Afridi sacked, Misbah takes over as a captain.

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
Misbah-Afridi.jpg

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board has removed Shahid Afridi as one-day team captain for the forthcoming series against Ireland.
Chairman of the board Ijaz Butt told a media conference in Islamabad that senior batsman Misbah-ul-Haq would lead the team in the two one-day matches against Ireland on May 28 and 30.
“Afridi has been retained as a player in the one-day squad but the captaincy has gone to Misbah,” Butt said without elaborating the reason for the decision.
PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar told The Associated Press that it is the “policy of the board to appoint a captain on a series to series basis.” - DAWN

THIS IS A F_ING JOKE PCB!

Last edited by a moderator:

4ImranKhan

Voter (50+ posts)
This is really like dogs fighing

Pakistan in Ireland 2011

Misbah replaces Afridi as ODI captain

ESPNcricinfo staff
May 19, 2011
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A
Misbah-ul-Haq has been named captain of Pakistan's squad for the one-dayers against Ireland later this month, taking over from Shahid Afridi, who has been the limited-overs captain for the past year. Afridi was reported to have had a falling out with coach Waqar Younis after the one-dayers against West Indies earlier this month. There were few other surprises in the 16-man squad announced by the PCB for the two one-dayers.
Squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Younis Khan, Taufeeq Umar, Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Salman (wk), Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Tanvir Ahmed, Junaid Khan, Hammad
Azam
xinsrc33201060220527181dh7.jpg

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: AFRIDI SACEKD AS CAPTAIN - OLDY MISBAH now CAPTAIN -

I think Pakistan needs to bring new blood at the PCB head office before we try to bring new blood into the game. This old geezer is making mess of the whole game.

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I think Pakistan needs to bring new blood at the PCB head office before we try to bring new blood into the game. This old geezer is making mess of the whole game.

You should thank God that AB (All Bull*hit) have not decided to play and select himself as Captain. Considering he is very keen to do all the jobs at the PCB, like selection of Players, removal etc, and off course his biggest role of cleaning the backside of Zardari, which is keeping him in the job despite monumental blunders by this idiot.

frenes

Afredi Captaincy kam ar Mummy Dady Photo n actions ziyada hi krny lga tha.
Okat main reh above 300 odi khelny k baad b kuch nhi sekha, ***** hai, Neri pho pha. Afredi ki akar ar akmal bro is ko ley doby hain. nikal bahir kro in ko, aisy hi pak k ley lazim o malzom plear bany bethy hain.

usmanjee786

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Afridi sacked, Misbah takes over as a captain. Your comment??

i think they need to gett rid of ejaz butt.............

ir@pk

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

i do,t really know what Afridi did but if he really did some thing to disrupt the team then its welcoming decision but if it is apart from that then we need to think about the other responsible.because one thing i want to shear with you guys that Afridi is brutally honest man for pak and we all know the consequences of honesty in pak.

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)

jab tak zur dari he pak may koche theek nahee ho sakta

descrete

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Misbah even dont qualify to any format of cricket, and making him a Captain is one of the wost things happened to Pakistan Cricket. I dont remember him (Misbah) winning a major match for Pakistan, and believe me he can't in future. Ijaz Butt is the mother of all evils for Pakistan Cricket. May Allah save us from Butts' evils, Amin.

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)

worst possible choice!!! ek adh dafa ache performance ki base pe tou nahi chal sakta hamesha......

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Pakistan Zindabad - Shahid Afridi got punish by PCB - Shahid Fault why we were in Semi Final

Bcvoz of Misbah we lost T20 Final and World cup Final 2011. He got his AWARD. Pak Zindabad.

I am telling you, Dont ever think positive for Pakistan otherwise you will be in JAIL like AQ

munaybhai

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: Pakistan Zindabad - Shahid Afridi got punish by PCB - Shahid Fault why we were in Semi Final

Politics and Favoritism will eliminate Pakistan cricket team . Imran Khan should take over the Cricket team.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)

Politics and Favoritism will eliminate Pakistan cricket team . Imran Khan should take over the Cricket team.

When Imran was the captain, he was faced with the same allegations, politics and favoritism.

GeoG

You sector incharge probably did not proof read your post
Arn't you from same Bhattah Khor Gang who accuses him day and night for favoring non Karachi players

Your post is against party policy so your mobile will be snatched round Gali's Nukar and if you made any further mistakes, some gentlemen will come from South Africa to sort you out for good...

Last edited:

khan_11

When Imran was the captain, he was faced with the same allegations, politics and favoritism.
This is a wise decision by PBC .I think Afridi should not be selected for either One day side or t20,because this guy has no cricketing brain,if u look back his whole career he always let the whole nation down in so many occasion due to his attitude.I think Misbah is ok for short period but should have give a chance to Faisal Iqbal for all three forms of cricket as a captain.

Zindabad4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well I think Afridi is honest for Pakistan and good player after all and if you see his past as Captain he did well, problem start as everyone know now , PM hoogah tu Punjab see, captain hoo gah tu Punjab, chairman hoo gah tu Punjab see etc….some time I think its not Pakistani team but its Punjab XI.. Misbah lost the test against West Indies history weakest team…. Waqar and Mishab & Co making millions just like Salman Butt ;) just wait and see we all will be surprises against Ireland hahahaha