‘GE’s flagship gas turbines achieve world’s record efficiency levels’

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
330196_369110_akhbar.jpg

GREENVILLE, South Carolina: General Electric’s flagship gas turbines in Pakistan have achieved the world’s record efficiency levels after encountering some teething problems at the start, the company’s top official said.

“It is a matter of great pride for us that both of our 9HA turbines have attained efficiency levels close to the world’s record levels of above 62 percent set for GE’s HA turbines in both the 50 and 60 hertz segments,” Chuck Nugent, chief executive officer and president of Gas Power Systems at GE Power told The News.

Nugent, recalling the technical hiccups at the early days of turbines’ operation, said 9HA turbines encountered some teething problems, but “our engineers had fixed them”.

In 2015, GE won the contracts to supply Pakistan with six turbines for the three power plants in Haveli Bahadur Shah, Bhikki, and Balloki in Punjab.

The three plants are estimated to have a combined power production capacity of 3,600 megawatts. The first two have already started production, while the third one will start electricity generation within a next couple of weeks.

The plan was to fire up the turbines in simple cycle mode - delivering around 800MW per power plant - in the spring of 2017 and then to upgrade to 1,200MW combined cycle output after the summer. Yet, they couldn’t start production as per the schedule.

GE, in a statement then, said the three plants are expected to deliver enough power to supply the equivalent of 7.3 million homes over their 30-plus-year life cycle, and that will make a “meaningful difference in the everyday lives of the people of Pakistan”.

The 9HA-class gas turbines, the GE power division’s newest and most prestigious product, entered the Guinness World Records last year for efficiency, based
on the amount of electricity generated from natural gas at the power plant in France, where it was first put into commercial operation in June 2016.

GE Power also announced major accomplishments by its highly efficient HA gas turbine and its services portfolio. These achievements included commercial operation of 26 HA turbine and introduction of the new additive technology MXL2 upgrade for the company’s GT13E2 turbine.

A company’s official told media persons coming from different parts of the world, including Pakistan, the technology upgrade offers power producers up to three million dollars of additional revenue and up to two million dollars in fuel saving in a year.

Chief Executive Officer and President Russell Stokes of GE Power said HA technology enables unprecedented levels of efficiency to help customers reach aggressive emission goals.

“Reduction in cost of power production and reliability are other benefits of this technology,” Stokes said. “The GE’s HA fleet has become the fastest growing in the world with 76 units already ordered by more than 25 customers across 15 countries.”

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/33...ines-achieve-world-s-record-efficiency-levels

pinionated

Minister (2k+ posts)
62% efficiency (which doesn’t sound that great) is their own limit. I am sure Pakistan paid an arm and a leg with kick backs. Please post the rates of electricity produced from this plant.

fawad ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Producing electrcity from gas turbine engines in a country which has abundant hydro power capacity is a failure of the government. Thid is only a short term expensive solution.

RajaRawal111

Producing electrcity from gas turbine engines in a country which has abundant hydro power capacity is a failure of the government. Thid is only a short term expensive solution.

You are Very True about the expensive solution. Thermal power plant takes max three years to set up while hydel projects are setup in min 10 years from start to production. The problem is we need power now.

Will_Bite

So where exactly is this power? I thought all electricity projects expired on may 31st according to shahbaz Sharif.

Been saying this for the past 10 years. Without Improvement in the transmission. System, all additional power plants are useless. A system that trips at 18GW has no reason to work any better after addition. Of even 100GW

hawkinthesky111

Minister (2k+ posts)
bus ker day rajay.. we already know wht happened to the surplus Bijli that ur govt produced....
dont add insult to the injury....

