Abraaj founder Arif Naqvi slams WSJ report, denies corruption claims

TakhreebKaar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Abraaj founder Arif Naqvi slams WSJ report, denies corruption claims

Arif-Naqvi.jpg

Wall Street Journal reported that Naqvi offered $20 million to a Pakistani businessmen for cooperation in the sale of Abraaj's stake in Pakistan's K-Electric

Abraaj founder Arif Naqvi (Photo: RODGER BOSCH/AFP/Getty Images)

Abraaj founder Arif Naqvi has denied media reports that he was involved in corruption surrounding the sale of the embattled private equity fund’s stake in Pakistan’s K-Electric and again denied any misuse or appropriation of Abraaj funds.
A story published in the Wall Street Journal earlier this week reported that Naqvi offered a $20 million payment to a Pakistani businessman to secure the cooperation of then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the sale of Abraaj’s sale of its stake in K-Electric, which supplies electricity to Karachi and is also partly owned by the Pakistani government.
In a statement sent to Arabian Business, Naqvi said that the allegations “are entirely false”.

“They are premised on isolated extracts from illegally obtained documents that have been taken entirely out of context,” he said.“It appears that unidentified individuals who are unfairly biased against me and Abraaj are seeking to undermine the sale of K-Electric, damage mine and Abraaj’s reputation and thereby prejudice the creditors of the Abraaj Group.”
Naqvi added that he never “contemplated, directed, authorised or paid any bribes” during the K-Electric sale process, which he said “was and very much remains in the best interest of the country.”

In his statement, Naqvi also said that he “neither misused nor misappropriated any Abraaj funds.”“There was nothing untoward about my requests for transfers or Abraaj Group funds to me or my family, or for my personal investments or obligations,” he said.

“In drawing down funds from Abraaj, I acted in accordance with the arrangements put in place by the Abraaj Group.”
Naqvi also added that any drawdowns were “properly recorded and accounted for.”

Lastly, Naqvi said that the use of monies from Abraaj’s healthcare fund for general corporate purposes was undertaken only after having “sought and received independent legal advice as to whether it was permissible.”

All un-invested funds were “accounted for and returned to investors in the healthcare fund with interest as of 31 December 2017” he added.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
aggr yeh laanti ...mi naqli sacha hai aur halali maa baap ki halaali aulad hai to wall st. journal pr case kraay mgr yeh ....mi aur laanti nawaz sharif Butt and company ki trah kabhi kraa gaa nahi

brohiniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

اس کہانی کی تفصیلات یہ ہیں۔
سب سے پہلے ایم۔کیو ایم نے سیاسی دباؤ ڈلوا کر اور غنڈہ گردی کر کے مالدار ترین دودھ دینے والی گائے محکمہ کراچی الیکٹرک سپلائی کارپوریشن کو پرائیوٹائز کروا کے ابراج گروپ کو بکوایا۔ اس کے بدلے میں اربوں روپے لئے اور اپنے ہزاروں کارکنوں ٹارگٹ کلرز کو کے ای ایس سی میں بھرتی کروایا۔
مقصد تھا اس ادارے کو تباہ کرنا کراچی کو تباہ کرنا، تیل کے ذریعے مہنگی بجلی پیدا کرنا، کراچی میں فالٹس اور شٹ ڈاؤن کے زریعے انڈسٹری کو تباہ کرنا،انارکی پھیلانا، لوڈ شیڈنگ پر فسادات کروانا اربوں ڈالرز کی کاپر وائرز کو بیچ کھانا، مزید بجلی گھر نہ بنانے دینا جو کہ ابراج گروپ نے معاہدے میں وعدہ کیا تھا۔ یہ سارے کام ہوئے۔
اس گروپ نے کراچی کے شہریوں کو غلط اور زائد جھوٹی بلنگ کے زریعے بے پناہ لوٹا۔ ابراج گروپ نے سالانہ اربوں روپے منافع کما کر ملک سے باہر بھیجا اور کے ای ایس سی کو تباہ کر دیا یہودیوں کے ایجنڈے کے عین مطابق۔
اللہ کا کرنا یہ ہوا کہ ابراج گروپ شدید مالی خسارے کا شکار ہوا اور اس کو کے ای ایس سی بیچنا پڑا اور اس سودے میں نواز شریف نے بھی مال بنایا۔
یہ عارف نقوی نامی شخص سن 1996 میں اچانک سے بے پناہ دولت لے کر پاکستان میں وارد ہوا اور کپولا گروپ قائم کیا جس نے بے پناہ انوسٹمنس کیں۔ کراچی میں پارک ٹاورز اسی گروپ نے بنایا اور کے ایف سی کا مالک بھی یہی گروپ تھا جو کہ بعد میں دوسری پارٹی کو بیچ دیا گیا۔ پاکستان میں پہلی دفعہ بوتلوں میں پانی بھر کے بیچنے کا یہودی کاروبار بھی اسی گروپ کے تحت شروع کروایا گیا۔ یہ پانی آوا Ava نامی برانڈ کے نام سے بیچا جاتا تھا۔
عارف نقوی کی بہن فوزیہ نقوی میڈیا میں ڈان گروپ کے ساتھ سالوں منسلک رہی ہے۔ یہ خاندان مافیا خاندان کی طرز پر کام۔کرتا رہا ہے۔ عارف نقوی کے ہاتھ بہت گندے رہے ہیں۔ باقی معلومات اس شخص کے بارے میں آپ خود ڈھونڈ لیں۔

sormasahafi

Councller (250+ posts)
Just watch Arshad Sharif interview with Finance Minister Asad Umar. Asad was on the backfoot and completely defensive when asked about Naqvi. This is a must watc

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
saare chor ke bache hain ... why don't this corrupt naqvi sue Wall Street journal and he should get way more than $20m if he wins the defamation lawsuit. He wouldn't do that ... just like Ganja Shareef and his chor brother couldn't see Daily Mail about their story of this Pakistani Czars and their corruption. Someone really needs to grow some b@lls to put this elite mafia behind bars and get all the looted wealth back.

tufail_74

Citizen
but he did not say the used docs are fake. he said these are illegally acquired and out of context so basically he has admitted the story.
what a simple guy this Naqvi is.
now the Butts are in deep trouble.

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
han bhai simple to lage ga na pti ka jo SUpport kia hai agar Kisi aur ka supporter hota to iske poore khandaan ko ap logo ne galiyan deni thi