سود پر قرضہ دینے سے ریاست مدینہ کا آغاز نہیں ہو سکتا

Siberite

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I would go the other way, rather then commission, give FBR a big stick and full freedom to use it. Start charging penalties for every day the tax is late. Introduce 100% penalty for tax evasion. No bargaining.

Problem is the FBR guy instead of getting the full tax, will cut a deal with the tax payer to collect x% of the tax due (sometimes part of that in his pocket - which may be greater then any commission he has earned) and close the file.

UK tax authorities (HMRC) used to also negotiate on tax due, but about 10 years ago they decided to stop this as policy. Now it is almost impossible to get any sort of deal. In Pakistan people plan to pay less tax then due - which is why I say we are a nation of tax dodgers.
It won't work. If they get more power, they will start to make deals with defaulters and won't put anything in to Government's coffer.

surfer

It won't work. If they get more power, they will start to make deals with defaulters and won't put anything in to Government's coffer.
They're doing that already now lol

I know someone who made a lot of money about 5 years ago by selling his business. He wanted to pay full tax that was due and FBR instead were telling him to pay less tax but give them a "fee for thier advice" (into a personal account). He reported the officer through the proper channels but nothing happened.

So I guess you then also need a monitoring service to sit on top of FBR. This is why digitisation is so important. Become much harder to fudge files if everything is digital and there is an audit trail.

In the west people fear the taxman more then anything. Until people in pak fear the taxman, they will not pay the tax that is due. Simples.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
2:275
ٱلَّذِينَ يَأْكُلُونَ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ لَا يَقُومُونَ إِلَّا كَمَا يَقُومُ ٱلَّذِى يَتَخَبَّطُهُ ٱلشَّيْطَـٰنُ مِنَ ٱلْمَسِّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوٓا۟ إِنَّمَا ٱلْبَيْعُ مِثْلُ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ ۗ وَأَحَلَّ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْبَيْعَ وَحَرَّمَ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ ۚ فَمَن جَآءَهُۥ مَوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِۦ فَٱنتَهَىٰ فَلَهُۥ مَا سَلَفَ وَأَمْرُهُۥٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۖ وَمَنْ عَادَ فَأُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَـٰبُ ٱلنَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَـٰلِدُونَ

But those who take usury will rise up on the Day of Resurrection like someone tormented by Satan’s touch. That is because they say, ‘Trade and usury are the same,’ but God has allowed trade and forbidden usury. Whoever, on receiving God’s warning, stops taking usury may keep his past gains- God will be his judge- but whoever goes back to usury will be an inhabitant of the Fire, there to remain.

As per the above verse, Allah has forbidden the RIBA while allowing Trade or commerce.

