شہباز گل نے کہا کیا تھا

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
شہباز گل نے جو کہا اس سے کسی کی توہین ہوئی بھی ہے تو اسے اس بات کی سزا نہیں مل رہی کے اس نے کیا کہا. اسے اس بات کی سزا مل رہی ہے کے اس نے کیوں کہا

drxyz

Voter (50+ posts)
some of the words for army officers by Quaid-e-Azam in 1948

“I solemnly affirm, in the presence of Almighty God, that I owe allegiance to the Constitution and Dominion of Pakistan (mark the words Constitution and the Government of the Dominion of Pakistan) and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully serve in the Dominion of Pakistan Forces and go within the terms of my enrolment wherever I may be ordered by air, land or sea and that I will observe and obey all commands of any officer set over me…..”
As I have said just now, the spirit is what really matters. I should like you to study the Constitution, which is in force in Pakistan, at present and understand its true constitutional and legal implications when you say that you will be faithful to the Constitution of the Dominion.
I want you to remember and if you have time enough you should study the Government of India Act, as adapted for use in Pakistan, which is our present Constitution, that the executive authority flows from the Head of the Government of Pakistan, who is the governor-general and, therefore, any command or orders that may come to you cannot come without the sanction of the Executive Head. This is the legal position.

drxyz

Voter (50+ posts)
and this is current oath of Army officers which is not much different from 1948

I, -----------------------, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law.
[May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen)]

drxyz

Voter (50+ posts)
All government officers including army officers are bound to take only orders which come from legal authority as well as do not violate constitution. This is what said in essence by Gill.

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
and this is current oath of Army officers which is not much different from 1948

I, -----------------------, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law.
[May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen)]
Thanks

drxyz

Voter (50+ posts)
I am with Gill. Pakistan Army Generals are traitors.
I disagree. Most of Generals are not traitors but they are used to the Power they have been enjoying for many decades. It's very difficult to let go the bad habits and also perks they have been enjoying.
The time has come now. InshAllah Pakistan is moving in a right direction. Democracy and Rule of Law.

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
I disagree. Most of Generals are not traitors but they are used to the Power they have been enjoying for many decades. It's very difficult to let go the bad habits and also perks they have been enjoying.
The time has come now. InshAllah Pakistan is moving in a right direction. Democracy and Rule of Law.
"I, -----------------------, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law.
[May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen)]" (Thanks to you)

Traitor = "a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc"
No one investigated these generals. The day these generals will be investigated you will start agreeing with me.

Siberite

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
"I, -----------------------, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law.
[May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen)]" (Thanks to you)

Traitor = "a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc"
No one investigated these generals. The day these generals will be investigated you will start agreeing with me.
You are in the army now ....

BeggersForSale

MPA (400+ posts)
Actually what Shahbaz Gill said was to follow the way of Shaheed Rashid Minhas i.e. only follow those orders of your seniors which are aligned with the constitution and are not against your country and its defense, just like what Rashid Minhas Shaheed did.