خطرناک دماغی بیماری ‘ الزائیمرز ‘ سے متعلق اہم تحقیق منظرعام پر

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
my father suffered from this. When he was diagnosed I red all the stages online. sometime ignorance is blessing. we could not do anything but atleast we were mentally prepared. on top he broke his leg and was on bed for his last 2 years. Its really painful when people joke about this disease
I agree. I was surprised to see some off topic comments. We need to be real serious on sensitive matters. A very close friend of mine his mother was Inflicted with this disease. We have seen all those stages with her. Working with inflicted patients is a very disturbing experience. We had a Geriatric unit also known Older Adult Unit, every day you go for a round to differen units you pass through this unit. Sometimes I had tears in my eyes just to see the devastation of this disease.

Last edited:

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
My father is living with it, it’s difficult to see him leave a moment at a time. My research has shown that most promising treatment is stem cell. But it’s. Too expensive and not covered by insurance.
My father is 87 and is in a peaceful state of mind.
Thanks. to Allah, he has forgotten almost everything but sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night asking if he did his Namaz.
May Allah grant him peace in this life and Jannat hereafter.
May Allah grant him peace in this life and Jannat hereafter. آمین ثمہ آمین یا رب العالمین
Stem cells therapy does hold promise but the problem at present for us Muslims is that they use pig's cells in this program.
I have a very wealthy patient, one day on his regular check up he requested me if I can arrange for his stem cells treatment with a group who is in this business. I picked up the phone and talked to the director (MD, PhD) of the lab, he said for sure they can do it and told me it has shown indeed very promising results in the Infarction cases as well. The patient said price is not an issue and he will make cash payment. Before hanging up the phone, out of curiosity, I asked him little more info on the stem cells. The director told me the cells are from the pigs as sheep or other mammals have not shown any promising results thus far.
Speaker phone was on and the patient was listening to the conversation. The moment he heard about pig's cells he said I would prefer to die rather than to have that swine's cells in his body.
He's a devout Muslim brother from Pakistan and Alhamdolillah is still kicking and doing great.

NasNY

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I agree. I was surprised to see some off topic comments. We need to be real serious on sensitive matters. A very close friend of mine his mother was Inflicted with this disease. We have seen all those stages with her. Working with inflicted patients is a very disturbing experience. We had a Geriatric unit also known Older Adult Unit, every day you go for a round to differen units you pass through this unit. Sometimes I had tears in my eyes just to see the devastation of this disease.
May Allah grant him peace in this life and Jannat hereafter. آمین ثمہ آمین یا رب العالمین
Stem cells therapy does hold promise but the problem at present for us Muslims is that they use pig's cells in this program.
I have a very wealthy patient, one day on his regular check up he requested me if I can arrange for his stem cells treatment with a group who is in this business. I picked up the phone and talked to the director (MD, PhD) of the lab, he said for sure they can do it and told me it has shown indeed very promising results in the Infarction cases as well. The patient said price is not an issue and he will make cash payment. Before hanging up the phone, out of curiosity, I asked him little more info on the stem cells. The director told me the cells are from the pigs as sheep or other mammals have not shown any promising results thus far.
Speaker phone was on and the patient was listening to the conversation. The moment he heard about pig's cells he said I would prefer to die rather than to have that swine's cells in his body.
He's a devout Muslim brother from Pakistan and Alhamdolillah is still kicking and doing great.

cell therapy glial progenitor cells
More research is needed.

such786

Senator (1k+ posts)
My father is living with it, it’s difficult to see him leave a moment at a time. My research has shown that most promising treatment is stem cell. But it’s. Too expensive and not covered by insurance.
My father is 87 and is in a peaceful state of mind.
Thanks. to Allah, he has forgotten almost everything but sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night asking if he did his Namaz.
May Allah grant him peace in this life and Jannat hereafter.
Allah may grant him health and peace and blessing.

basent

Senator (1k+ posts)

Understanding Alzheimer's Disease -- Symptoms​

The symptoms of Alzheimer's disease often come on slowly. It might start when someone has trouble recalling things that just happened or putting thoughts into words. But over time, the problems get worse. People in the later stages of the disease usually can’t live alone or care for themselves.
There are three main phases of Alzheimer's: mild, moderate, and severe. Each stage has its own set of symptoms.

