Are we the people of science ?

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ahhahaa... Sorry.... It's not my morality!

It's a morality of a nation state! At least America did not capture and sell Iraqi women and children in markets as Lundis and slaves proves American morality dispite all shortcomings is superior than those who invaded Iraq before!

If its not your morality, then why are you defending it so desperately. Definitely, killing innocent people, destabilizing their country and eating up their resources is more heinous than enslaving them. Can you ever imagine what are the consequences of such invasions and destabilization of a country? women are forced to sell their bodies..... children grow up to become criminals and extremists.

Sohail Shuja

lol all know Sadam and Netanyahu were enemies... an enemy will always like to destroy his enemy!
LOL... and everyone also knows that Netanyahu is the Daddy of US. Like it or not, but only a pet dog will follow the command of his master and attack whomever he commands to... without needing a reason. Now US has dug out their bone out of the soils of iraq (the oil).... that is what the reality of your morality is....

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kurds of Iraq
OMG.......................That was BREAKING NEWS.................................Because yesterday also US cabinet one lady give on Balocistan freedom resulation...................same like Help call..................or Mukti Bahni give to Indra Gandhi Help Call...................you mean.Please go ahead...................

Vitamin_C

Truth is not subjective and reality is the same for everyone. If we are both in boat basin Karachi then it cannot be the case that it is raining for me and not for you, it is either raining or it's not, both cannot be true. Similarly Jesus story is a claim which also needs to be proved, you may chose to believe it on faith without requiring evidence.

But Faith as we have established is not a pathway to truth, it's a pathway to ignorance and gullibility. Hindus use the same faith to believe in Lord Krishna that you use to believe in Jesus. The evidence for both is equally weak if it even exists at all.

It is not my definition of faith, it is the definition agreed upon by linguists world wide. That is another matter that most people don't know what faith means and think of it as a thing to be proud of. It's a shame.

Some people have other definitions for faith. For example the hope that if enough people believe in something that it might actually become true... there are many others but they all have a common theme, it is belief without evidence of proof.

Well it is your definition of a faith. You cannot generalize it for everyone. However, what may seem as a logical evidence for me may not appear as the same to you. Theory of relativity refers here. To you, it may be a fable that Jesus (PBUH) was given powers to bring dead people back to life. To many of us, it is The Proof. Let us agree to disagree here.

Vitamin_C

Quranic verse commanding jizya
Chapter 9 verse 29 http://www.quranx.com/9.29

Commentary by Ibn Kathir on jizya verse
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2566&Itemid=64

I cannot find the English version of the Tafsir on this verse by Al-Razi, its only available in Arabic on the Altafsir website. I had my Iraqi friend translate it for me its in the comments above, the one which gives detail on how one must be humiliated while paying Jizya.

Story of Muslims forcing Amazighs paying jizya to sell their women and children to help pay for the jizya The Origins of the Islamic State volume 1 pages 353-354
https://archive.org/stream/originsofislamic02albauoft#page/352/mode/2up

(Arabic) Muslims can kill or enslave those who don't pay the jizya Detailed in volume 7 page 139 of fiqh encyclopaedia
https://ia802607.us.archive.org/15/items/mawsoat_fikh_pdfbook_ara/mfk07.pdf

Now I need the specific reference here.... which chapter and what verse and what translation are you reading here?

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Spirituality can mean many different things, you can use it to refer to personal growth, meditation and mental health etc... all of which are very important and can be done without the need for organized religions. Organized religions, anywhere in the world, when scrutinized from a closer lens have turned out to be fraud schemes run by con men to gain money, power and women (or young boys). Whether it is Jospeh Smith or Ted Haggard.

Spirituality is also very important!

Vitamin_C

Knowledge does not come from Quran, it comes from evidence based study of the world around us. Quran only has information that was known by desert beduins in 6th century Arabia, it does not include things that were unknown to the Arabs but had already been discovered by Greeks hundreds of years prior, also the book is full of superstitious Arab, Egyptian, Jewish myths.