SahirShah

Minister (2k+ posts)
ٹربائن کی چرخی حضرت عابد شیر علی خود اپنے مبارک ہاتھوں سے گھما رہے تھے جس کی بدولت اس ورلڈ ریکارڈ کا حصول ممکن ہو سکا ~ انویسٹیگیشن جرنلزم سیل سے انصار عباسی کا ایک کتورا، دی نیوز...انٹرنیٹ

akmal1

اس خبر کا پاکستان سے کیا تعلق ہے؟ جنہوں نے ٹربائن بنائی ہے کمال تو انکا ہے
وہ جہاں بھی لگاتے تعریف انہی کی ہوتی

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You are Very True about the expensive solution. Thermal power plant takes max three years to set up while hydel projects are setup in min 10 years from start to production. The problem is we need power now.
Lets say I believe your propaganda for the sake of argument that just shows PMLNs has no vision beyond the next elections and its only concern is to get reelected and stay in power.

If it actually cared for the country it would have laid foundations for many long term projects infact it has done exactly the opposite, stopped many almost complete projects started by Parvez Elahi because they cannot take credit for it.

PMLN's only prerogative is that whatever is done, their name plate should be on it and they can earn brownie points to score some votes in the upcoming elections.

RajaRawal111

Lets say I believe your propaganda for the sake of argument that just shows PMLNs has no vision beyond the next elections and its only concern is to get reelected and stay in power.

If it actually cared for the country it would have laid foundations for many long term projects infact it has done exactly the opposite, stopped many almost complete projects started by Parvez Elahi because they cannot take credit for it.

PMLN's only prerogative is that whatever is done, their name plate should be on it and they can earn brownie points to score some votes in the upcoming elections.

Okay here is a list of only hydel projects proposed and some under construction which go beyond the PMLNs tenuse of Takhti Placement.. Now it is your turn to put the list of ""any power plants which Pervez Illahi"" started and has been quashed/stopped by PMLN.
And Remember again we are talking about Power plants....

Under construction

Station
Patrind Hydropower Plant
Naltar-V Hydropower Project
Golen Gol Hydropower Project
Neelum–Jhelum Hydropower Plant
Gulpur Hydropower Project
Shagarthang Hydropower Project
Jabori Hydropower Plant
Karora Hydropower Plant
Koto Hydropower Plant
Lawi Hydropower Plant
Tarbela DamExtension-IV
Harpo Hydropower Project
Karot Hydropower Project
Gorkin-Matiltan Hydropower Project
Keyal Khwar Hydropower Project
Suki Kinari Hydropower Project
Kohala Hydropower Project
Diamer-Bhasha Dam
Taunsa Barrage Hydropower Plant
Kurram Tangi Dam
Naltar-III Hydropower Project
Chashma Hydel Power Project
Naulong Dam
Nai Gaj Dam
Athmuqam Dam
Turtonus-Uzghor Dam

Proposed

Station
Hanzel Hydropower Project
Tarbela DamExtension-V
Kotli Hydropower Project
Dasu Dam
Kalabagh Dam
Bara Dam
Munda Dam
Bunji Hydropower Project
Phandar Hydropower Project
Basho Hydropower Station
Tank Zam Dam
Kaigah Hydropower Project
Hingol Dam
Lower Spat Gah hydropower project
Akhori Dam
Middle Palas hydropower project
Upper Palas hydropower project
Thakot Hydropower Project
Patan hydropower Project
Madian Hydropower Project
Sharmai Hydropower Project
Shushai-Zhendoli Hydropower Project
Shogosin Hydropower Project
Latambar Dam
Mairoobi Dam
Jaroba Dam
Naran Dam
Gorband Hydropower Project
Nand Bahar Dam
Mojigram Shagoor Dam
Astar Rabooni Dam
Arkari Gol Dam
Shringal Dam
Patrak Barikot Dam
Segokatch Dam
Taunsa Hydropower Project
Naran Hydropower Project
Shigo Kas Hydropower Project
Arkari Gol Hydropower Project
Bata Kundi Hydropower Project
Gorband Khwar Hydropower Project
Nandihar Khwar Hydropower Project
Tangir Hydropower Project
Winder Dam
Garuk Dam
Pelar Dam
Daraban Zam Dam
Ghabir Dam
Papin Dam
Nekherdim-Paur Dam
Rajhdani Dam
Mahl Hydropower Project
Azad Pattan Hydropower Project
Kalam Asrit
Gabral Kalam
Bhadi Dhoba Hydropower Project
Galeter Hydropower Project
Saridoa Cross Hydropower Project
Chamfall Hydropower Project
Guddu Hydropower Station
Harighel Hydropower Project
Sehra Hydropower Project
Chakothi-Hattian Hydropower Project
Jagran-II Hydropower Project
Nagdar Hydropower Project
Duwarian Hydropower Project
Asrit-Kedam Hydropower Project
Karang Hydropower Project
Shogo-Sin Hydel Dam
Balakot Hydropower Project
Shushgai Zhendoll
Yogo, Pakistan
Thor Hydropower Project
Yulbo Hydropower Project
Shyok Hydropower Project
Tungus Hydropower Project
Skardu Dam
Dudhnial Hydropower Project
Kundal Shahi Hydropower Project
Trappi Hydropower Project
Nandihar Hydropower Project
Mujigaram Shagore Hydropower Project
Istaro Booni Hydropower Project

