7 reasons why Bank Alfalah went too far in the Hasan Zaidi controversy

naveed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
https://twitter.com/x/status/1139554136414937095
https://twitter.com/x/status/1139555462897119233
https://twitter.com/x/status/1139557774596034560
zaidi.jpg

Let me make it crystal clear before I begin writing this piece–I do not condone online abusing or cyber trolling in any way. What I’m against is falling prey to double standards.

Putting things in perspective, here’s what happened–Hasan Zaidi, filmmaker, journalist, media consultant and editor Magazines Dawn, reported abusive behaviour by a Bank Alfalah employee.

Zaidi shared screenshots of Fazeel Tajammul–the Unit Head Financial Reporting at Bank Alfalah–in which he seems to be using expletives for him.

A few hours later, Bank Alfalah released a statement that it had fired Tajammul ‘with immediate effect’ after an inquiry was conducted.

Here are some reasons why I think Bank Alfalah went too far…

1. A warning would’ve done the job

Though the tweets were quite abusive and certainly not something to be taken lightly, firing an employee should be the last resort. The bank should have made Tajammul apologise to Zaidi or delete his tweets to him. If Alfalah did that and Tajammul refused to comply, the bank should have shared that.

2. Did Alfalah respond because Zaidi is an influential journalist?

Was the move to appease an influential journalist? Wouldn’t the bank resort to other options or even completely ignore the complaint of a regular person who reported an employee for abusive behaviour? Did the bank try to score brownie points on social media?

3. Tajammul tweeted in his personal capacity…

Granted, he did write on his Twitter bio that he worked at Bank Alfalah but Tajammul wasn’t representing Alfalah when he abused Zaidi. He was commenting as a private individual and was not in any way, representing the bank or its management.

4. Hypocrisy at its peak…

Hasan Zaidi is one of the most foul-mouthed journalists on Twitter. After Tajammul’s screenshots started doing the rounds on Twitter, people started sharing screenshots of Zaidi’s abuse-riddled tweets as well.

By the same standard, Dawn should get rid of Hasan Zaidi ASAP…

5. The inquiry conducted by Bank Alfalah…

Since Bank Alfalah wrote at the end of its statement–“This is for the general information of the public at large”–I think the public deserves to know how the inquiry was carried out. Was Tajammul even given a chance to be heard? Firing an employee a few hours after he’s reported for abusive behaviour points to the contrary.

6. Hasan Zaidi and his history of having people fired…

This is not the first time that Zaidi has complained to an employer about an employee. He didn’t like a transmission on Radio 103 FM and he complained to PEMRA about it. The host of the transmission was fired after Zaidi received a call from the owner. He gloated about it too.

7. Tajammul had a stellar record…

As an employee, he was awarded twice for his work by the CEO himself, according to a tweet. Well, such an employee deserved to be heard before he was fired or at best, an official warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayawish

bro , he just got fired because of Zaidi.Agar main Zaidi ki jaga hota tu usay job se nahin bulte asali fire kar ke maar deta.KP main tu Maa behen par khoon kharab ho jata hai.I myself am PTI supporter but i never absued anyone mom and sister even if someone supporting Nawaz or Zardari.That guy directly insulting Zaidi´s mother and sister ...

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
bro , he just got fired because of Zaidi.Agar main Zaidi ki jaga hota tu usay job se nahin bulte asali fire kar ke maar deta.KP main tu Maa behen par khoon kharab ho jata hai.I myself am PTI supporter but i never absued anyone mom and sister even if someone supporting Nawaz or Zardari.That guy directly insulting Zaidi´s mother and sister ...
Zaidi is also abuser. So Dawn should do the same treatment with him.

Khan125

Baat zaidi ki nhi bank Alfalah ki hey....

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

ji ji bilkul.
jab drones masoom bacho aur aurto ko maar rahay thay to bohat saaray pathan galyo pay nikal kar americans ko dhoond rahay thay
tum kya kar rahay thay jab pathan aurtain aur bachay mar rahay thay?

yo low life.
stop pretending that one ethnic group in pakistan respects their mothers and sisters more than other ethnic groups.
it is because of parasites and imbeciles like u to that we are divided nation.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

also, u r a pathetic hypocrite.
u r the same guy who was distributing on this forum doctored images of women's demonstration.
u were sharing pictures of women demonstrators with embarrassing doctored text on the placards.

you r a lowlife. pti can do well without supporters like u.
start supporting pmln and ppp.
your ethnicity driven nature and misogynist behavior will fit right in those political parties.

kayawish

ji ji bilkul.
jab drones masoom bacho aur aurto ko maar rahay thay to bohat saaray pathan galyo pay nikal kar americans ko dhoond rahay thay
tum kya kar rahay thay jab pathan aurtain aur bachay mar rahay thay?

