Are we dreaming, waiting to wake up?

Jack Squire

MPA (400+ posts)

I often wonder whether this life is indeed a dream -- from which we will wake up after we die?
If you think about it -- when we dream -- it feels real, we are unable to comprehend WHILE IN the dream, that it is a dream... Only when we wake up, do we realize that it is a dream.... What if life is indeed a dream -- and we're waiting to wake up after we die to reap the rewards/punishment of our actions in this world.....

For indeed Allah SWT creates creation that enables us humans to make sense of the world around us --- for example, clouds to pour rain, even though Allah SWT can simply say kun-fa-ya-kun and rain will start pouring irregardless of the presence of clouds, perhaps similarly dreams (which scientists don't understand to this day) is a means to an end? Just food for thought....

Being a man of science, Its interesting that Elon Musk seems to align with this idea that perhaps we are in a simulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In Islam there is no comparison of dream to this life cause one is not responsible for his actions in his dreams but one will be rewarded or punished for his actions in this life after the day of judgement.

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Dreams never understand by science till date..they don't have any answers scientifically.. Some time.. humane see the dreams like it's happening in real..Khwabo ki Kuch hikmat aur logic ha.. isi lia Ambiya Akram as ko Khwabo Ka Elam ata Kiya gia..

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
For Muslims to indulge in such nonsense is shocking. We already know the ultimate truth. That we are here for a short while, die, be raised up and held accountable, with final and everlasting abode in hell or heaven. Whether this is dream or reality, popcorn or chicken Bihari, does it make any difference? It is not befitting for a Muslim to discuss this

Jack Squire

MPA (400+ posts)
For Muslims to indulge in such nonsense is shocking. We already know the ultimate truth. That we are here for a short while, die, be raised up and held accountable, with final and everlasting abode in hell or heaven. Whether this is dream or reality, popcorn or chicken Bihari, does it make any difference? It is not befitting for a Muslim to discuss this
lolz... I know -- i am not questioning Islamic teachings -- rather pondering on the creation of Allah SWT.... You do know that we are not forbidden to ponder right... unless we begin to question the commands of Allah which I am not doing at all....
Just a discussion you guys.....