جوبائیڈن کا جنگی جنون، دہلی اور کابل میں خوشی کی لہر

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The US is already in the gutter. It cannot afford a prolonged Afghan war.
Even, the people in US are now against it. The US society is already getting polarized on this issue and that is why, this was the very first time when US Army was called in at the White House when Joe Biden was to take over and this was also the very first time US has seen people attacking the Govt buildings.

If US starts up such a thing again, there will be more resistance coming from inside than any other external powers of Russia or China etc.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The US economy is more than 21 Trillions per year and major product is weapon and major buyer is American forces. This means war is the driving engine of US market.

GreenMaple

Even, the people in US are now against it. The US society is already getting polarized on this issue and that is why, this was the very first time when US Army was called in at the White House when Joe Biden was to take over and this was also the very first time US has seen people attacking the Govt buildings.

If US starts up such a thing again, there will be more resistance coming from inside than any other external powers of Russia or China etc.
Agree; they have too many internal fissures to deal with at this time. A useless Afghan war with trillions thrown already into this sink hole should be the least concern for them.

waqqaskhan

Councller (250+ posts)
Agree; they have too many internal fissures to deal with at this time. A useless Afghan war with trillions thrown already into this sink hole should be the least concern for them.
After Vietnam people said US will never to go to War it was one of the biggest blunder they made. That is why they had to plan 911. So if they need they will use the media and false alarms and make way for that.

GreenMaple

After Vietnam people said US will never to go to War it was one of the biggest blunder they made. That is why they had to plan 911. So if they need they will use the media and false alarms and make way for that.
I cannot disagree with you, and anything is possible; however the economic situation of the US is very different than what it used to be fifty years ago. Currently, they are more than 20 trillions dollars in debt, and China is breathing on their neck in taking over them to become number one economy in the world. I don't think they can afford any major wars at this time.

Sohail Shuja

Unfortunately this kind of situation push you to do wars,
You are taking one thing constant here.... the internal political situation of US. In the past days, US could afford going to offshore wars, as far as its public was supporting the regime. Now, things are different. They will face an internal turmoil in case if they start beefing up their forces in Afghanistan or anywhere, at this very point in time.

waqqaskhan

Councller (250+ posts)
You are taking one thing constant here.... the internal political situation of US. In the past days, US could afford going to offshore wars, as far as its public was supporting the regime. Now, things are different. They will face an internal turmoil in case if they start beefing up their forces in Afghanistan or anywhere, at this very point in time.
you have a very valid point, you are right you need money and strength to go for war, and my point is many times countries like US needs wars to generate money.

Sohail Shuja

you have a very valid point, you are right you need money and strength to go for war, and my point is many times countries like US needs wars to generate money.
Actually I am referring to the political support from the general public. Trump has left a very volatile political atmosphere in US for the incoming Government, specially regarding offshore wars. The most pressing point in Trump's election campaign was that he did not start any new war since his time in the office.

Furthermore, previously, he was elected on a promise to the American people that he will bring his soldiers back, and in lieu to this, he did reduce offshore US Army presence in Afghanistan and Iraq and also withdrew from Syria.

So my point is that if the current regime goes out for a war, then the US public will be throwing stones at their parliament. We have already seen quite a flurry in these elections already. A hint of this hypothesis is further confirmed by the recent US declaration to end support of the Saudis in Yemen war. They are trying to pose in front of the US public that they are also against war (apparently).

waqqaskhan

Councller (250+ posts)
Actually I am referring to the political support from the general public. Trump has left a very volatile political atmosphere in US for the incoming Government, specially regarding offshore wars. The most pressing point in Trump's election campaign was that he did not start any new war since his time in the office.

Furthermore, previously, he was elected on a promise to the American people that he will bring his soldiers back, and in lieu to this, he did reduce offshore US Army presence in Afghanistan and Iraq and also withdrew from Syria.

So my point is that if the current regime goes out for a war, then the US public will be throwing stones at their parliament. We have already seen quite a flurry in these elections already. A hint of this hypothesis is further confirmed by the recent US declaration to end support of the Saudis in Yemen war. They are trying to pose in front of the US public that they are also against war (apparently).
Shoail Sahab very valid point, but keep in mind Biden has a deep state mind set. He right away said he will reconsider Taliban accord and also from Yemen he is taking his troops to Syria where things are getting in control of Syrian Govt . Wallaho Alam