If you read it cover to cover and try to understand it, it will be very clear to you that who ever wrote it didn't care much about knowledge or science but valued superstition. This can also be seen in Muslim contribution to science compared to other countries, Muslims are the most superstitious where as West and Jews have attained over 90% of nobel prizes in sciences. We shun knowledge, science and technology and view it with suspicion and openly accept superstition.

When you say Quran is the only source of knowledge end of topic... It sums up our mentality very well. We have closed the doors of our own brains and refuse to open them. Where as the West continued on their discoveries. If they believed that God made the world end of topic, they wouldn't have tried to solve the mysteries of the beginning of the universe, they wouldn't have discovered big bang, if they didn't discover big bang, they wouldn't have discovered cosmic background radiation, if they did not discover cosmic background radiation then we probably would not have discovered wifi and you probably wouldn't be here on your computer. Don't tell me that knowledge for wifi and computer technology came from Quran therefore we shouldn't do any study of the world around us at all.

Sceince depend only on Ilm aur Ilm ka centre puri Qainat main ek hi he Al-Quran jab tak aap is k circle me reh kar Ilm haasil nahi karain ge you discussed and discussed with out end..................so please Ignore the all media because in reality all sceintist know very well about the own knowlodge and human knowlodge is always have some dark hole...............Best is read and understand The Quran pur Hikmat..............................end the Topic

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Knowledge does not come from Quran, it comes from evidence based study of the world around us. Quran only has information that was known by desert beduins in 6th century Arabia, it does not include things that were unknown to the Arabs but had already been discovered by Greeks hundreds of years prior, also the book is full of superstitious Arab, Egyptian, Jewish myths.

If you read it cover to cover and try to understand it, it will be very clear to you that who ever wrote it didn't care much about knowledge or science but valued superstition. This can also be seen in Muslim contribution to science compared to other countries, Muslims are the most superstitious where as West and Jews have attained over 90% of nobel prizes in sciences. We shun knowledge, science and technology and view it with suspicion and openly accept superstition.

When you say Quran is the only source of knowledge end of topic... It sums up our mentality very well. We have closed the doors of our own brains and refuse to open them. Where as the West continued on their discoveries. If they believed that God made the world end of topic, they wouldn't have tried to solve the mysteries of the beginning of the universe, they wouldn't have discovered big bang, if they didn't discover big bang, they wouldn't have discovered cosmic background radiation, if they did not discover cosmic background radiation then we probably would not have discovered wifi and you probably wouldn't be here on your computer. Don't tell me that knowledge for wifi and computer technology came from Quran therefore we shouldn't do any study of the world around us at all.
Bro................I think in excitement you forgate or missed some thing..............I said Ilm and not Knowledge...............I hope now you follow what I mean..................
and you are right 100%

When you say Quran is the only source of knowledge end of topic... It sums up our mentality very well. We have closed the doors of our own brains and refuse to open them.
Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Qul yaa ayyuhal kaafiruun
Laa ‘abudu maa t’abuduun
Walaa antum ‘aabidunna maa a’abud
Walaa ana ‘aabidun maa ‘abadttum
Walaa antum ‘aabiduuna maa a’abud
Lakum deenukum wa liya deen

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Say: Oh you who turn away
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
Your way is yours, and my way is mine.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

‘Ilm (Arabic: علم‎ "knowledge") is the Islamic term for knowledge.

Bro................I think in excitement you forgate or missed some thing..............I said Ilm and not Knowledge...............I hope now you follow what I mean..................

Sohail Shuja

Quranic verse commanding jizya
Chapter 9 verse 29 http://www.quranx.com/9.29

Now here what I wanted to see was where does Quran say to humiliate a person while taking Jizya. It is clearly not there. Even if you take the true word of it mentioned in Quran, the word is "Saaghiroon", which eventually mean one who is lesser in number/ stature. Here it clearly means the ones who are lesser in power and are under rule. So Jizya is to be taken from the non-muslims when they are under the rule of a Muslim state. There should not be any ambiguity in that. mind you that "Sagheer" is also a name of Allah (SWT) and therefore it is not right to translate it as being one who is belittled or humiliated. It only means one who is minor

For your instance on Quran being insistent on humiliating and killing non-muslims, let us just see these Verses of Quran as well which are well under-rated by the propagandists

"Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

Al-Quran, Chapter 60, Verse 8 and 9.
Reference: https://quran.com/60

Now, do you understand in which case a Muslim is ordered to fight a non-muslim? It is for the self defense. For those who do not harm, Allah (SWT) ordains a muslim to return a good deed with even a better one. Period.

