کشمالہ طارق کے ہاتھوں زخمی ہونے والے شہری کا پہلا دل دہلا دینے والا انٹرویو

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
a giant 4 wheel drive 100 km/h over the speed limit,
You have no proof of that, and its not "giant" its just a regular sized 4x4

then breaking the red light
Also no proof of that. Even in the video the motorcyclist who was hit by the mehran says the signal was about to turn red, meaning hadn't turned red.

And WTF was the Mehran doing? Breaking about 2 million traffic laws. It's like jumping in front of a car on the highway and then blaming the car for hitting you.

Here in the UAE where I live few years ago, my friend hit a woman crossing the road, she ended up with two broken legs, other minor injuries and ended up in the hospital for a few weeks. The Police let him go, because the woman was not crossing the road at a designated pedestrian crossing.

Point being just because one party comes out worse than the other doesn't mean they are not at fault. The worse blame you can lay on the LX is guilty of trying to beat the signal, which really isn't a crime and how many of us are not guilty of that of at least once in a life.

Just because the Lexus was bigger than the Mehran and owned by a public figure does not automatically by default make it at fault. Don't hate someone so much that you sense of justice becomes biased. It's extremely sad on the loss of life that occurred but the blame of that clearly goes on the Mehran driver.

If something like this would have happened somewhere else and the mehran driver survived he would have been jailed and most probably sued by all other parties involved for damages and loss of life of loved ones.

Nightcrawl

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Also no proof of that. Even in the video the motorcyclist who was hit by the mehran says the signal was about to turn red, meaning hadn't turned red.

And WTF was the Mehran doing? Breaking about 2 million traffic laws. It's like jumping in front of a car on the highway and then blaming the car for hitting you.

Here in the UAE where I live few years ago, my friend hit a woman crossing the road, she ended up with two broken legs, other minor injuries and ended up in the hospital for a few weeks. The Police let him go, because the woman was not crossing the road at a designated pedestrian crossing.

Point being just because one party comes out worse than the other doesn't mean they are not at fault. The worse blame you can lay on the LX is guilty of trying to beat the signal, which really isn't a crime and how many of us are not guilty of that of at least once in a life.

Just because the Lexus was bigger than the Mehran and owned by a public figure does not automatically by default make it at fault. Don't hate someone so much that you sense of justice becomes biased. It's extremely sad on the loss of life that occurred but the blame of that clearly goes on the Mehran driver.

If something like this would have happened somewhere else and the mehran driver survived he would have been jailed and most probably sued by all other parties involved for damages and loss of life of loved ones.
Agreed mehran was changing lane should've been in that lane if they wanted to take uturn.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Agreed mehran was changing lane should've been in that lane if they wanted to take uturn.
I have never seen or even heard of some one from the extreme outer lane trying to take a U turn. I myself cannot even imagine doing something so stupid!

Unfortunately 99% of our motorist have no real training or understanding of traffic rules and regulations or have done any sort of real training to get a driving license or even actually have one. The trend is first to drive around a car or a bike and self learn on the fly and then apply for a driving license. Which until recently for a little amount could be delivered to your home if you spent the right amount of money or knew the right people.

Jawad66

MPA (400+ posts)

Well explained,I totally agree with u.

Forceful

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I fully agree, driving a giant 4 wheel drive 100 km/h over the speed limit, and then breaking the red light are not serious faults.
What the hell is this “Breaking Red Light”?
Ishara Torrna . . . Ha Ha Ha, right?
You mean to say in English, “Running Red Light”?

Why don’t you write in Urdu, it won’t be hard for you but easy for us, the readers.

Moreover:
"Run a red light" is an idiomatic expression which means "to pass through an intersection while the traffic light is red without stopping."

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
What the hell is this “Breaking Red Light”?
Ishara Torrna . . . Ha Ha Ha, right?
You mean to say in English, “Running Red Light”?

Why don’t you write in Urdu, it won’t be hard for you but easy for us, the readers.

Moreover:
"Run a red light" is an idiomatic expression which means "to pass through an intersection while the traffic light is red without stopping."

I am a graduate of one of the top universities of the world. It would be best for you not to give me a lesson about English. It will be embarrassing for you.

I am 100% correct when I wrote “ breaking red light

Let's start with Pakistan

Look at the DAWN newspaper website.

The fourth line in the following link says

The violations included breaking a red light

You want more evidence that I am right?

Let's go to Australia.

Look at this government of Western Australia website, (the address has gov in it, so it is not a private website)

The heading is “Breaking red light rules & penalties

https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/Rules-Penalties/Browse/Red-Lights-Intersections

Let's go to the USA

let's see Chicago Tribune.

see the 7th line in the above link
it says " vehicles exceeding speed limits and breaking red-light laws,"

You were sarcastic in your comment and you wrote " Why don’t you write in Urdu, it won’t be hard for you but easy for us, the readers."

Perhaps for the readers like you, I should have written in Urdu.

Last edited: