Agree with Harsimrat Badal, 'googly' analogy from SMQ was uncalled for and in bad taste...

desan

President (40k+ posts)
A day after Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi claimed that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s “googly” had forced Indian government to engage with Pakistan on Kartarpur Corridor, senior Akali Dal leader and Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Friday said there is no space for ‘one-upmanship’ on the issue.

“Going to Sri Kartarpur Sahib was matter of faith for me. Indulging in one-upmanship on this sacred issue is uncalled for,” Ms Badal wrote in a Tweet.

She asserted: “No one was bowled over by any googly” – reference to Mr Qureshi’s remarks.Ms Badal – herself a Sikh – contended that Prime Minister Modi and ministers “have only respected sentiments of Sikhs by authoring and participating in this noble initiative”.

From the Indian side, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone for the newly-announced Dera Baba Nanak-Kartarpur Sahib road corridor in Gurdaspur district’s Mann village on Monday.

The project corridor is to be developed by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and will be funded by Government of India. The project corridor is four lane with service road and all other appropriate amenities for pilgrims intending to visit Gurudwara Darbar Sahib, Kartarpur in Pakistan.

The decision to build up a suitable corridor was cleared by the Union Cabinet in its meeting presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

On November 28, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan laid the foundation stone of the corridor in Pakistani side in presence of Union Ministers Ms Badal and Hardeep Singh Puri.”Imran delivered a ‘googly’ and India sent two ministers to Pakistan,” Mr Qureshi said on Thursday referring to the presence of Union ministers Harsimrat Kaur Badal and Hardeep Singh Puri at Kartarpur on November 28 function.

Mr Qureshi also recalled that it was the same government of India which has cancelled his meeting with Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).

Moreover, Mr Qureshi’s remarks came close on the heels of External Affairs Minister Ms Swaraj categorically ruling out India reviving formal talks with Pakistan.

Ms Swaraj also has said that Kartarpur development should not be linked to formal engagement between India and Pakistan and that Islamabad needs to take convincing actions against terrorism in that country.

http://www.centralchronicle.com/har...flays-pak-for-one-upmanship-on-kartarpur.html

ASQR1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ajmal Kasab has been proved to Indian , so why india instead of being shameful keeps repeating about Terrorism, Other terrorist such as Afzal Guru was a Kashmiri and was the one who attacked Indian parliament, about Pathankot Pakistan WAS INVITED TO COME And investigate but were stopped from thorough investigations. So Pakistan vigorously should inform the world about this truth and not be intimidated by India./,

Wazz

Councller (250+ posts)
Uthana ka shauk ghar pe rakh k aain, everyone knows it was great diplomacy by the IK govt with elections next year but when you are representing the govt you don't say such things out loud.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
What damage has it caused? Oh, he's damaged the excellent relationship the Indian government has been working so hard to build with Pakistan.
/sarcasm
Pakistani PM trying to fix the relationships which you mentioned above and For the sake of TC SQM used wrong words.

PakistanRoshanMustaqbil

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pakistani PM trying to fix the relationships which you mentioned above and For the sake of TC SQM used wrong words.
If you actually believe that the Indian government is even remotely interested in "fixing" it's relationship with Pakistan then I have some prime seafront property for sale in Lahore which you can have very cheaply.

ImRaaN

I have noticed our government and ministers are very casual about important issues and jo moo mein aata hai bol daytay hein, including IK.
1105923076-1.jpg

Steyn

Ajmal Kasab has been proved to Indian , so why india instead of being shameful keeps repeating about Terrorism, Other terrorist such as Afzal Guru was a Kashmiri and was the one who attacked Indian parliament, about Pathankot Pakistan WAS INVITED TO COME And investigate but were stopped from thorough investigations. So Pakistan vigorously should inform the world about this truth and not be intimidated by India./,

Pakistan is a terrorist state, there is no doubt about it.

In karachi, they are trained. So India isn't wrong when they say that Pakistan is a terrorist nation.

The reason for this is because America, Israel, India and China all together trained terrorists, i mean Mujahideens to destroy soviet Union. Those Mujahideens are now today's terrorists.

Don't be offended by India saying we're terrorists, we are. I am a Pakistani and imagine my surprise when i saw talibans sleeping in bed with our military.

The only victim is the poor, always has been and always will be. From terrorism and from the government.

ASQR1

Pakistan is a terrorist state, there is no doubt about it.

In karachi, they are trained. So India isn't wrong when they say that Pakistan is a terrorist nation.

The reason for this is because America, Israel, India and China all together trained terrorists, i mean Mujahideens to destroy soviet Union. Those Mujahideens are now today's terrorists.

Don't be offended by India saying we're terrorists, we are. I am a Pakistani and imagine my surprise when i saw talibans sleeping in bed with our military.

The only victim is the poor, always has been and always will be. From terrorism and from the government.
give proof or stop lies, if you have roof of Talibans sleeping with Army bring the proof or stop lies.

It is people like you who said that Ajmal Kasab was Pakistani, but it took many years to prove that he was not, it was not proved by by Pakistani media but Indian media. so stop undermining our Army and see the truth.

Londonguy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Whole point of bowling a Googly. To put the enemy off-guard
Totally unexpected unwelcome unplanned unwanted unnecessary unexplained
but deadly deceptive destructive devastating demanding and detested

Steyn

give proof or stop lies, if you have roof of Talibans sleeping with Army bring the proof or stop lies.

It is people like you who said that Ajmal Kasab was Pakistani, but it took many years to prove that he was not, it was not proved by by Pakistani media but Indian media. so stop undermining our Army and see the truth.

I don't even know who ajmal kasab is or care.

Stop being an idiot and assuming things about me. Go and read the history, Pakistan trained talibans proudly for America.