Commentary by Ibn Kathir on jizya verse
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2566&Itemid=64

I cannot find the English version of the Tafsir on this verse by Al-Razi, its only available in Arabic on the Altafsir website. I had my Iraqi friend translate it for me its in the comments above, the one which gives detail on how one must be humiliated while paying Jizya.

To my knowledge, Fakhar-ud-Din Al- Razi argued that
Capture.jpg

Reference: Jane Dammen McAuliffe, "Fakhr al-Din al-Razi on Ayat al-Jizya and Ayat al-Sayf," in Conversion and Continuity: Indigenous Christian Communities in Islamic Lands, Eight to Eighteenth Centuries, eds. Michael Gervers and Ramzi Jibran Bikhazi (Toronto: Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, 1990), pp. 103–19.
Source: Religious Pluralism and Islamic Law: Dhimmis and Others in the Empire of Law (Page 75)
Oxford Islamic Legal Studies
Google books link: Click here

Story of Muslims forcing Amazighs paying jizya to sell their women and children to help pay for the jizya The Origins of the Islamic State volume 1 pages 353-354
https://archive.org/stream/originsofislamic02albauoft#page/352/mode/2up
Now be very accurate with your words here. Muslims did not FORCE anyone to sell their children, the text says that
Capture.jpg

The description is explicitly using the word "Desired". As, in those ages, slaves were a commodity, so they were exchanged for valuables. However, there was nothing as "Forcing anyone to sell their children in slavery without their consent". So much to say?

(Arabic) Muslims can kill or enslave those who don't pay the jizya Detailed in volume 7 page 139 of fiqh encyclopaedia
https://ia802607.us.archive.org/15/items/mawsoat_fikh_pdfbook_ara/mfk07.pdf

Well, Arabic of that sort is all greek to me, as it is to you :)
So why don't we consider something in the ' lingua franca ' ?
According to Mark R. Cohen, the Quran itself does not prescribe humiliating treatment for the dhimmi when paying Jizya, but some later Muslims interpreted it to contain "an equivocal warrant for debasing the dhimmi (non-Muslim) through a degrading method of remission".[156] In contrast, the 13th century hadith scholar and Shafi'ite jurist Al-Nawawī, comments on those who would impose a humiliation along with the paying of the jizya, stating, "As for this aforementioned practice, I know of no sound support for it in this respect, and it is only mentioned by the scholars of Khurasan. The majority of scholars say that the jizya is to be taken with gentleness, as one would receive a debt. The reliably correct opinion is that this practice is invalid and those who devised it should be refuted. It is not related that the Prophet or any of the rightly-guided caliphs did any such thing when collecting the jizya. Ibn Qudamah also rejected this practice and noted that Muhammad and the Rashidun caliphs encouraged that jizya be collected with gentleness and kindness.

The Maliki scholar Al-Qurtubi states, "their punishment in case of non-payment [of jizya] while they were able [to do so] is permitted, however if their inability to pay it was clear then it isn't lawful to punish them, since if one isn't able to pay the jizya then he is exempted".[161] According to Abu Yusuf, jurist of the fifth Abbasid CaliphHarun al-Rashid, those who didn't pay jizya should be imprisoned and not be let out of custody until payment, however, the collectors of the jizya were instructed to show leniency, and avoid corporal punishment in case of non-payment.[142] If someone had agreed to pay jizya, leaving Muslim territory for enemy land was, in theory, punishable by enslavement if they were ever captured. This punishment did not apply if the person had suffered injustices from Muslims.[162]