Mild Alzheimer's​

The first stage usually lasts from 2 to 4 years. The symptoms include:
  • Having less energy and drive to do things
  • Less interest in work and social activities and spending more time just sitting, watching TV, or sleeping
  • Loss of recent memories, like forgetting conversations and events that just happened
  • Language problems, like trouble putting their thoughts into words or understanding others
  • Mild coordination problems, such as trouble writing or using familiar objects.
  • A hard time with everyday tasks, such as following a recipe or balancing a checkbook
  • Mood swings that involve depression or a lack of interest
  • Trouble with driving, like getting lost on familiar routes

When a person has one or a few of these issues, it doesn’t necessarily mean they have Alzheimer's. There are other medical conditions that can cause the same problems, such as:
  • Conditions that affect metabolism, such as a thyroid problem
  • Drug abuse
  • Taking medications that don’t work well together
  • Parkinson's disease
  • Stress
  • Depression

A doctor can check on these symptoms and do tests to know if a person has Alzheimer’s or something else.

Moderate Alzheimer's​

This is when memory loss gets worse and starts to cause problems in daily life. This stage can last from 2 to 10 years.
Someone with moderate Alzheimer's may start to forget details about their life, like where they went to high school or when they got married. They may not recognize or remember family members and friends. They might also forget where they leave things and can’t retrace their steps to find them.

Other symptoms at this stage can include:
  • Rambling speech
  • Trouble coming up with the right words and using the wrong ones
  • A hard time planning or solving problems
  • Confusion about time or place. They may get lost in places they have been before. Once they are there, they may not know how or why they got to that place.
  • Not dressing for the weather
  • Getting angry or upset easily, sometimes lashing out at family or caregivers
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Wandering
  • Delusions, such as thinking a caregiver is trying to hurt them
Some people with moderate Alzheimer’s also become more aware that they’re losing control of their lives, which can make them even more frustrated or depressed.

Severe Alzheimer's​

The third stage, also known as late Alzheimer's, is the most severe. It typically lasts 1 to 3 years.
People in this phase might have some or all of these symptoms:
  • Major confusion about what’s in the past and what’s happening now
  • Can’t express themselves, remember, or process information
  • Problems with swallowing and control of their bladder and bowels
  • Weight loss, seizures, skin infections, and other illnesses
  • Extreme mood swings
  • Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that aren’t really there, called hallucinations
  • Can’t move easily on their own

Alzheimer's or Normal Aging?​

Just about everyone has minor memory glitches as they get older. If someone forgets a name or why they walked into the kitchen, that doesn't mean they have Alzheimer's.
The main problem that defines the disease is trouble planning and handling day-to-day tasks, like paying bills, managing a checkbook, or using familiar appliances around the house.

What You Can Do​

If you think you notice the signs of Alzheimer’s in yourself or a loved one, the best thing to do is to talk to a doctor. They can let you know what the symptoms mean and what your options are for treating them. There are new advances available which can help with early detection and treatment. One is as simple as a blood test to determine the presence or absence of proteins that may indicate there are Alzheimer's associated plaques in the brain.
Hello my wife got Covid which attack her brain in April and she lost all memory now 5th month ended no memory recover before Covid she have some short memory you can say 5% memory lose but after Covid 99% memory loss and i did not know did she recover back or not she is 54 years old. do you have any information about covid and brain issue? in Lahore the Neurologist did not know this type of disease.

such786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hello my wife got Covid which attack her brain in April and she lost all memory now 5th month ended no memory recover before Covid she have some short memory you can say 5% memory lose but after Covid 99% memory loss and i did not know did she recover back or not she is 54 years old. do you have any information about covid and brain issue? in Lahore the Neurologist did not know this type of disease.
The symptoms of Alzheimer's disease worsen over time, although the rate at which the disease progresses varies. On average, a person with Alzheimer's lives four to eight years after diagnosis, but can live as long as 20 years, depending on other factors
Alzheimer or dementia is slow processing of killing brain cells but unfortunately it is unrecoverable. My grand mother and her daughter was target by this disease. Allah may grand them Jana. it is slow poison and day day health fall like roller coaster. Just take care of them because these people need 24 hour care.