Commerce is a mutual

transaction or loan between parties this

includes profits and interest rates say

you have two happy parties one will give

a loan to the other is

required to pay it back with some change

with some interest rate as long as both

parties have agreed to pay this back in

this manner in this situation it's a

the mutual transaction then it is perfectly

okay between the
two parties

on the other hand, riba or growth is

taking a compounded and unfair interest

rate to a loan it takes advantage of the
less fortunate it keeps them in debt as

we have seen from the Quran. so say you

have the devil and an unhappy person the

the devil gives a loan to this unhappy

person and this unhappy person is

required to pay it back with a
compounded growth a

compounded interest rates it

is basically keeping this unhappy person

in debt forever say for example this

a poor person doesn't have any money he
borrows money from the devil and then

the poor person says hey I come out I

cannot pay you back on time can you give

me more time a devil will say sure I'll

give you more time but I'm going to have

to charge you an extra interest rate and

that cycle continues leaving this poor

person in debt forever and so that is a

difference between RIBA and Commerce

remember this is the Quranic RIBA

to buy a

house or a car under a loan and at least

in the United States, they make sure that

they run through the appropriate

channels to ensure that you can afford
to buy under alone a house or a car plus

the interest rate they check for your

credit they check that you have a job

they check the income that you have they

make sure that you have the appropriate

money to pay back the principal plus

the interest rate

and as long as both of you are satisfied

with the agreed-upon transaction then

this is considered commerce or الۡبَيۡعُ a

2:282
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓا۟ إِذَا تَدَايَنتُم بِدَيْنٍ إِلَىٰٓ أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى فَٱكْتُبُوهُ ۚ وَلْيَكْتُب بَّيْنَكُمْ كَاتِبٌۢ بِٱلْعَدْلِ ۚ وَلَا يَأْبَ كَاتِبٌ أَن يَكْتُبَ كَمَا عَلَّمَهُ ٱللَّهُ ۚ فَلْيَكْتُبْ وَلْيُمْلِلِ ٱلَّذِى عَلَيْهِ ٱلْحَقُّ وَلْيَتَّقِ ٱللَّهَ رَبَّهُۥ وَلَا يَبْخَسْ مِنْهُ شَيْـًٔا ۚ فَإِن كَانَ ٱلَّذِى عَلَيْهِ ٱلْحَقُّ سَفِيهًا أَوْ ضَعِيفًا أَوْ لَا يَسْتَطِيعُ أَن يُمِلَّ هُوَ فَلْيُمْلِلْ وَلِيُّهُۥ بِٱلْعَدْلِ ۚ وَٱسْتَشْهِدُوا۟ شَهِيدَيْنِ مِن رِّجَالِكُمْ ۖ فَإِن لَّمْ يَكُونَا رَجُلَيْنِ فَرَجُلٌ وَٱمْرَأَتَانِ مِمَّن تَرْضَوْنَ مِنَ ٱلشُّهَدَآءِ أَن تَضِلَّ إِحْدَىٰهُمَا فَتُذَكِّرَ إِحْدَىٰهُمَا ٱلْأُخْرَىٰ ۚ وَلَا يَأْبَ ٱلشُّهَدَآءُ إِذَا مَا دُعُوا۟ ۚ وَلَا تَسْـَٔمُوٓا۟ أَن تَكْتُبُوهُ صَغِيرًا أَوْ كَبِيرًا إِلَىٰٓ أَجَلِهِۦ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَقْسَطُ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ وَأَقْوَمُ لِلشَّهَـٰدَةِ وَأَدْنَىٰٓ أَلَّا تَرْتَابُوٓا۟ ۖ إِلَّآ أَن تَكُونَ تِجَـٰرَةً حَاضِرَةً تُدِيرُونَهَا بَيْنَكُمْ فَلَيْسَ عَلَيْكُمْ جُنَاحٌ أَلَّا تَكْتُبُوهَا ۗ وَأَشْهِدُوٓا۟ إِذَا تَبَايَعْتُمْ ۚ وَلَا يُضَآرَّ كَاتِبٌ وَلَا شَهِيدٌ ۚ وَإِن تَفْعَلُوا۟ فَإِنَّهُۥ فُسُوقٌۢ بِكُمْ ۗ وَٱتَّقُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ ۖ وَيُعَلِّمُكُمُ ٱللَّهُ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

You who believe, when you contract a debt for a stated term, put it down in writing: have a scribe write it down justly between you. No scribe should refuse to write: let him write as God has taught him, let the debtor dictate, and let him fear God, his Lord, and not diminish [the debt] at all. If the debtor is feeble-minded, weak, or unable to dictate, then let his guardian dictate justly. Call in two men as witnesses. If two men are not there, then call one man and two women out of those you approve as witnesses, so that if one of the two women should forget the other can remind her. Let the witnesses not refuse when they are summoned. Do not disdain to write the debt down, be it small or large, along with the time it falls due: this way is more equitable in God’s eyes, more reliable as testimony, and more likely to prevent doubts arising between you. But if the merchandise is there and you hand it over, there is no blame on you if you do not write it down. Have witnesses present whenever you trade with one another, and let no harm be done to either scribe or witness, for if you did cause them harm, it would be a crime on your part. Be mindful of God, and He will teach you: He has full knowledge of everything.

Siberite

They're doing that already now lol

I know someone who made a lot of money about 5 years ago by selling his business. He wanted to pay full tax that was due and FBR instead were telling him to pay less tax but give them a "fee for thier advice" (into a personal account). He reported the officer through the proper channels but nothing happened.

So I guess you then also need a monitoring service to sit on top of FBR. This is why digitisation is so important. Become much harder to fudge files if everything is digital and there is an audit trail.

In the west people fear the taxman more then anything. Until people in pak fear the taxman, they will not pay the tax that is due. Simples.
Make sure you don't put Azeem Sawati on monitoring them. And thats precisely the problem is with IK .. He is incapable to select best of the people for the jobs . Unless , he reassess himself and ponder on the direction of his Governance, nothing will change in Pakistan . His biggest mistake was to remove the best of the PTI team after winning the election and gathered all kind of lotas and sycophants. The results are in front of you. His wishes are empty desires and his actions are useless with his team selection.