Failure to pay the jizya was commonly punished by house arrest and some legal authorities allowed enslavement of dhimmis for non-payment of taxes. In South Asia, for example, seizure of dhimmi families upon their failure to pay annual jizya was one of the two significant sources of slaves sold in the slave markets of Delhi Sultanate and Mughal era
Source: Wikipedia Article on Jizya

Now you cannot annex a practice of enslaving the families of dhimmis in case of non-payment, in only one particular era and only in one particular place to be the general practice prescribed by Islam. I can take only the responsibility of Islamic teachings, not of all the muslims and how they behaved/interpreted or practiced upon the teachings of Islam. Same is true for Nazis -- I cannot state that their practice of holocaust could be the general practice of every Christian. Now, do you have anything else to say in this regard?

Last edited:

Sohail Shuja

Truth is not subjective and reality is the same for everyone. If we are both in boat basin Karachi then it cannot be the case that it is raining for me and not for you, it is either raining or it's not, both cannot be true. Similarly Jesus story is a claim which also needs to be proved, you may chose to believe it on faith without requiring evidence.

It is subjective, as you have yourself put in conditions here that BOTH of Us are at boat basin Karachi, at the same place and same time. This defines our frame of reference towards an observation. If any of these conditions change, then our truths and realities will be different. Same is true for the story of Jesus Christ (PBUH). If you are not at the level of my understanding, knowledge and experience, then your frame of reference is different than mine. Is that hard to grasp?

But Faith as we have established is not a pathway to truth, it's a pathway to ignorance and gullibility. Hindus use the same faith to believe in Lord Krishna that you use to believe in Jesus. The evidence for both is equally weak if it even exists at all.
What if we see it the other way round? truth is the pathway to faith, as we have established. OK, if I take your argument for the sake of the discussion that my evidence of believing in Jesus Christ (PBUH) is weak, then do you have a stronger evidence to disprove/disregard my belief? I bet yours would be weaker than mine. Try it...

It is not my definition of faith, it is the definition agreed upon by linguists world wide. That is another matter that most people don't know what faith means and think of it as a thing to be proud of. It's a shame.

Some people have other definitions for faith. For example the hope that if enough people believe in something that it might actually become true... there are many others but they all have a common theme, it is belief without evidence of proof.

My dear, if we dig into the reality and truth of things, the generally accepted laws of gravitation, as defined by Newton were taken as correct by the physicists all around the world. However, only Einstein said they are not correct and he gave his own theory of gravitation. Then everyone said that what Einstein says is correct, but since his laws were complex, therefore we still read the Newtonian theory of gravitation and derive our formulas out of it.

Eventually, until the recent times, when we got our head into the particle physics and went on to the level of quantum mechanics, we found out that the Einstein's theory of gravitation does not work on particle level. So what good is the generalists theory of gravitation and their definition? We still do not know what is gravitation and how it works, but we still have satellites out there in the orbits, which are designed based on Newtonian physics. Hell enough to understand here about the general definitions.

Similarly, the definition of faith can not be generalized for everyone as the same. If people are saying today that faith is a blind alley, I and many others like me might not agree to it. Let us have our freedom of thought here. For people like me, faith is an enlightened path. For somethings, we can understand and explain, for somethings, we may not have a reasonable explanation yet, just like gravity, but we know it exists, it is true, it is only our limitation of time, space and ability to apprehend things which bars us from giving reasons of everything. However, as human knowledge and understanding is not absolute and keeps on evolving, then may be at some other point in time, we may be able to explain what we cannot do so now. e.g.
[Quran 32.5] (Allah) Rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the Earth. Then this affair travels to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.

For a person who was born 100 years ago, this would have been nothing easy to understand, but as for now, when we know about the speed of light and time dilation, we can certainly define with reason that what Allah (SWT) means in the above quoted verse. Got my point? Likewise there are many other things which may not seem explainable at this point in time, but may be in the future, when the human knowledge further evolves and culminates into a support of our faith.

Vitamin_C

It is subjective, as you have yourself put in conditions here that BOTH of Us are at boat basin Karachi, at the same place and same time. This defines our frame of reference towards an observation. If any of these conditions change, then our truths and realities will be different. Same is true for the story of Jesus Christ (PBUH). If you are not at the level of my understanding, knowledge and experience, then your frame of reference is different than mine. Is that hard to grasp?