Source: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3Wkn.../wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Pakistan.html

RajaRawal111

اس خبر کا پاکستان سے کیا تعلق ہے؟ جنہوں نے ٹربائن بنائی ہے کمال تو انکا ہے
وہ جہاں بھی لگاتے تعریف انہی کی ہوتی

ہاں ں ں ں ں--- پنڈت جی اس بارے میں تو سوچا ہی نہیں تھا
چلو آج آپ کو پھر "فٹ ان دی ماوتھ ایوارڈ" دیا جاتا ہے اتنی اعلی درفنتنی چھوڑنے پر

Foot-in-the-Mouth-Award.jpg

RajaRawal111

ٹربائن کی چرخی حضرت عابد شیر علی خود اپنے مبارک ہاتھوں سے گھما رہے تھے جس کی بدولت اس ورلڈ ریکارڈ کا حصول ممکن ہو سکا ~ انویسٹیگیشن جرنلزم سیل سے انصار عباسی کا ایک کتورا، دی نیوز...انٹرنیٹ

شاہ جی کیا ہو گیا ہے جناب ؟؟؟

akmal1

ہاں ں ں ں ں--- پنڈت جی اس بارے میں تو سوچا ہی نہیں تھا
چلو آج آپ کو پھر "فٹ ان دی ماوتھ ایوارڈ" دیا جاتا ہے اتنی اعلی درفنتنی چھوڑنے پر

Foot-in-the-Mouth-Award.jpg

dr-house-rolling-eyes.gif

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Okay here is a list of only hydel projects proposed and some under construction which go beyond the PMLNs tenuse of Takhti Placement.. Now it is your turn to put the list of ""any power plants which Pervez Illahi"" started and has been quashed/stopped by PMLN.
And Remember again we are talking about Power plants....

Under construction

Station
Patrind Hydropower Plant
Naltar-V Hydropower Project
Golen Gol Hydropower Project
Neelum–Jhelum Hydropower Plant
Gulpur Hydropower Project
Shagarthang Hydropower Project
Jabori Hydropower Plant
Karora Hydropower Plant
Koto Hydropower Plant
Lawi Hydropower Plant
Tarbela DamExtension-IV
Harpo Hydropower Project
Karot Hydropower Project
Gorkin-Matiltan Hydropower Project
Keyal Khwar Hydropower Project
Suki Kinari Hydropower Project
Kohala Hydropower Project
Diamer-Bhasha Dam
Taunsa Barrage Hydropower Plant
Kurram Tangi Dam
Naltar-III Hydropower Project
Chashma Hydel Power Project
Naulong Dam
Nai Gaj Dam
Athmuqam Dam
Turtonus-Uzghor Dam

