Criticizing Pakistan ARMY is a different thing and hating with Pakistan ARMY is different.

-------------------------------------------
SIRILANKA
Sri Lanka, which is south Asia’s most militarised country, opted, after defeating the Tamil Tiger guerillas in May 2009, to involve its bloated military in a range of commercial activities.

Instead of downsizing its 300,000-strong defence forces after the bitter civil war ended, President Mahinda Rajpakse’s administration encouraged their involvement in large-scale commercial activities such as selling vegetables and religious bric-a-brac, running travel agencies, hotels and highway restaurants and collecting refuse in the capital Colombo.

BANGLADESH

In nearby Bangladesh, the military’s business empire, estimated at about $500 million, includes the hotel and hospitality trade and ownership of at least two five-star properties in Dhaka with another being built in the southern port city of Chittagong.

The Dhaka Radisson hotel, which is owned by Bangladesh’s Army Welfare Trust, was built on dedicated military land giving it a commercial advantage in a city of rocketing real estate prices.

INDIA

However, the Indian army still manages to operate about 100 golf courses and clubs which were recently the focus of a corruption inquiry by the country’s auditor.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/armies-that-create-their-own-lucrative-empires-1.610298

Okara Muhammad Jibran bhaibarood FahadBhatti
Egypt

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
Fine, but do we have access to their financial audits. Secondly, I don’t pay tax for them to grab lands

webminded

Citizen
Turkey's military has a stake in 60 companies

Critics say the armed forces' pension fund, which is making money in sectors ranging from cars to chocolate bars, has 'unacceptable' clout and warrants scrutiny.
Despite losing much of its political power in recent years, Turkey's military has managed to hold on to its considerable economic interests, with an army pension fund making money in sectors ranging from cars to chocolate bars.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/turkey-s-military-has-a-stake-in-60-companies-1.557015

Myanmar: the military-commercial complex
The emerging market tempts multinationals but groups with links to the army loom large

These companies include Myanmar Economic Corporation, a secretive
conglomerate owned by the defence ministry that operates in strategic sectors
ranging from ports to telecommunications. Another is Myanmar Economic
Holdings Limited, which enriches military officers and veterans with proceeds
from lucrative businesses including cigarettes and petroleum imports

(PDF) Myanmar: the military-commercial complex. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313249258_Myanmar_the_military-commercial_complex

https://www.ft.com/content/c6fe7dce-d26a-11e6-b06b-680c49b4b4c0

webminded

Citizen

Egypt’s Military Business: The Need for Change
The Egyptian military owns business enterprises that are in almost every sector and produce an extremely wide area of services and goods. It runs hotels, sea resorts, and apartment buildings along with lavish villas. It owns cement, steel, jeep, fertilizer, home appliances, pasta, and other factories; runs gas stations; and constructs toll highways. Moreover, ex-generals occupy the top civilian positions in the state’s administrative apparatus in control of key sectors, from public transportation systems to water and sewerage services, Internet lines, social housing projects, and more.

https://www.mei.edu/publications/egypts-military-business-need-change

Egypt's 'Military Inc' expands its control of the economy
From bottled water to the Suez Canal, the Egyptian army is tightening its grip on the country's business activities
Now, experts say, the Egyptian economy is increasingly shaped by the opaque desires of the ruling generals. And the military's business activities appear to be expanding – from the manufacture of basic items such as bottled water and furniture into mega-infrastructure, energy and technology projects, analysts say.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/18/egypt-military-economy-power-elections

Egypt's army in control of vast business empire
Out in the desert to the east of the capital, Cairo, the Egyptian military has just finished building a massive new sports centre.
This is typical of the many projects built and run by the army's vast business empire, which includes manufacturing of consumer goods, food, mineral water, construction, mining, land reclamation, even tourism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18548659