Well even if I am in defence and someone claims that it is raining in Boat Basin, I can still confirm it by driving to Boat Basin and observing it myself. Also we can verify the pavements on Boat Basin and find traces of water to confirm it or check how dry they are. We live in the same reality, it cannot be the case Jesus is a prophet in your reality and not in mine, either he did miracles or he did not and we can verify it together with the evidence.

Personal experiences or testimony are not evidence unless they can be independently verified. If you tell me that you were in a cave and you saw an arch angel and no one else was there to see it. There is no way for me to tell whether you actually saw it, or your having a psychogenic episode or you are on hallucinogenic drug like many spiritual people have been doing for last few thousand years.

What if we see it the other way round? truth is the pathway to faith, as we have established. OK, if I take your argument for the sake of the discussion that my evidence of believing in Jesus Christ (PBUH) is weak, then do you have a stronger evidence to disprove/disregard my belief? I bet yours would be weaker than mine. Try it...
I did not say that, my statement is that faith is not a pathway to truth, evidence is. Faith is not based on evidence. If you want to find the truth you have to follow the evidence. Muslims believe in Allah based on faith, Hindus believe in Krishna based on faith. They both cannot be true in the same reality.

As for your request to disprove your belief, Ask me about this in your reply later on and I will share information with you as there is a consensus amongst Historians is that Jesus was not an actual person but a mix of different myths and legends put together by pagans. There is a reason why I am not directly disproving Jesus in this reply and that is, I want to make sure that you understand that you are making a logical fallacy here called Shifting of the Burden of Proof. (hyperlinked)

Let me explain. As a rational person, you must always have a valid justification for your beliefs and it is the person who is believing who should provide the evidence not the person who is disbelieving. For example if I say I am superman, the burden of proof is on me to prove it, not on you to disprove it. Another example, in this unimaginably large universe, I bet no one can disprove there is a pink unicorn flying around in space (Its impossible to search every part of the universe to confirm there is no unicorn), but just because we cant disprove it doesn't mean it exists. This is why the burden of proof is on the person making the claim not on the one rejecting it. However if you want to talk about Jesus you can request me to start another comment about it as it will get long.

My dear, if we dig into the reality and truth of things, the generally accepted laws of gravitation, as defined by Newton were taken as correct by the physicists all around the world. However, only Einstein said they are not correct and he gave his own theory of gravitation. Then everyone said that what Einstein says is correct, but since his laws were complex, therefore we still read the Newtonian theory of gravitation and derive our formulas out of it.

Eventually, until the recent times, when we got our head into the particle physics and went on to the level of quantum mechanics, we found out that the Einstein's theory of gravitation does not work on particle level. So what good is the generalists theory of gravitation and their definition? We still do not know what is gravitation and how it works, but we still have satellites out there in the orbits, which are designed based on Newtonian physics. Hell enough to understand here about the general definitions.
Einstein and Newton being wrong is actually an argument in favour of science, not against it. When someone corrects scientists, they reward him and they update their knowledge accordingly, when someone corrects a religious person he gets beheaded. Science is based on the best known evidence we have, as our knowledge progresses we update our theories. Im not sure if it has ever happened that a theory got overturned, but in rare cases when new evidence arise, theories get modified. Theory of relativity was modified by Einstein when his observation of the Static universe was proven wrong by the expanding universe model.

Similarly, the definition of faith can not be generalized for everyone as the same. If people are saying today that faith is a blind alley, I and many others like me might not agree to it. Let us have our freedom of thought here. For people like me, faith is an enlightened path. For somethings, we can understand and explain, for somethings, we may not have a reasonable explanation yet, just like gravity, but we know it exists, it is true, it is only our limitation of time, space and ability to apprehend things which bars us from giving reasons of everything. However, as human knowledge and understanding is not absolute and keeps on evolving, then may be at some other point in time, we may be able to explain what we cannot do so now. e.g.