Proposed

Station
Hanzel Hydropower Project
Tarbela DamExtension-V
Kotli Hydropower Project
Dasu Dam
Kalabagh Dam
Bara Dam
Munda Dam
Bunji Hydropower Project
Phandar Hydropower Project
Basho Hydropower Station
Tank Zam Dam
Kaigah Hydropower Project
Hingol Dam
Lower Spat Gah hydropower project
Akhori Dam
Middle Palas hydropower project
Upper Palas hydropower project
Thakot Hydropower Project
Patan hydropower Project
Madian Hydropower Project
Sharmai Hydropower Project
Shushai-Zhendoli Hydropower Project
Shogosin Hydropower Project
Latambar Dam
Mairoobi Dam
Jaroba Dam
Naran Dam
Gorband Hydropower Project
Nand Bahar Dam
Mojigram Shagoor Dam
Astar Rabooni Dam
Arkari Gol Dam
Shringal Dam
Patrak Barikot Dam
Segokatch Dam
Taunsa Hydropower Project
Naran Hydropower Project
Shigo Kas Hydropower Project
Bata Kundi Hydropower Project
Gorband Khwar Hydropower Project
Nandihar Khwar Hydropower Project
Tangir Hydropower Project
Winder Dam
Garuk Dam
Pelar Dam
Daraban Zam Dam
Ghabir Dam
Papin Dam
Nekherdim-Paur Dam
Rajhdani Dam
Mahl Hydropower Project
Azad Pattan Hydropower Project
Kalam Asrit
Gabral Kalam
Bhadi Dhoba Hydropower Project
Galeter Hydropower Project
Saridoa Cross Hydropower Project
Chamfall Hydropower Project
Guddu Hydropower Station
Harighel Hydropower Project
Sehra Hydropower Project
Chakothi-Hattian Hydropower Project
Jagran-II Hydropower Project
Nagdar Hydropower Project
Duwarian Hydropower Project
Asrit-Kedam Hydropower Project
Karang Hydropower Project
Shogo-Sin Hydel Dam
Balakot Hydropower Project
Shushgai Zhendoll
Yogo, Pakistan
Thor Hydropower Project
Yulbo Hydropower Project
Shyok Hydropower Project
Tungus Hydropower Project
Skardu Dam
Dudhnial Hydropower Project
Kundal Shahi Hydropower Project
Trappi Hydropower Project
Nandihar Hydropower Project
Mujigaram Shagore Hydropower Project
Istaro Booni Hydropower Project

Source: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3Wkn.../wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Pakistan.html
First of all I wasn't exclusively talking about power projects. And majority of these don't have anything to do with the Nooras, many started way before noora came into power and still under construction, i.e could not be completed in Nooras 10 year Punjab and 5 year federal stibt, so exactly like I stated takhti issue and this list also has proposed hydel of PTI;s KPK dams.

And this from just a few names I cross referenced, I sure If I check all of them ( for which I do not have the time for ) 90% will be like this and maybe 10% finished or started in Noora's tenure.

And Fiteh mou to PMLN they could not complete damns in Punjab in straight 10 yrs of govt .

You keep enjoying the imaginary electricity you are getting in PMLN propaganda pieces while rest of the nation suffers.

RajaRawal111

First of all I wasn't exclusively talking about power projects. And majority of these don't have anything to do with the Nooras, many started way before noora came into power and still under construction, i.e could not be completed in Nooras 10 year Punjab and 5 year federal stibt, so exactly like I stated takhti issue and this list also has proposed hydel of PTI;s KPK dams.

And this from just a few names I cross referenced, I sure If I check all of them ( for which I do not have the time for ) 90% will be like this and maybe 10% finished or started in Noora's tenure.

And Fiteh mou to PMLN they could not complete damns in Punjab in straight 10 yrs of govt .

You keep enjoying the imaginary electricity you are getting in PMLN propaganda pieces while rest of the nation suffers.

First of all damn with this notion of rest of nation is suffering. I am not challenging this rant because a single example of load shedding weather it is for couple of hours will put me off. In the major cities other than karachi, people are not going on the verge of dying as you Imrani Kazaabs always portray. But Not saying the problem is solved. Yet we dont have enough data how much consumption is increased in the country.
And I knew you will show me your rear end, that is why I asked you to name few power projects of Pervez Illahi. Even though you tried to tuck it all under power projects. Okay in not the power projects what other industrial project was quashed give me that list.

And what the heck is wrong with the takhti if I accept that on a finished product. Arn't you monkeys on internet enough to degrade that takhti