yo low life.
stop pretending that one ethnic group in pakistan respects their mothers and sisters more than other ethnic groups.
it is because of parasites and imbeciles like u to that we are divided nation.
u idiot , pathans are killing pathans more then US do ... study history first u shit head.We like to kill each other and Afghanistan is a good example for you.And i dont consider Pakistan as one nation because people dont speak one language and dont share one culture.German is a nation , french is a ntion , italy , spain these are nations because all speak one language and share one cultre.Pakistan is a union of 4 nations like india is also union of many nations.I am pro Pakistan but anti punjab.

kayawish

also, u r a pathetic hypocrite.
u r the same guy who was distributing on this forum doctored images of women's demonstration.
u were sharing pictures of women demonstrators with embarrassing doctored text on the placards.

you r a lowlife. pti can do well without supporters like u.
start supporting pmln and ppp.
your ethnicity driven nature and misogynist behavior will fit right in those political parties.
when i shared ? can u quote them to me , by the way are you real khan aur do number khan ? rasha che lag pakhto ke khabara woku ?

Khan125

u idiot , pathans are killing pathans more then US do ... study history first u shit head.We like to kill each other and Afghanistan is a good example for you.And i dont consider Pakistan as one nation because people dont speak one language and dont share one culture.German is a nation , french is a ntion , italy , spain these are nations because all speak one language and share one cultre.Pakistan is a union of 4 nations like india is also union of many nations.I am pro Pakistan but anti punjab.
Stick to the topic.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
u idiot , pathans are killing pathans more then US do ... study history first u shit head.We like to kill each other and Afghanistan is a good example for you.And i dont concider Pakistan as one nation because people dont speak one language and dont share one culture.German is a nation , french is a ntion , italy , spain these are nations because all speak one language and share one cultre.Pakistan is a union of 4 nations like india is also union of many nations.I am pro Pakistan but anti punjab.

your response is so incoherent and intellectually inferior that i would rather waste my time somewhere else.

may be u should do the same. try to watch one of the bollywood movies that 'you can't stop watching.'

do what ever u wanna do but try not to spread any more doctored images of women on this forum.

kayawish

your response is so incoherent and intellectually inferior that i would rather waste my time somewhere else.

may be u should do the same. try to watch one of the bollywood movies that 'you can't stop watching.'

do what ever u wanna do but try not to spread any more doctored images of women on this forum.
thats why i wana ask when did i post doctored imaged of women ? dont talk like Nawaz and give me proof ... i think you talking about those playcards on womens day this febuary ? right ? please check the thread who opened it.

Khan125

Zaidi did not abused anyone mother and sister , i dont like Zaidi BTW.
Yaar bank uskey social media k comments jonuski personal capacity me they unka zimadar nhi..... terey motey dimaagh me ye baat kion nhi a rahee?
Vo bank ka ghulaam nhi k vo boley ga b bank ae pooch k.

kayawish

Yaar bank uskey social media k comments jonuski personal capacity me they unka zimadar nhi..... terey motey dimaagh me ye baat kion nhi a rahee?
Vo bank ka ghulaam nhi k vo boley ga b bank ae pooch k.
Zaidi us par cout main case kar sakta tha , court usay saza de deti because zaidi have sold proofs against him. Saza hone ke bad use ko koi bhi phir job nahin deta ... Bank ka tu sawal hi nahin peda hota.Zaidi ne phir bhi us ke sath narmi ki hai warna wo court main case bhi kar sakta tha.And by the way if you abusing other people on social media why the fuck you mansion on ur acount where you working etc ? Ek tarf wo zaidi ko Maa behen ki galiyaan de raha hai aur dusri taraf apne account main lika hai Bank Alfalah lol.

Khan125

Zaidi us par cout main case kar sakta tha , court usay saza de deti because zaidi have sold proofs against him. Saza hone ke bad use ko koi bhi phir job nahin deta ... Bank ka tu sawal hi nahin peda hota.Zaidi ne phir bhi us ke sath narmi ki hai warna wo court main case bhi kar sakta tha.And by the way if you abusing other people on social media why the fuck you mansion on ur acount where you working etc ? Ek tarf wo zaidi ko Maa behen ki galiyaan de raha hai aur dusri taraf apne account main lika hai Bank Alfalah lol.
Chalo pehly ye btao k konsa kanoon hey jiskey teht isey saza hoteee?

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
thats why i wana ask when did i post doctored imaged of women ? dont talk like Nawaz and give me proof ... i think you talking about those playcards on womens day this febuary ? right ? please check the thread who opened it.

u r a pathological liar.
u think u r smart but unfortunately the truth is very remote from your opinion about yourself.
here is one example of your misogyny and distribution of women's doctored pic.
i reported your post to the admin. the original post was either deleted by the admin or u eventually took it down. however, it still remains in the history of post #7 of the page linked below.
Liberal 000 is responding to your comment in post#7. your original comment shows up in the history with pic.

https://www.siasat.pk/forums/thread...mens-march-being-spread-on-this-forum.680319/