Many religious people that I talk to never define faith and almost every person I talk to has his own definition. In simple words define what the meaning of faith is to you and why do you believe something based on it? I want to get a better understanding of where you are coming from.

For a person who was born 100 years ago, this would have been nothing easy to understand, but as for now, when we know about the speed of light and time dilation, we can certainly define with reason that what Allah (SWT) means in the above quoted verse. Got my point? Likewise there are many other things which may not seem explainable at this point in time, but may be in the future, when the human knowledge further evolves and culminates into a support of our faith.
Trying to find the right words here to put it. There is a reason why I said religion thrives in ignorance. This statement has nothing to do with you and I do not mean it in a degrading manner. Ignorance is simply missing knowledge or information about a topic. There are many things that science had not answered thousands of years ago and there existed this ignorance in these issues, they included, how sun rises or sets, how earth quakes happen, how droughts happen, how the world came into existence, how big is the world.

Human beings are pattern seeking animals, when we cannot provide an answer to something we make something up just to deal with that pesky cognitive dissonance in our minds. They made up stuff like a bull balancing the earth on its horns and earthquake happens when it switches horns. droughts happen because of homosexuality. There are people in this forum claiming that storm in Makkah recently happened because of sins of Muslims and few years back an earthquake was blamed on a Canadian couple for taking topless pictures and they were arrested in Malaysia for causing the earthquake.

Every time we make a scientific discovery, big bang, evolution, the actual scale of the universe, lack of evidence for free will, no historic evidence for existence of Christ or Moses. Religion loses one belief after another. Recently the Pope changed the position of the Catholic church on Adam and Eve and said they were only metaphors and not actual people because Evolution disproved the existence of Adam. How many more things do we believe because of religion that will later be made redundant as our knowledge increases? It seems that knowledge and religious beliefs are at odds with each other. Religion thrives in ignorance, check any fact, the poorest countries, countries with lowest IQ etc are more religious in every scientific study that measured this. Although I admit that correlation does not imply causation, but those facts should still raise questions for us.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Now here what I wanted to see was where does Quran say to humiliate a person while taking Jizya. It is clearly not there. Even if you take the true word of it mentioned in Quran, the word is "Saaghiroon", which eventually mean one who is lesser in number/ stature. Here it clearly means the ones who are lesser in power and are under rule. So Jizya is to be taken from the non-muslims when they are under the rule of a Muslim state. There should not be any ambiguity in that. mind you that "Sagheer" is also a name of Allah (SWT) and therefore it is not right to translate it as being one who is belittled or humiliated. It only means one who is minor

For your instance on Quran being insistent on humiliating and killing non-muslims, let us just see these Verses of Quran as well which are well under-rated by the propagandists

This is the verse we are talking about... I will use a milder translation to be fair which uses the least aggressive language in this verse.

Sahih Intl 9:29
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Heres my thoughts after reading this. There is a huge list of what Muslims have made unlawful, this includes anal sex, sex before marriage, alcohol, eating pork. I am sure most Pakistans have done at-least one of those, I am not going to speculate on which one but by definition majority of Pakistan's population is liable to pay Jizya.
Also extorting money based on a persons belief system or opinion is not a moral code to live by for any country in this day and age.
In the last part it talks about being humbled this is translated avs being subjudicated or humiliated.

Following is Tafsir al Jalalayn for the last part that I just talked about
"from among of those who min ‘from’ explains the previous alladhīna ‘those who’ have been given the Scripture namely the Jews and the Christians until they pay the jizya tribute the annual tax imposed them readily ‘an yadin is a circumstantial qualifier meaning ‘compliantly’ or ‘by their own hands’ not delegating it to others to pay being subdued being made submissive and compliant to the authority of Islam."

Again this Tafsir says similar things about subjudication as the one by al-Razi although Razi goes into more detail on how you should grab the Dhimmies beard when he is paying Jizya.

