After chicken farming, govt devises plan to promote kitchen gardening

Kashif Rafiq

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
SIALKOT:
The provincial agriculture department has formulated a comprehensive plan for the promotion of kitchen gardening across Punjab, Express News has learnt.

Official sources said that the plan would help create awareness among the people about the importance and utility of home grown and fresh vegetables. Under the programme, the department had already sold 0.1 million winter (Rabi) seed kits on subsidised rates across the province.

In Sialkot District, 3,200 seed kits were sold out of which 800 were sold in Daska Tehsil, 1,200 in Sialkot Tehsil, 800 in Pasrur Tehsil and 400 in Sambrial Tehsil.

The agriculture department will also hold training programmes for aspirants in schools, colleges and universities and vocational training centres in Punjab.

Under the programme, special attention would be paid on extending the sphere of kitchen gardening to semi-urban and rural parts, the sources added.

Following PM’s ‘chicken and egg’ vision, govt kicks off poultry campaign

1862265-gardeningreutersx-1544202748-784-640x480.jpg

Agriculture experts revealed that nearly one-third of the urban population in Pakistan is food insecure owing to rapid urbanisation and climate change. They added that kitchen gardening and micro-gardening techniques can help Pakistan’s urban population to reduce this threat.

They said the Punjab government had started various initiatives to promote kitchen gardening in urban areas and create awareness among the masses in this regard.

They pointed out that kitchen gardening is gaining popularity among people, especially the womenfolk. The kitchen gardening is actively attaching highest importance in the wake of upsurge in prices, malnutrition, poverty alleviation and consumption of fresh and home grown vegetables.

Experts maintained the government is providing seeds and seedlings at subsidised rates in all 36 districts of Punjab and encouraging women and youth to start kitchen gardening.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1862265/1-chicken-farming-govt-devises-plan-promote-kitchen-gardening/

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
i know many people who get 70 per cent of their vegetables/grocery through their own home garden. However, most people don't have a house to live in, what to speak of a garden?

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
GOOD PROGRAMME. JUST TELL US WHAT IS A PLAN AND B PLAN IN THIS CASE/PROGRAMME/SCHEME. IS GOVERNMENT HAS ANY INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME? WHICH DEPARTMENT WILL IMPLEMENT THIS? DO YOU MEAN AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FOR PLANTS AND VETERINAY EXTENSION FOR ANIMALS? IF SO DO THEY HAVE NECESSARRY STAFF TO GET THE PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTED? HAS GOVERNMENT GIVEN/ALLOCATED/WILL ALLOCATE ENOUGH BUDGET AND STAFF TO THESE DEPARTMENTS FOR IMPLEMENTATİON? OR THE BUDGET WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL MNA -MPA OR SENATOR? IF SO I CAN GUESS THE OUTCOME.

Last edited:

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Instead of beating about the bush to divert attention, govt should concentrate on roping the culprits and bringing back laundered money. It should also focus on plugging corruption loopholes. Chicken farming and kitchen farming are too petty a thing for a govt which has come in with a promise to bring revolutionary changes.

kakamana

Minister (2k+ posts)
well lot of us are already doing it for many a years. Believe me we are getting organic food of daily use and those living outside pakistan do know worth of organic food industry and its benefits

Dawood Magsi

Minister (2k+ posts)
GOOD PROGRAMME. JUST TELL US WHAT IS A PLAN A AND B PLAN IN THIS CASE/PROGRAMME/SCHEME. IS GOVERNMENT HAS ANY INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME? WHICH DEPARTMENT WILL IMPLEMENT THIS? DO YOU MEAN AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FOR PLANTS AND VETERINAY EXTENSION FOR ANIMALS? IF SO DO THEY HAVE NECESSARRY STAFF TO GET THE PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTED? HAS GOVERNMENT GIVEN/ALLOCATED/WILL ALLOCATE ENOUGH BUDGET AND STAFF TO THESE DEPARTMENTS FOR IMPLEMENTATİON? OR THE BUDGET WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL MNA -MPA OR SENATOR? IF SO I CAN GUESS THE OUTCOME.

what kind of infrastructure you need to grow Tamator at home ? why cant just put some seeds in Kiyaari and watch them grow ? iss k liye bhi ab govt hi help karay ?

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
what kind of infrastructure you need to grow Tamator at home ? why cant just put some seeds in Kiyaari and watch them grow ? iss k liye bhi ab govt hi help karay ?
you are correct. However, I did not demand any thing. I do not want to see crashing of this project like crashing of economy with rise of dollar in 100 d. It is government that want to give me something. I do not want that the govenment should fail. Therefore, I have posted some questions?

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

You can do that. But there is a bit more science involved.

A Pakistani ex banker from Wall Street quit his job to start this company in USA. He is having some success with it

https://tinyfarm.io/

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
who will give you seed and how ? Supply of seeds need local infrastructure and education, if u need success. You can not rely on imported seeds.

Dawood Magsi

Minister (2k+ posts)
who will give you seed and how ? Supply of seeds need local infrastructure and education, if u need success. You can not rely on imported seeds.

oh SciensDaan kisam k insan, Tamator jab khareed kar laatay ho uss k andar wo gol gol Seeds hi hotay hain Plaastuk ki goliyan nain hoteen,
issi tarah Chillies, k seends uss k andar hotay hain bohat saari daily use ki vegetables k seeds unn k andar hi Allah nain rakhay hain wo kissi khaas factories main nain bantay, ab yeh na poochh lena k mitti kahan sey millay gee.

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
oh SciensDaan kisam k insan, Tamator jab khareed kar laatay ho uss k andar wo gol gol Seeds hi hotay hain Plaastuk ki goliyan nain hoteen,
issi tarah Chillies, k seends uss k andar hotay hain bohat saari daily use ki vegetables k seeds unn k andar hi Allah nain rakhay hain wo kissi khaas factories main nain bantay, ab yeh na poochh lena k mitti kahan sey millay gee.
Since your reply is full of insanity about a topic for which you know nothing. It will not be proper for me to continue. Your comments and replies are like the replies of tahseel nazim or Haji Nargis or Sheeda talli (type people) for a lay man. So it is better to say "you are correct" I can not explain things to insane people. Be blessed and remain happy in your limited heaven. The debate is discontnued/stopped/dismissed. You will never receive any reply from me in future on any topic.

Dawood Magsi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Since your reply is full of insanity about a topic for which you know nothing. It will not be proper for me to continue. Your comments and replies are like the replies of tahseel nazim or Haji Nargis or Sheeda talli (type people) for a lay man. So it is better to say "you are correct" I can not explain things to insane people. Be blessed and remain happy in your limited heaven. The debate is discontnued/stopped/dismissed. You will never receive any reply from me in future on any topic.

Your ignorance is your punishment, happy to see you runaway with your chawwals. you dont even have any idea what the topic is about and keep posting dumb questions about it.