Administrative units of Pakistan, Please help

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Can anybody tell me for sure how many agencies are there in Pakistan?

I know of 4 provinces. I need to know of the agencies or territories such kahmir, gilgit etc.

How many stars are needed if one star is assigned to each province/agency/territory??

I can google, but I would like you brothers / sisters share your knowledge with me

Jazakallah

Waseem

Staff member
Pakistan is a federation of four provinces, a capital territory and a group of federally administered tribal areas. The government of Pakistan exercises de facto jurisdiction over the western parts of the disputed Kashmir region, organized as two separate political entities (Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan). The third tier of government was composed of 26 divisions with two further tiers (districts and tehsils) administered directly from the provincial level. The divisions were abolished in 2001 and a new three-tiered system of local government came into effect comprising districts, tehsils and union councils with an elected body at each tier. There are currently 107 districts in Pakistan proper, each with several tehsils and union councils. The tribal areas comprise seven tribal agencies and six small frontier regions detached from neighbouring districts whilst Azad Kashmir comprises seven districts and Northern Areas comprises six districts.
Provinces
Balochistan
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Punjab
Sindh
Territories
Islamabad Capital Territory
Federally Administered Tribal Areas
Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Gilgit-Baltistan

gazoomartian

Pakistan is a federation of four provinces, a capital territory and a group of federally administered tribal areas. The government of Pakistan exercises de facto jurisdiction over the western parts of the disputed Kashmir region, organized as two separate political entities (Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan). The third tier of government was composed of 26 divisions with two further tiers (districts and tehsils) administered directly from the provincial level. The divisions were abolished in 2001 and a new three-tiered system of local government came into effect comprising districts, tehsils and union councils with an elected body at each tier. There are currently 107 districts in Pakistan proper, each with several tehsils and union councils. The tribal areas comprise seven tribal agencies and six small frontier regions detached from neighbouring districts whilst Azad Kashmir comprises seven districts and Northern Areas comprises six districts.
Provinces
Balochistan
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Punjab
Sindh
Territories
Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Gilgit-Baltistan

So in all, I need 8 stars right.

thank you brother

gazoomartian

Provinces
Balochistan
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Punjab
Sindh
Territories
Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Gilgit-Baltistan

You can remove this thread after a while unless some one else posts something new. Thank you

Wadaich

Can anybody tell me for sure how many agencies are there in Pakistan?

I know of 4 provinces. I need to know of the agencies or territories such kahmir, gilgit etc.

How many stars are needed if one star is assigned to each province/agency/territory??

I can google, but I would like you brothers / sisters share your knowledge with me

Jazakallah

مجھے پتا ہے آپ سارے ستارے اپنے جھنڈے پر لگا دیں گے(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap) -