پاکستان کا شان یا انڈیا کی شان

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Feel very proud of Shan when I see their huge variety of spices here at our local big groceries store. I saw Daal packet this time and bought it. I came home and just curious and wanted to see product of Pakistan label at the back but what a shock, Shan is selling Indian Daal all over the world.

Felt Sorry and Sad.

Shaan-Daal.jpg

wasiqjaved

Feel very proud of Shan when I see their huge variety of spices here at our local big groceries store. I saw Daal packet this time and bought it. I came home and just curious and wanted to see product of Pakistan label at the back but what a shock, Shan is selling Indian Daal all over the world.

Felt Sorry and Sad.

Shaan-Daal.jpg
Looks counterfeit.

Shan Foods is definitely a Pakistani brand, but it's very famous in India. Even Indian Master Chef use Shan masalas. So, I'm not surprised they would fraudulently sell it as their own elsewhere.

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Many Pakistani Items are sold by Indian distributors in the UK. Sometimes the items are packed in the UK.

zain786

bhai jan there is nothing wromg with it it say product of india it dosnt mean ye made in india ye example ager mirch indian region ki ho to us pe product of india he likha jaye ga naa k pakistan ki so chill nothing wrong in it

Dr.Ahsan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
This is definitely counterfeit. Original Shan products are packed in Pakistan and exported to the world. Many local companies (al least in Canada) import different products (Rice, lentils, masala etc) in big lots from Pakistan/India and repack with their logos and mention it mainly as "product of India". This seems like some one is packing counterfeit shan lentils somewhere in the suburbs of Toronto.

kakamuna420

bhai jan there is nothing wromg with it it say product of india it dosnt mean ye made in india ye example ager mirch indian region ki ho to us pe product of india he likha jaye ga naa k pakistan ki so chill nothing wrong in it
customers will always try to get the best thing for the price. it doesn't matter if it is from shaan or Mr. naan. Some shops only keep shaan and national, but I have seen some better quality and price from tooba and mezban

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
customers will always try to get the best thing for the price. it doesn't matter if it is from shaan or Mr. naan. Some shops only keep shaan and national, but I have seen some better quality and price from tooba and mezban
I can tell you that hindus are very concious, they will always buy from theri own stores... you will see all pakistani bangalis at Patel brothers but will rarely see any indian at Pak owned store. Shan misala has made a name for itself from a long time and so it sells but buyers are still mostly us people.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I am not 100% sure but India has been making duplicate of Pakistani products for a long time. I suggest we contact SHAN to find out the reality

drxyz

Voter (50+ posts)
According to new rules, origin of all products should be declared on label. Any part of Garam Masala (spices) is not grown in Pakistan.

By the way all pink rock salt packages contain "product of Pakistan" label.

BrotherKantu

My concern is mostly what happened to Pakistan Daal farmers? Daal is supposed to be cheap and abundant in Pakistan. Why not paying attention to this side of our agriculture?

Why not a Billion Plants of Daal in Pakistan? Whats going on.

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
My concern is mostly what happened to Pakistan Daal farmers? Daal is supposed to be cheap and abundant in Pakistan. Why not paying attention to this side of our agriculture?

Why not a Billion Plants of Daal in Pakistan? Whats going on.

Farmer will only plant what will bring good return. Sugar cane is number one and then other stuff. For a long time Daal and others have been ignored so we have to import it. At one time they sued to give Dall for free... not any more.

taban

جب شان والے نئے نئے مارکیٹ میں آئے تھے تو قیمت بھی کم تھی اور معیار بھی بہت اعلی تھا یہاں ستر اسی پیسے کا بہت اعلی شان کا مصالحہ مل جاتا تھا اب معیار تو وہ پہلے والا نہیں ہے مگر قیمت ڈیڑھ ڈالر کر دی ہے میں نے تو نہیں دیکھا کہ دال پاکستانی ہے یا انڈین اگر شان والوں کو زیادہ پیسے دے کر انڈین چیزیں ہی خریدنی ہیں تو پھر کم پیسے دے کر انڈیا والوں سے ڈائریکٹ ہی کیوں نہ خرید لی جائیں

taban

حلال گوشت والوں نے بھی لوٹ مچائی ہوئی ہے چھوٹا گوشت بھی اب گیارہ ڈالر پاونڈ کر دیا ہے مسلمان بیچارہ کیا کرے نہ جھٹکے کا گوشت کھا سکتا ہے نہ گوشت کے بغیر رہ سکتا ہے

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
حلال گوشت والوں نے بھی لوٹ مچائی ہوئی ہے چھوٹا گوشت بھی اب گیارہ ڈالر پاونڈ کر دیا ہے مسلمان بیچارہ کیا کرے نہ جھٹکے کا گوشت کھا سکتا ہے نہ گوشت کے بغیر رہ سکتا ہے
Very true, Goat is now $11/lb in our TN state. The only choice is lamb which sells for less. Arabs love it but we desi say it smells.

taban

Very true, Goat is now $11/lb in our TN state. The only choice is lamb which sells for less. Arabs love it but we desi say it smells.
یہ سب گوشت بیچنے والوں کی ملی بھگت ہے پتہ نہیں زبح بھی کرتے ہیں یا نہیں آسٹریلیا کا امپورٹڈ گو شت سستا ہے مگر فروزن ہوتا ہے بہرحال میں نے تو مرغی کے گوشٹ پہ زور دیا ہوا ہے آجکل ہم مسلمان ان حلال گوشت بیچنے والوں کا بائیکاٹ بھی تو نہیں کرتے نا