Animation Of PIA Crash Karachi | Here's What Really Happened to Flight 8303

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Although its not 100% accurate of the events but it gives a decent visulization. Things that it got wrong, the plane bounced 3 times on the tarmac.

Also interesting were some of the comments.

"They were coming in too high, too fast, and their concentration was on rectifying THAT without having to go around. They didn't go through the landing checklist, and they didn't notice that they had no gear. As you say, they'd have informed the Tower and declared and emergency, OR aborted the approach and initiated a go-around at that stage. They hit the runway nearly a mile from the threshold, bounce-scraping three times, before they realised they had no gear. If you've belly-landed, then you just go with that, and take the burn of a reprimand afterwards. You DON'T attempt a go-around after you've trashed your engines. Going around, the Tower clears them for ILS 25L once again, and asks 'Assume you want a belly-landing?'. ATC wasn't sure because the crew had said NOTHING at all about gear problems, but the Tower had presumably SEEN the first attempt, and wouldn't ever imagine that they'd just forgotten to put the gear down."

And this one is disturbing to say the least!

"in 29 years working as Air Traffic Controller, I lost count of the number of pilots coming in to land with the gear up. Despite all the warnings. It's amazingly frequent. "

I know I fly simulations all the times, and I actually do forget to lower gear and the very second a warning will remind me but that is because I thought I'm just alone and not like in an actual cockpit with 2 crew, where one flys the plane the other handles, radio, checklists and everything else.

I agree with the 1st comment the crew became fixated on making the landing at any cost to avoid any delay as I have mentioned in one earlier threads there is a term called get there-itis used in aviation in which the pilot will do everything in his power to land at first attempt due to anything from him wanting to end his shift and or pressure from management to cut delays at any cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminator.

Voter (50+ posts)
ایک سفارشی اور نالائق پائیلٹ کی کلاسیکل مثال

عالمی تحقیقاتی اداروں کا کہنا ہے، کہ
پی آئی اے کا بیشتر عملہ پی آئی اے کے سابقہ قُلی
مشاہد اللہ کا منتخب کردہ ہے، اور بیشتر رائے ونڈ کے محل
میں جھوٹے برتن اپنی زبان سے صاف کرتے تھے

نوار-زرداری کے دورِ اقتدار میں
پی آئی اے میں سفارشیوں کا ایک فوج ظفرِ موج بھرتی ہوا

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
ایک سفارشی اور نالائق پائیلٹ کی کلاسیکل مثال

عالمی تحقیقاتی اداروں کا کہنا ہے، کہ
پی آئی اے کا بیشتر عملہ پی آئی اے کے سابقہ قُلی
مشاہد اللہ کا منتخب کردہ ہے، اور بیشتر رائے ونڈ کے محل
میں جھوٹے برتن اپنی زبان سے صاف کرتے تھے

نوار-زرداری کے دورِ اقتدار میں
پی آئی اے میں سفارشیوں کا ایک فوج ظفرِ موج بھرتی ہوا

I already explained to you, this has nothing to do with the crash, the pilot was well experienced. Lets try to be factual here instead of the usual rhetoric

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
They may have initiated and committed to the go-around before scraping the deck
A go around is seconds before touch down a pilot decides its not safe to touch down and initiates a go around maneuver, its a split second decision

This is what a go around looks like

You don't come in established on ILS 10mls out saying yeah I'm going to do a go around at 50 ft above runway threshold.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
What utter Nonsense A kid is making animation using Video games !
That is where you brain needs correction, look up something before you start to fart out of your mouth,

Its a flight simulation developed by Lockheed Martin ( I'm sure your dumbass doesn't even know what that is ) with accurately modeled planes in co-operation with Boeing and Airbus and accurate down to the last dot and this is used to train actual pilots.

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
That is where you brain needs correction, look up something before you start to fart out of your mouth,

Its a flight simulation developed by Lockheed Martin ( I'm sure your dumbass doesn't even know what that is ) with accurately modeled planes in co-operation with Boeing and Airbus and accurate down to the last dot and this is used to train actual pilots.
Have you checked the date stamp of the video?? It was done without proper invstigation & facts.
He admits (Youtuber) in comments video section the infomation is NOT accurate..whos the dumb ass??

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Have you checked the date stamp of the video?? It was done without proper invstigation & facts.
He admits (Youtuber) in comments video section the infomation is NOT accurate..whos the dumb ass??
Don't back peddle, that wasn't the cause of your original "objection" everybody knowns anything anyone says right now including the authorities is no where conclusive and involves a lot of guesswork, as you rightly said the uploader of this video openly admitted this too.

Your objection was "What utter Nonsense A kid is making animation using Video games"I just replied in a similar tone, this is anything but a "video game"

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
This youtuber is just imaginary & wishful thinking.
He is Not even Flight Aeronuatical agency approved??
Anybody can make video gaming video?

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Don't back peddle, that wasn't the cause of your original "objection" everybody knowns anything anyone says right now including the authorities is no where conclusive and involves a lot of guesswork, as you rightly said the uploader of this video openly admitted this too.

Your objection was "What utter Nonsense A kid is making animation using Video games"I just replied in a similar tone, this is anything but a "video game"
Man you sitting on forums contradicting everyone too much.
The tone of your response on Pakistani forums display your self hatred.
You are nothing but a over grown self who does not know where current technology trends in gaming are ??

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
1. The didn't inform control tower so they can visually confirm whether landing gear is down or not.
2. After taking off again they pretend as if nothing happened. Instead of planning emergency landing they go again for ILS 25.
3. They had opportunity to dump the aircraft in an empty ground next to runway but instead opted to line up for runway despite losing engines.
4. Model Town Colony should be vacated and clear, how is residential area allowed right next to runway.
5. This is why I am big proponent of critical thinking and logic/reasoning being taught in Pakistani schools. We are too high on opium of hope and prayers.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Alright cut the crap. The video is made today and he said that he made it using the best available information he has. Stop being toxic.

This youtuber is just imaginary & wishful thinking.
He is Not even Flight Aeronuatical agency approved??
Anybody can make video gaming video?

Gujjar1

Minister (2k+ posts)
What utter Nonsense A kid is making animation using Video games without consultation and facts on the ground ! This is what any tom, dick & harry can assume from internet - garbage!
This is no kid its ”the flight channel” And guy really do alot of research before making animations, you can watch his other videos as well including blie air crash, boja air crash, hudson lake landing etc and he also share usefull links like you can listen to airtrafik controllers live around tje world plus the recordings.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Man you sitting on forums contradicting everyone too much.
The tone of your response on Pakistani forums display your self hatred.
You are nothing but a over grown self who does not know where current technology trends in gaming are ??
Totally irrelevant BS. When out of arguments resort of ad hominem attacks.

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Totally irrelevant BS. When out of arguments resort of ad hominem attacks.
I am just reflecting on your sad time passed on forums.

You were sitting thinking too much when you found or happen to stumble on youtuber link & decided this was the scientific analyses when its only a youtuber - instead of being creative and producing your own content which you clearly lack.