To my knowledge, Fakhar-ud-Din Al- Razi argued that
Capture.jpg

I do not claim either that Muslims were evil minions of satins who grabbed the beards of Dhimmies for their own crooked entertainment.
"Humiliation or subordination may be unavoidable, but they were not the principal aim or purpose of the rules"

You can tell people to come pay tax in person and on foot, then grab their beards and ask for the money, they pull them away by the scruffs of the neck and then justify it by saying it was for noble cause in the big picture.

But lets be honest here, there are many other ways to convert people to Islam for example using arguments, reasoning and leading by example, lets agree as civilized human beings that treated humans and minorities with disrespect and humiliation to get them to convert should not be on this list.

Now be very accurate with your words here. Muslims did not FORCE anyone to sell their children, the text says that
Capture.jpg

The description is explicitly using the word "Desired". As, in those ages, slaves were a commodity, so they were exchanged for valuables. However, there was nothing as "Forcing anyone to sell their children in slavery without their consent". So much to say?

Just turn the page over to 354 and read that it explicitly has a quote which says you have to sell your women and children to pay Jizya.

If you tell someone to pay them or else they will chop your head off, how is that not forced. Imagine someone holding a gun to your head and says you may sell any of your kids that you desire and give me the money from it and I will let you go. And then you say oh looked he is giving them an option to pick which ever sons he wishes to sell therefore its not force. I mean really?

Suppose Israel imposes a tax tomorrow on Palestinians living in West Bank because they are not Jewish, and the offer is either you sell one of your kids to come up with the money or your heads on the gates of East Jerusalem... What do you think will be the reaction of international media on this? Is this a model for humans to follow for the rest of human history?

Well, Arabic of that sort is all greek to me, as it is to you :)
So why don't we consider something in the ' lingua franca ' ?

Source: Wikipedia Article on Jizya

Sorry many of these sources I could only find in Arabic. My mothers first language is Arabic so I can ask her to translate it for me what I cannot understand by myself. You can try to translate it online or ask friends. Unfortunately, I have come across this many times will researching Islamic history that I cannot find English versions of famous historic sources.

Now you cannot annex a practice of enslaving the families of dhimmis in case of non-payment, in only one particular era and only in one particular place to be the general practice prescribed by Islam. I can take only the responsibility of Islamic teachings, not of all the muslims and how they behaved/interpreted or practiced upon the teachings of Islam. Same is true for Nazis -- I cannot state that their practice of holocaust could be the general practice of every Christian. Now, do you have anything else to say in this regard?

We can argue what Muslims in different Eras did does not define Islam and I will let you have this. But we cannot argue that what Muhammad did during his Era is also not representative of Islam.

Here is an example Muhammad attacking the unsuspecting city of Khyber, taking it by force and enforcing Jizya of 50% of the produce of the town.
From the Sira: https://archive.org/stream/TheLifeO...Life_Of_Mohammed_Guillaume#page/n281/mode/1up

Sahih Hadith on the forceful take over of Khaiber
It has been narrated on the authority of Anas that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) raided Khaibar. "One morning we offered prayers in the darkness of early dawn (near Khaibar). Then the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) mounted (his horse). Abu Talha mounted his and I mounted behind Abu Talha on the same horse. The Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) rode through the streets of Khaibar and (I rode so close to him) that my knee touched the thigh of the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ). The wrapper got aside from his thigh, and I could see its whiteness(WTF?). When he entered the town, he said:
God is Great. Khaibar shall face destruction. When we descend in the city-square of a people, it is a bad day for them who have been warned (and have not taken heed). He said these words thrice. The people of the town had just come out from (their houses) to go about their jobs. They said (in surprise): Muhammad has come. We captured Khaibar by force."

You can see people of Khaiber farming and minding their own business and were completely taken by surprise.

haroon619

Citizen
Retards who are paid to spread cherry-picked information. Anyone who goes to prison is also a slave according to your system in US. Go back to the shitful of London and Spain that exisited before Muslims invaded and cleaned your whole country. Learn how dirty you guys were before coming herer and trying to dismay the muslim ummah. You are always afraid of us. Because muslims together are the most powerful and bold. We are also the reason you have internet and a mobile phone. Nothing of this would be possible without algebra.